Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

To believe or not to believe...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Spiritual & Philosophical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: To believe or not to believe... Reply with quote

I find the concept of not believing in anything greater than yourself a little sad... empty... depressing. Maybe it's just me...

siege

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that there are plenty of things greater than human beings, however, I am not totally convinced that any one or combination of these things actively governs us, which is the belief of many religious people.
cathmael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is damned arrogant to think that we are limited to 4 dimensions and a simple reality. Proving that is the hard part......

It's also arrogant to think we are the ultimate expression of intelligence in the cosmos.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ever wonder if maybe everyone is wrong? I mean can there be just one right answer?

Or maybe everyone is right.
Necromancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclecta,
I think that everyone is wrong and that everyone is right at the same time. By that I mean that in waking life or waking reality, we perceive what we believe in and to an extent we experience that when we die. So even though our limited view is right for our everyday lives because it is what we experience and believe in, it's not the whole truth of the bigger picture. Any waking reality experienced by us as humans no matter how limited it is, is a form of the truth of the bigger picture. I hope that made some sense. In my opinion, there are no limits in the bigger picture. Finding that level of awareness takes dedication.
cathmael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are limits to what we can do. What those limits are, we can only guess.
RevDevon
Associate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personel outlook on it is that there is not a superior being , but there is a higher force ....As I"m GOD but you and everyone else is also ...this superior force is all around us 24/7 for lack of a better anthology bare with me ...just as an example with an automobile it is a great force but in order to be that great force it takes thousand of parts to make it that force even the smallest component missing it has the potential of complete failure .... that being said as yes I am god just as evryone else is and collectively all together we are that ultimate force ... hope ya understood my thought process
UCV ,Dracorian 4th Chair House of Ma’at , Senior Honor Elder
Pranism Society, Elder/Admin Ordained Minister, U.L.C./Orderae Occultis/S.H.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Necromancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe in a God or higher deity myself. I believe that as humans we have souls and that our souls are not bound to the three dimensions that our bodies are. I have had experiences and particularly dreams in my life that have alowed me to become more aware. These experiences have alowed me to see that there are little or no limits as to what the soul can do. I believe that our souls were and are all part of the same energy. I think of this analogy, our souls are like one beam of light that is shining through a prism and broken up into individual rays of light. We are all originating from the same place like the rays of light. At some point in time we might all go back to the original one beam.
Merticus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reminded of K-Pax Smile
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't that a movie?
Merticus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church..

Gotta love that bumpersticker on Tim's car.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, I like that bumper sticker's saying, Eclecta. Smile I say the same with that also.

I was once friends with a girl, who called me up one day and told me to take a bible (of any kind obviously) to school. She wanted to prove a point to everyone at our school that they are or are not religious to only one religion and/or more, and I wanted to help her with her idea (well someone has to do it, right?!).
I did not have a bible of any kind, so I asked my other friend for a bible and he asked me a question back in return, "Are you sure you want this bible that I have, Amber?" Yes, I was sure.

When I came to school on Monday, one girl was holding a Wiccan bible, my friend who called me the other night brought in a Christian bible, and I had the Satanic bible (I did not know one of my friends was actually Satanic until I asked him and he said it, and...I still don't know if he telling the truthm, but, eh, oh well...he can read like I can ).

Well, it turns out that one girl (with the Wiccan bible) and I (with the Satanic bible) got yelled at to put them away, so my friend clearly showed off a Christian bible and they did nothing to her, not even a warning to her. From that day forward, when ever everyone stood up to pledge to the flag, no one said "in God".

So, I clearly do agree with that bumper sticker. Smile
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just wrong on so many levels, but that is how society is. I also have a "Ghost Hunter's Bible" which really isn't a bible at all, but more a handbook or set of guidelines according to one persons perceptions..

Now, granted if you had the bibles out when you were supposed to be having other books, that could be the reason you were told to put them away, but perhaps this is just wishful thinking on my part.
Amber Mallis

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually we all had them out the whole day and I was told once to put the Satanic bible away, while the other one was told to put the Wiccan bible away at least six times, and the person who had the Christian bible was not told once.

So we all had the bibles out as reading books.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> General Spiritual & Philosophical Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: