Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Misc. Individuals - Survey Inquiry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Misc. Individuals - Survey Inquiry Reply with quote

Ave,

I thank you for taking the time to look outside yourselves, to the Community as a whole. This has been a massive undertaking on your part. I am writing to let you know I personally am gratefull of the work you are doing.

May you be right; that it truly does help the VC learn where it is, to better guage where it should go,

Rafe

Posted by Rafe on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 6:21 AM
myspace.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MySpace.com
User: Moon
Aug 19, 2006 6:18 PM

I was looking at your survey and was noticing the conditions you spoke of but none including anemia or lack of ferrous sulfate, a lack of iron in the blood cells, or a lack of what one should have as far as that is concerned. For now I cannot remember the techincal term for one who has severe anemia (in which the person is lacking a certain number of blood plateltes as comapred to the normal person).
If you are aware of what anemia is some have it so severe that not only do such people, especially women have to take birth control but they have to take the ferrous sulfate vitamin and in some cases blood transfusions(I have been lucky enough not to need transfusions yet, but, I know with the lack of blood cells one does feel very weak, light headed and so on.) My condition will not go away, it seems like no matter what I do, along with the symptoms.
I was also surpirsed to not see anything about being of kin, which some will refer to as instead of practicing such things just being born in such a way, more like hereditary, passed along the bloodlines. (Within the first couple of pages of the survey)
Let me ask you something else out of curiousity. Do you have the ability to shut your senses off (whether you can sense many others or just feel them around you...I do know about shielding, but what I am speaking of is doing it on a long term basis)?
I found your survey rather fascinating though long (980+ questions) and am wondering what the results are, because I am rather curious to see what the results are and how you figured out who got the surverys (other than those perhaps you may have sensed yourself or people you know of).
I tend to believe everyone has special gifts, but it is what we use them for that defines a person.

Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your message. Anemia is covered in the VEWRS along with other blood related disorders. The AVEWRS (2nd survey) does not re-cover this topic as section one of the AVEWRS is an extension of section one of the VEWRS (1st survey). For any condition not listed the "other and additional" sections are provided for fill in/write in. Hereditary conditions mainly related to psychic sensitivity is covered as well as some limited medical conditions. The exclusion of a detailed parental medical background is due to the inaccurate and speculative answers that would be given by a large majority of respondents. One may be aware of heart disease, anemia, or certain forms of cancer in their family, however, this information is useless without a battery of questions relating to lifestyle, exposure, pre-existing conditions, childhood immunizations, inherited traits, etc. of the parents. Otherkin, born, and inherited psychic/vampiric traits is covered in section one of the VEWRS (childhood experiences and if a family member identifies or you suspect of being a vampire - #86 - 91) and even more so in section two and three of the AVEWRS - specifically question #850 that asks if one believes in either a dormant or recessive gene vampirism theory and to provide their own interpretation. Personally I can shut my sense off for extended periods of time as needed, however, do not recommend this kind of permanent detachment or barrier with yourself from the rest of the world. It typically desensitizes one to important aspects that not only contribute to healthy energy exchange but also basic social interaction and mental well being. It is far healthier to learn to filter and utilize the appropriate energy and stimuli you encounter in daily life than attempt universal rejection. Thank you for your support and participation in our research!

- Vampire Research Staff

Last edited by Merticus on Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sep 26 2006 5:00 PM
MySpace.com

I don't mean to be rude, but who are you and why are you doing this?

What is the objective of this survey and who will have access to the raw and summary data?

Also, how is it you came select me as a prospective "Friend"?

Thank you for indulging my curiousity,

- Christian Blood

Reply: The only individual(s) who have access or will ever have access to the "entire" raw data is Merticus of Atlanta, GA under Suscitatio Enterprises LLC - if you are not aware of this individual and require a "character" reference feel free to contact Michelle Belanger, Alister of HDH, Raven of House Eclipse, Gabriel of LostHaven, Sangi, Melissa Brown, Vicutus, Aislin of HOTD, Rob of NOX, Lono, etc. The analysis of the whole data will be conducted by House AVA (independent affiliation) along with the possibility of assistance by institutional researchers. If you are seeking specifics from a standpoint of privacy: the return envelopes if mailed hard copy are provided as V. Survey (to and from), destroyed upon receipt - double-blind, and all e-mail addresses that are incoming to any vampiresurvey.com domain along with any IPs are purged on daily basis along with no records of web log activity archived or kept on file. We can't tell "who" is filling out which survey nor does it interest us. The summary or analyzed / correlated data (absent of any personal information that might; although should NEVER, have been included on a survey) will be a matter of Community domain in published or online released format. Those who drafted this survey, conduct this survey, or analyze this survey have no loyalty or affiliation with Todd, Sahjaza, X, HOTD, or anyone for that matter as applied to this research. ie: If the survey research finds the majority of respondents to believe StrigoiVii is a detriment to the Community or that they have never heard of Iron Garden, HOTD, etc. or if someone comments that S&M is a horrible board, DDD is an experiment in censorship, and Kheperu is the greatest thing since sliced bread - we don't care and those types of responses are struck. We're not researching individual, house, or forum popularity nor will be a conduit of advertising such. Various random elders/notable/public figures of the Community are listed on the top 24 on MySpace for recognition purposes only. While in some form or fashion we "know" personally everyone listed, in the interest of avoiding bias we do not permit endorsements, open alignment with a particular path belief, or direct support of any events, gatherings, halos, or for that matter any political bs that circulates in this Community. Such is not the focus of this study and not of interest. Our main concern is soliciting quality responses from all aspects of the Community and in the 2nd survey to focus on vampirism and energy work in detail. We remain available for any questions you may have in the future. Take care!

I appreciate the detailed and thoughtful nature of your reply. You seem to have the best intentions, and well-reasoned ideas about how to execute the project.

I wish you the best with your research.

- Christian Blood
Merticus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Date: Sep 17, 2006 11:16 AM

I have just gone to the website to request a hard-copy of the both surveys as I didn't think my 'puter may be capable. ...lol.

I'm SO VERY happy to see this effort put forth. For a couple years now, I've been putting ideas together for a book about us and maybe when I'll EVER get back to it, I would LOVE some sort of collaboration with you all, AND if I can ever get my ass the short (somewhat) drive up to Atlanta from Tallahassee, why I'd just love to meet up!

Enjoy the remains of yr weekend.

Aszneth
v----v
Merticus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MySpace
Dark Angel
Oct 2 2006 2:32 AM

I took the survey and I learned a lot from it too because it made me do a self evaluation, as well as made me think about a lot of things. It also made me realize how much I know about vampirism. I never gave myself much credit for my hard studying. So it was nice to do. Plus I like that it'll help other vampires too, so I loved participating it. I'll love to promote it in my group. You are more than welcome to join it as well. It's on http://vampires.meetup.com. My groups are the Houston Vampire meetup groups. I'm the organizer of both vampire meetup groups in Houston, so you can join both, and can promote anything you want on it as long as it's appropriate, and from my first impression on you, I'm quite sure it will be.
Thank you for everything,
Krystal
Merticus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older Responses:

Catherine
Jan 10 2006 8:53 AM

thank you for reaching out to someone as myself.

Melissa Brown
Feb 7 2006 8:34 PM

I would love to become more involved with you, your house, and your research projects.
How can I do this?

Jahala
May 15 2006 8:20 PM

Fantastic to see this kind of work being done. Smile

Date: May 16, 2006 11:34 PM

I would love to help with this.. ut I am not at home for about a week.. could you possibally send me a reminder of the addy so that I can do this when I get home please?
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire & Energy Work Research Survey
Posted by: "Darling Sager" prettyvoice1983@yahoo.com prettyvoice1983
Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:35 pm (PST)
Vampire & Energy Work Research Survey
An Introspective Examination Of The Real Vampire Community

Authorized Edition v1.0 - 22 March 2006

I recommend this survey to all vampires in the communtiy whether you
be a member of a house, forum, or individual path.
I have taken this survey, and beleive it would be extremely helpfeul
to the vampire community as a whole. It will help us grow more united
and to have a better understanding of one another and ourselves. It
will also help us to find better ways to help the mundane to
understand about our culture and beleifs. So, please, take the time
to fill out the survey, you will be glad you did.

Here is a link to it, if anyone needs it, that may have not gotten
it in an emial, or accidently dismissed it as spam.

http://www.vampiresurvey.com

Sincerly,
Darling Sager
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: