Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Further Down The Rabbit Hole - Survey Inquiry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Further Down The Rabbit Hole - Survey Inquiry Reply with quote

Response To Variety Of Posts In Announcements:

To: <vorsuc@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:50 AM
Subject: VEWRS Research Survey Reply - Further Down

Replied in response to everyone's concerns / questions on Further Down

To address some of the concerns above:

First and foremost we are not "removed" from the community so we indeed see the issues you voice and chatter concerning the VEWRS. This is how some of you found the survey in your e-mail box… we or others who are affiliated with us know you personally.

Do not concern yourselves so much with the moon phase, personality, etc. – aka BS oriented questions. There are two VERY important reasons we included such types of questions. First they serve to establish a baseline of research from which to dispel those "fantasy" notions and secondly throughout the entire survey there are a series of "red flag" questions that when looked at as a whole help us in determining the background of the individual completing the survey. We DO not intend to publish garbage about people who howl at the moon and mesmerize people... I would refer everyone to questions past the first 150 that begin to address more substance because all of the questions mentioned above occur before any mention of the word "vampire". This survey requires that you read between the lines somewhat on how serious we intend to pursue this study… not everything can be said publicly up front as it will skew the data.

As far as privacy, we don't want to know who you are. Actually at this point the only person who has access to surveys within the AVA is "me" and when we move into data analysis groups the surveys will be divided into their respective categories to alleviate the "oh I think I know who this is" possibility and I can assure you I have little need of someone else's identity or money... but after sinking about $1,500 into the development of this survey hmm - jk. But as always if you feel uncomfortable answering a particular question feel free to leave it blank or remove the "city", etc. We’ve sent out over 200 hard copies of this survey because many wish to write in the margins and make notations of additional data.

We struggled with wanting to release the second part of this survey and to combine it with the first - yes I said "Second". There is a far more specific non-community but condition/trait/scientific/case study only series of questions that compliment this survey. We were advised not to include these advanced topics in this survey as we would lose the focus and "assume" responses ahead of the establishment of a baseline of where both the affiliated and solitary community stood on certain issues. This survey will be available in August of this year for those who have completed the first survey and is more in line with that the "established / true vampire community" is seeking. Just please understand we have to dispense with some measure of questions that may or may not relate in order to strive towards a fair and equal representation. The focus is sound and will be adequately addressed once the baseline is established.

Blood analysis... There are already projects within the community to analyze the DNA of a more “public” figure… personally I think this will not yield a result of any usefulness less it was done on a large and unbiased scale. As far as a more detailed medical and genetic exploration we have discussed such plans for the future as practicality, privacy, and financial circumstances permit.

Of the 70+ surveys we've received back thus far as of the date of me writing this response only 3 have expressed ideas of what many would consider a "fantasy / immortal" nature. We are well aware of the road to hell analogy and will strive to remain true to our own community. By in large support for this survey has been overwhelming with the only criticisms being that which was expressed above due in large part by not knowing "who or what" the intentions of the researchers are since we have maintained strict neutrality within the community.

Please do NOT wait for the results without participating... we need as many "quality" responses as possible and the follow-up with the second survey that will address the more detailed points and questions. We don't mind if you send it online or by mail and have given everyone a 100+ day window to take your time to complete.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us at:

research@atlantavampirealliance.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply From Vorsuc:

To: research@atlantavampirealliance.com
Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 01:01 pm
Subject: Re: VEWRS Research Survey Reply - Further Down

Wow, seriously, thank you for taking the time to a) read those comments and
b) reply and answer them.

Very much appreciated. I'll copy your post into a new thread and front page
it, if you've got a reasonable sized logo, email it me and I'll throw that
on too.

Would also love to do an interview with AVA at some point, both in relation
to the survey and the motivation behind it (not acusatory, just to get your
side out) as well as other projects and interests the house has.

Thanks again for taking the time to add your comments, it is very much
appreciated.

-V.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merticus

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest News
Question Submission Invitation.
Posted by Vorsuc on 11 May 2006 04:19

The research folks over at the AVA are back to remind you the deadline for the completed and returned surveys is the 1st August 2006.

Not only that though, they are planning a follow-up survey and are inviting members of the vampire community to suggestion questions that could well be used in the survey.

The invitation is open to anyone and they are greatly encouraging support and involvement from outside. Here's the invitation :

Advanced Vampirism & Energy Work Research Survey
:: Question Submission Invitation ::

This letter serves as an open invitation to those wishing to submit questions for the follow-up survey to the original VEWRS; to be known as the Advanced Vampirism & Energy Work Research Survey aka "Part 2". We value the involvement of the entire vampire community in the creation of this survey prior to finalization of the editing process and subsequent review for an August 1, 2006 release. We welcome all questions both quantitative and qualitative; as the final study will utilize a quasi-experimental design with emphasis on case studies and scientific approach. The primary format is similar to that of the "Vampire & Energy Work Research Survey" but builds on the topics discussed in the first survey while bringing to light a new level of advanced discussion. Keep in mind that submitted questions will later be modified to fit specific models of survey and community participatory research. Due to ethical considerations, questions that require an answer that yields personally identifiable data will be prohibited. At present we have formed numerous questions divided into six focus topics. In particular we are seeking thought provoking questions that pertain to the following:

- 01 - Personal Lifestyle & Societal Involvement
- 02 - Advanced Energy Perception, Tools, & Techniques
- 03 - Unraveling The Complexity Of Definitions: Sanguine & Other Forms Of Vampirism
- 04 - Phenomenological Approach To The Spirituality & Philosophical Ideals Of Vampires
- 05 - Vampiric Folk Beliefs & Mythos In Relation To Modern Personal Vampirism
- 06 - Subcultural Interconnectivity With The Vampire Community

Questions may be submitted to either of the following locations.

research@atlantavampirealliance.com
Or...
www.atlantavampirealliance.com/forums

Forum: Research Center

Please note that no affiliation with the AVA is implied or suggested. Our research is independent and represents a non-biased view of the international vampire community.

Thank you for your assistance and support!
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really nice that so many ppl are being so kind as to post stuff for us and help us answer questions by posting answers etc. That just rocks.
Merticus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LilyRain
Posted at : 16 Aug 2006 18:31 [Reply]

You know, I actually just got finished completing both of those about a week or two ago. Alas, I have not yet turned them in due to the fact that I am waiting to go back over them and ensure that 1) I have completed them in full, answering all questions, etc., and 2) the answers I answered are really the answers I want to give, seeing as how I churned them out in two days on minimal sleep just because I wanted to get them done as quickly as possible.

Regardless, I found them highly interesting, and honestly look forward to the results. I really do think that it's worth it to do those surveys, even if you care not for the contribution (although I think it would be nice to have a collection of the beliefs of the not-freaks (in a bad way)), because the questions allow you to really explore your own beliefs and concepts in a way that most of us have not done before.

But... all rambles and (unintentional?) endorsement aside, that's my two cents.

-L

http://www.postawakening.com/

Last edited by Merticus on Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Merticus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK
Posted at : 17 Aug 2006 03:11 [Reply]

I have a slightly different outlook on it than Lily, but anyone who feels it's worth the time and effort, more power to you.

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Avatar image courtesy of Jo (http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/fox_stone)

Last edited by Merticus on Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Merticus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEITTI
Posted at : 26 Apr 2006 20:05 [Reply]

ah, so those questions were supposed to separate those people living in tales and those not.... wow, must say theyve really thought this thing out.

""""delve into the world of nightmares! visit the world of MEITTI's REALM!""""

Duvessa
Posted at : 30 Apr 2006 04:03 [Reply]

after filling it out, reviewing it, and picking through it with my 'researchers glasses' on...

it follows standard methods and procedures for conducting a research study.

i was very impressed with the way its being handled, the way it was written, and do encourage everyone to take part so that they can get an accurate and large sample size. that way their data is as represenatative of the community as possible.

they wont tell you what the survey is supposed to do exactly
it skews the way you answer questions.
if you actually read the survey it tells you goals etc. and helps you better understand whats going on.

if you were asked to fill out a survey on food preferences you'd encounter something similar.

KAT LV
Posted at : 1 May 2006 05:16 [Reply]

HHHHHMMM!! Ok, still not sure if I'm ok with it!!

Dance with me on the edge of life's shadows,if you dare!!

Life shits on all of us at times,but then we get over it!!

When you choose a path don't cry when it leads you over the edge!

Shake the shit off and tell the world to take a flying leap.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Vampirism & Energy Work Research Center All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: