An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Psi Vampirism...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maloryn
House Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't argue the logic in the potential for awakening, but if I understand your point, it has little to do with the point I was actually trying to make.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're arguing that the trauma leads to recognition of a genetic or genetically predisposed condition, generally through reflection.

My arguement is that trauma can create a condition similar to that of a pranic vampyre, without the necessary genetic predisposition.

As a random aside, I'm not making the point that this is how I became what I am, merely that this has been demonstrated to me as a means to the lifestyle and the need.

Ehran V

P.S. There are several differences between Sang and Psy, but that probably needs its own topic.
Merticus
Site Admin & Founding Member

Game Trophies:  1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My argument would be that the trauma you speak of more often than not causes a temporary symptom that is often misconstrued as being the condition of vampirism. Further, in other for true vampirism to exist a certain predisposition genetically must exist. Trauma can serve as a catalyst for an awakening, however, trauma is not the cause of a permanent vampiric condition IMHO.
cathmael

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone mentioned reiki?

Ok....here is my take on things...

Visualize the world as a smoke filled room, the smoke is energy. As we interact and move about in the world, we create eddies and changes in the smoke. In some areas the smoke is thinner or not there, in some areas it is stronger usually dictated by the number of beings in the area). The energy moves ehough us and around us, on a cycle of sorts. When we interact energy passes bertween us and it ripples farther than you think.

Now, every person has energy problems, not just vampires. I've worked on enough sleepers and awakened folks to know. People develop physical and karmic energy blocks that cause their own energy flow to become abbreviated or static. When I treat someone, I try to help the person deal with these by giving them energy to do what they need to do. Non-awakened folks can't pull in new energy easily and need help. Vampires seem to be able to stabilize themselves, albiet temporarily: hence the hunger.

I think it may be more of a case where these individuals are more cut off from their normal intake than other people, or they are using more energy than they can take in, and thus the vampirism occurs. They simply need to supplement their energy with ambient or personal energy to stabilize, but since demand outstrips supply, they must feed.
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. I like the smoke analogy.. It is easy to understand.

I do agree that more than just vamps have energy probs. Lots of folks get stagnated energy etc or need to clear a blockage, or even damage their aura or whatever...
cathmael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, strangely, the best models I have seen for an aura are very similar to a magnetic field (I mean, it's a working model, that occurs naturally...so it stands to
reason that it would be repeated) and those fields, shift and change over time
the same way our energies do as well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Psi-Vampirism All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: