Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
An Independent Vampire House

www.atlantavampirealliance.com

AlbumAlbum :: Portal :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register
Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in
GamesGames :: Event Calendar :: Research

Please help us to develop!

Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Therianthropy & Were
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

Do all therians have spirit guides?
Camazotz

Game Trophies:  14
Hall Of Fame Member
View My Character

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... not a question that I can answer for anyone but my own self. The only guides that I have are those from practising reiki, haven't really had any relating to therianthropy, vampirism or occult practise.

Curious though as to others' experiences with this,

Cama
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.. but I don't think we have many therians running about these forums, LOL.
TheWisp

Game Trophies:  1
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one therian I've had personal contact with did, but, then again, he was involved in some shamanic practices and believed that everyone did, whether or not they were aware of it.

Interestingly, some of the ones I've spoken to over the net have been really, really quick to point out that they don't - I guess the idea is that people often confuse therianthropy with totemism and they want to make sure there's a distinction.
Auras

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe "Spirit Guides" is something more associated with shamanism than therianthropy. Therianthropy is the belief that part or all of your soul is animal. Some misguided people believe therians merely have spirit animals, or perhaps totem animals, which they adapt characteristics of.
Xaphaniel

Game Trophies:  5
Hall Of Fame Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on that point Eclecta i would say that anyone who is spirutal is more than likely got at least on spirit guide this can be in the form of the animal or in even the form of a past human type spirit or other its how you veiw them and then how they want to be seen to you. i would take an animal guide to be diffrent though even in essance of being therian someone may have the same type of animal as a guide but it can also be seen that they are being guided further on there path as that type of therian

alot of shamanic work does revolve around therians shammanism is as i know it one of the older types of systems one that all cultures had at one point or another and being so conected to the spirit world i would say that there would have been a good number of them as shifters as its one of the aimed practises

this is only my own opinion on what i have read but would be intresting ot hear other veiws on it

Xaph
Eclecta
Founding Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got a few shamans running around here.. maybe they will chime in sometime...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Index -> Therianthropy & Were All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: