» Here's an odd one for ya:
by DRIST on Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:58 pm

» IMAGE Film & Video Center Workshops
by RedRaven on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:50 pm

» Black Oaks Savannah - 2008 Schedule
by Merticus on Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:10 pm

» TWILIGHT II - Atlanta, GA - March 7-9, 2008
by Merticus on Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:18 pm

» Has anyones vampirism been physically caused by another?
by Andarael on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:21 pm

» My thoughts on food
by Andarael on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:56 pm

» Favorite Greek Myth
by figment on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:03 pm

» New Years
by SoulSplat on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:16 am

» Vampiric Timeline
by SoulSplat on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 pm

» DEC Vampiric EVENTS
by SoulSplat on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:51 am

Links
Sanguinarius
SphynxCat
The Coven Organization
The Vampire Church
House Eclipse
Sanguinox
House Kheperu
Smoke & Mirrors
Announcement: Frequently Asked Questions [AVA]
Posted: Eclecta @ Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:56 pm
House [AVA] FAQ v1.0

1. Is the [AVA] an actual modern vampire house or a role-playing group?

A: The [AVA] is a local Atlanta based vampire 'House' but not in the mold of traditional Houses that promote social hierarchy and exclusionist practices. We are NOT a role-playing group and will not suffer such perversion of our beliefs. We are an alliance of like-minded individuals from sanguine, psi, energy work, and spiritual backgrounds who care for both the greater and local vampire community.

2. How is the [AVA] different from other such organizations?

A. We promote a non-hostile environment for our members. [AVA] also encourages those not generally accustomed to the community atmosphere to feel comfortable joining our alliance through serious dialog and continuing education.

3. Are non-vampires allowed to join and participate in [AVA] activities?

A. Non-Vampires, General Energy Workers, or Otherkin are permitted to join on a limited and very selective basis. Established Community members outside the geographic region of Georgia / Atlanta USA are encouraged to join as Associates. Depending on the event (most private functions excluded) mundanes, energy workers, and otherkin may be allowed to participate.

4. Does the [AVA] hold meetings and organize events in the Atlanta, GA area?

A. Yes, we hold meetings and selectively sponsor events in a variety of different formats. The [AVA] strives to encourage participation in a variety of dignified social and cultural events not exclusively limited to concerts, clubs, or parties. Atlanta enjoys an active community base and we hope to see this continue to grow into the future.

5. Do you consider the [AVA] to be a religious or occult organization.

A. We are neither a religious nor an occult entity. Our members come from all paths and we encourage individuality and diversity amongst ourselves.

6. Do you follow a particular teaching or vampirism code of ethics?

A. Aside from the Black Veil and general scene ethics, we do not directly affiliate ourselves with other Houses nor their particular form of teaching or belief system. We believe that each must find their own path and therefore present a diverse range of teachings and articles relating to vampirism and energy work.

7. Why use the spelling of Vampire rather than Vampyre?

A. Some of our members prefer the spelling inclusive of the "y", however, in the interest of historical accuracy and to distinguish ourselves as true practitioners of living or modern vampirism we choose to use the "i".

8. If I join the [AVA] will I be connected with a donor or vice versa?

A. Although we may at any given time have donors who are part of the [AVA], we do not participate in an active donor / vampire matching service nor a universal donor of the House arrangement. Such issues should be discussed in private between two interested parties and the necessary tests and forms completed where applicable.

9. Who is allowed to join and post to the forums section?

A. Mature individuals of all backgrounds willing to contribute to the forum are allowed to register. Please note that being a member of the forums does not constitute being a formal House member of the [AVA].

10. What is a vampire?

A. A vampire is a human who is awakened and bears a commonality with other like kind by having an energy deficiency that requires them to seek an outside source of energy or prana in order to maintain a healthy homeostasis. Vampires are not turned, made, immortal, deathly allergic to sunlight, garlic, crosses, etc. For the most part we blend in with the rest of society and attempt to maintain a balance between what we need and what we take. We are not evil, violent, psychologically unstable, nor lacking of either morals or ethics.

(c) 2005 - 2007; Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]

Comments: 0 :: View Comments (Post your comment)

Welcome Guest

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 am