AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2019, 05:50:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Christianity | Christian Mysticism | Enochian | Gnosticism | Hermeticism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  My View On Christianity 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My View On Christianity  (Read 3818 times)
SophieAnn
Level 1 Contributor

« on: February 24, 2009, 12:33:15 pm »

Hi.

I have read the previous thread this with much interest. Although I am not a Christian, I did explore this for many years. I opened to a belief that was set in love, and encouraged others to open their hearts to treat neighbours, and strangers as friends.

My complaint with Christianity is of course not with the individauls who support it. Some are very liberal and have found a peace within themselves, whilst others cannot be satisfied until they have resumed a recruiting regeime. I agree with the idea that not everyone can be tarnished with the same brush. So when I speak about Chrisitanity, I do so as a whole, not as against the individuals who support it.

One group i attended (to assist with a homeless couple who had stumbled to my landady of my own lodgings) even went to great lengths to perform an excorcism on me, quite without warning after asking if I would like any help from them. More shocking was this since no mention of vampiricism was involved - they just felt that I must be living in some kind of evil state since my soul gender is female and my body was male.

My first political complaint with Chrisitanity as a religion is the hyprocracy. We see time after time after time the Church celebrating leaders who have led countries into war to take lives, yet the same leaders find passages in the Bible to prevent others from finding love. (Some states in America make adultary illegal, even when a person can't afford a divorce, and most will not allow nor recognise homosexual marriage.)

Following on from this, reading deeper into the Bible I am struck by how Adam was formed in the image of God, and then Eve was taken from Adam after. This would mean that God would pertain to both male AND femaleness, unlike the images that were later constructed. Such forms of hermaprodicsm and transgendered far from being a 'mistake' of God as those against will often say, is actually closer to the original archetype.

Following the story, Eve was instructed to follow Adam in every request; to be domestic. There are stories that there was first a Lilith who objected and became the first demonic vampyre. Most followers of Christianity will argue that for a person to break away from God's instruction to be immoral, others will look upon her as the first fighter for women's lib!.

Of course other Christians do not even believe the Adam and Eve story as such and believe it to be more symbolic of generations of growth and knowledge. I personally struggle with the idea that Adam and Eve were the only archtypes simply because I cannot see how the gene pool would be large enough to create the human race!

Then we have the chapters of Laviticus, where it was deemed illegal for men to shave their beards, and women could be killed for adultary unless they were prostitutes and then just severely punnished to name only but a few of the somewhat more bizarre instructions.

I think what upsets me most about modern day Christianity is that whilst it paints a picture whither than white, it seems to have forgotten its history. I take the point which has been made that there are those who believe in Christianity who would not for a second agree with the burning of books and again I point I am referring to the church as a political organisation. However, I think that every belief needs to take into account its own history in order to grow.  The masacres, the burning of books, and much more recently the concealment of sexual abuse occurs profoundly within the church. Yet a book I recently got handed by a preacher upon the subject of paganism and witches (when I spoke of the need of us all coming together) warns of a link between witchcraft and child sexual abuse and how much peace others had found by turning to Christianity. Whilst I know many Christians may disagree with this stance of the church, it really illustrated to me how the church as an organisation seems to have a really short memory and thus creates a distorted picture - a picture they paint with the eye to lead others.

Jung (psychirist who broke with Sigmund Freud since he wanted to concentrate on symbols and not drives) described the problems of the church as being so focused upon light, that our own inner darkness was left to be projected out upon others. In order to avoid thinking we have wronged, we then seek to extinguish that within the other, not realising that it is unconsciously [outside our awareness] actually a part of ourselves simply being projected. These projections, he wrote, then result in conflicts.

My aim here is not to examine Jung's work, but more to indicate what I see as the shortfallings of Christianity. Living in Britian, I know we are a Christian country, yet we have also declared war upon other nations. Individuals (such as myself) seem to be ridiculed for what we are, or believe, yet also the Bible teaches about the pureness of unconditional love. I really struggle with those who claim they have friendships with those around them, yet in their hearts believe he or she is going to Eternal Hell.

And should I become a Christian, that is exactly where I am going because I refuse to say sorry for a 'sin' I intend to keep committing. I enjoy my fetish groups, and see many people laughing and having fun. I do not see why having more than one partner is wrong, if those involved are fully consensual. I do not see why Jesus needs to have only that name spoken in that way when we are also told God is in everything.

I do not see there is anything wrong with harbouring a demon, providing that demon does no harm to those around it. I believe in existance in many forms, which being christian would have to follow there are only angels and stuck human spirits, anything else has been sent by Lucifier.

For me to become Christian, it would matter little whether or not I spent my life in love or hate - either way I would be condemned by a perfect being intent on juding me for doing what I thought right and benefiical to those around me, rather than keeping quiet and following as a sheep and the status quo.

To those who say "God made me this way" I am more than happy to agree. And that is why I cannot be Christian.

Much love and blessings
Sophie
xxxxxxx

ps: I am happy for any Christians (as well as non Christians) to answer this - I respect all beliefs and often find quality learning in a good debate.
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:26:33 pm »

My view on Christianity? Spiritually.. I'd have to say that it leaves much to be desired, yet hints at these things in spite of being in detail about the Angels and Heaven and Demons and Hell.

Then comes the part I hate the most, morally... its BS and hypocrisy-embodied. I don't like the fact how Christianity tries to dominate every part of one's life as I witnessed first-hand with one of my friends much to my dismay. Not to mention its basically trying to "take over" the world as the ONE and ONLY religion, ya know? Man, I hate that because its trying to wipe out native beliefs and what they know of the spirit world.

I'm pleased to say that I believe that the high-echelon folks of this religion, namely the popes and priests, are finally getting their comeuppance due to all those sex scandals ya see on the news, and in turn are opening alot of people's eyes to the apparent hypocrism the religion spawned.

But hey, in spite all of what I said, I'm fine with other Christians.. as long as they don't try to convert me. They're an okay bunch, kind of conservative but.. I've yet to verify the rumors of the "naughty Christian girl" image in real life.
MaxDarknessOfNight
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 12:36:43 am »

My view on Christianity? Spiritually.. I'd have to say that it leaves much to be desired, yet hints at these things in spite of being in detail about the Angels and Heaven and Demons and Hell.

Then comes the part I hate the most, morally... its BS and hypocrisy-embodied. I don't like the fact how Christianity tries to dominate every part of one's life as I witnessed first-hand with one of my friends much to my dismay. Not to mention its basically trying to "take over" the world as the ONE and ONLY religion, ya know? Man, I hate that because its trying to wipe out native beliefs and what they know of the spirit world.

I'm pleased to say that I believe that the high-echelon folks of this religion, namely the popes and priests, are finally getting their comeuppance due to all those sex scandals ya see on the news, and in turn are opening alot of people's eyes to the apparent hypocrism the religion spawned.

But hey, in spite all of what I said, I'm fine with other Christians.. as long as they don't try to convert me. They're an okay bunch, kind of conservative but.. I've yet to verify the rumors of the "naughty Christian girl" image in real life.

Trust me, I have seen it. I am a Christian myself and I have seen it. I know someone who is a daughter of a Priest and she is nothing short of innocent.

You Need Death In Order To Live. Deal with it.
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 01:54:08 pm »

Heh, nice.
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »

I couldn't agree more with you on that aspect.  Christians might be (some) nice people, but I've said it before & I'll say it again:  Christian love is like Minnesota nice.  Whatever their "upstanding" ideas are, they fall short when dealing with others & then pussy-foot around playing the "free will" game to make excuses for the things we think their God didn't follow up on.  What a bunch of excuse-makers.  Either God is all-powerful, or He isn't.  And who the heck would worship a god that needs them to defend it?

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: