AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:28:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Therianthropy & Were (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Therian Blood Lusts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Therian Blood Lusts  (Read 21437 times)
Danielle
Level 2 Contributor

« on: February 24, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »

Being part wolf I experience the same urges as a wolf would, and on occasion one of those urges is the one for fresh meat and warm blood. Sometimes this urge can be extremely overwhelming and can be hard to supress, but the best way i find to over come this urge is to make sure that I eat blood rare steak on a regular basis, this usualy stops the urge before it has the chance to get out of hand, but sometimes even that isnt enough. Now i've never been to the point where it was so bad that I did something I wouldve regreted but I may have just been lucky so far. I consider myslef a strongly willed person and I can usually keep myself undercontrol but I dont want to hurt anybody, so If anyone has any suggestions as to what i could do to prevent these blood lusts Id be grateful for the assistance.

The strength of the wolf is the pack. The strength of the pack is the wolf.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:10:22 PM »

Therian cravings for meat aren't anything like vampiric blood cravings, and they certainly aren't going to drive anyone out of control.  If you're having serious cravings for blood like that, I would point more at sanguinarian vampirism, not therianthropy.  (It's certainly possible to be both).

As for dealing with cravings for meat...eat meat.  <lol>
I know I don't feel full unless I've eaten at least some meat in a day--even if I'm stuffed, I still feel naggingly hungry.  This isn't a trait shared by all predatory therians, but I've heard of it fairly often.  Since wolves don't preferentially eat humans, this really isn't much of an issue (another way to distinguish vampirism from being a wolf therian--now, big cats are a different story--they do instinctively see humans as prey...lol).

Humans do not smell good, and I don't imagine they would taste very good either.  ^_^
I find red meats do the trick best, but poultry and pork are fine too, and even fish will settle that meat craving.  Interestingly, I have not found that peanut butter, tofu, beans, or other protein sources work.

The desire to bite and attack can be confused with a craving for meat, but it's not really.  That's just caused by stress.  Take some time to yourself and get out into nature once in a while.  Some folks recommend getting a chew toy.  ^_^

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:02:15 PM »

yes it's very possible that your a hybrid but make sure first before you start saying things and yes i would suggest a chew toy i love chewing on things and i would love to have one as well

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »

I would add that I don't identify as a therian-anything, and I still find a good amount of stress relief from chewing on my pencils, pens, pen caps, straws, edges of styrofoam or plastic cups, gummi bears, etc etc.   Grin
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »

you raise an interesting point

Meja yht mad meja.
Sunshine1626
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 04:30:35 AM »

Many people use chewing on various items for stress relief or to cure boredom. Freud would call it an oral fixation *rolls eyes*
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 08:48:53 AM »

ah, freud, where would we be without you....
Mystere
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 02:41:01 PM »

WingedWolf, actually, blood-specific cravings (except for in established, fully-Awakened sanguinarians) are extremely rare in vampyres in my knowledge. If present, it's a subconscious association with the blood carrying the energy needed. As a wolf, though, I could understand the craving as a desire for the taste of a fresh kill. Maybe if you got into hunting?

I associate any blood or meat cravings with one of my theriotypes, usually feline, since I'm a tantric psi vampyre and don't get much use from blood. The idea of a chew toy amuses me, but I see the logic. I've noticed the cat im me likes catnip, too. =^.^= Maybe one of those rawhide chewy sticks? They're probably just as edible for humans as they are for dogs. Or maybe some tough jerky would work.

When I speak, "vampyre" = real vamp, like me, but "vampire" = creature of myth.

May the blessings of Night be upon you, and through the Darkness, may you see clearly.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 03:19:20 PM »

Blood cravings are universal in sanguinarian vampires, period--I'm not sure how that could possibly translate to 'extremely rare'.  I wouldn't expect them to show up more than rarely in psy-vamps.  But, I did specify sang vampires.
Yes, we can crave hunting, and raw meat, etc.  But it's not so specifically focused on blood, more on 'juicy meat'. lol

I like Oberto beef jerky--the natural style jerky, not the tenderized or pressed and formed kinds.  You can really chew on that stuff.  Rawhide is flavorless, and gets slimy as it softens. lol

--Winged Wolf
Mystere
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 11:25:50 AM »

Having spoken to and addressed the issue of blood-specific cravings with many sanguinarians on the Realm and other sites, Psion, I have to say that your statement is wrong. There is the craving for the energy that is present in the blood, but a blood-specific craving is not vampyric and is hardly universal. (Otherwise, you could likely classify every sang out there as a blood fetishist as well, which is not the case.) There may be some that Awaken with a craving for the blood because their system and mind have already made the connection between blood and energy (and that that's the source their bodies need), but this is extremely rare. The only ones I know that have blood cravings are those who have made a concrete psychological link with the blood and energy such that their craving is for the taste of the blood when they are Hungry. >geek< I spend way too much time on this stuff.

May the blessings of Night be upon you, and through the Darkness, may you see clearly.
Oculus
Level 2 Contributor

They are coming.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 03:14:56 AM »

I definitely have urges like this, not to kill, but rather stalking deer or elk. I also have spontaneous urges to run lol, something about it just feels perfect. Although, its definitely the urge to bite that is the strongest.

I was here at the start. I will be here at the end.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 09:27:39 AM »

That happened to me like a month ago i was smokin a cig out my window  and  i saw a deer in my neighbor's yard and i had a strong urge to jump out of my window and chase it.

Meja yht mad meja.
Vyrus
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 12:49:53 PM »

I find myself attracted to the thought of stalkiong animals as prey, and i also chew on things to relieve stress and desire. I also have deep, animalistic urges and instincts, but i don't quite know what i am exactly. i enjoy animalistic desires and strengths, like a wolf but i also have a keen, intellectual mind like a Vampyre. I find strength in numbers, but also like to travel alone. I don't know if i am a mix or not (or anything for that matter) but i can understand the urges becausae i have the desires of both.

Blind the masses with lies of peace, then deafen them with the symphony of war.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 04:40:06 AM »

Mystere, I have NEVER spoken with a sanguinarian vampire who did not crave blood.  Not like 'gee I would like some chocolate cake' craving, but down on the floor clawing at the carpet gut-wrenching craving that is referred to as bloodrage, or the cutesy term 'twoofing'.

The reason they are called sanguinarians is because they need blood.  If they only needed energy, they would be psy-vamps, not sang vamps.  I have studied this extensively for nearly two decades.  Sanguinarian vampires cannot substitute energy for blood.  Energy alone, no matter HOW skilled the vamp taking it is, is not enough to meet their needs.  It can stave off cravings a bit and improve health to some degree, but eventually they need to feed on blood.

This is not psychological.  On a metaphysical level, it is very clear that their system is lacking something even when they take in every energy type that it's possible to take directly from another person.

Therians simply do not experience that type of blood craving.  A therians craving for blood/meat is more like a craving for chocolate cake.  A sang craving for blood can literally bring them to their knees sometimes.

--Winged Wolf
Mystere
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »

I'm not saying that the sangs don't need to take in blood to feed and satisfy the Hunger, but I am saying it's not physically the blood they need, but the prana/energy inside the blood. I know they need to have the blood, but as a medium for taking in the prana - the only effective way their bodies can process it. ::nods:: I understand this, and I think I've actually run into you on the Realm, in which case, you have spoken to vampyres who don't crave specifically blood. What I'm saying is that the craving isn't specifically for the blood. The craving is for the energy in the necessary medium, blood.

My argument for the psychological connection of craving = blood is the fact that it is EXCEEDINGLY rare for newly Awakening vampyres to crave blood specifically. That's the main reason that the craving symptom is most often stated as an unidentified/unidentifiable craving. It is only after the sanguinarian has fed upon live, prana-rich blood that the connection is made to blood that the craving can be blood-specific. (I'm wondering if my phrasing may have been leading to misunderstanding....)

And, hand to the Goddess, I understand the craving you mean, even as a psionic. I'm rather limited in the energy I can take that's useful, so I vamp out regularly.

But anyway, we're getting extremely off-topic here. ^.^

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: