AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:19:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Mixed | Hybrid | Shifter | Other (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Is It Possible? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Is It Possible?  (Read 32044 times)
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 05:27:58 AM »

Is there something you'd like to say?
jayant ratna
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 08:35:26 AM »

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 11:17:09 AM »

about therians?, yes, they can take a lot of gravity shift, maybe like five g's. 5g is equivalent to five times the pull of gravity. A sudden change from '0' to '5', is termed as a gravity shift. I would think therian's understand a thing or two about g-force. Gravity is just a force that we all deal with, when would have to move. You can think about a therian in a G-force simulator.and perhaps generate some data.I mean data about co-axial gravity and etc.and how that would effect Therians.

How sad, because a human can take around 7-8gs before blacking out (10 in a flight suit).  I didnt realize therians were so delicate.

Jayant, someone needs to save you from yourself.  You may have some ideas that are important to you, but you have no seeming grasp on reality or how to have a relevant conversation on topic.  I am not sure if you are ill, or just have no idea how to talk to people in a functional manner.

You are not helping yourself by spouting such nonsense.  You are not helping anyone here.  You simply are coming off like a loon.  Whats the deal?  Are you posting drunk?

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »

about therians?, yes, they can take a lot of gravity shift, maybe like five g's. 5g is equivalent to five times the pull of gravity. A sudden change from '0' to '5', is termed as a gravity shift. I would think therian's understand a thing or two about g-force. Gravity is just a force that we all deal with, when would have to move. You can think about a therian in a G-force simulator.and perhaps generate some data.I mean data about co-axial gravity and etc.and how that would effect Therians.

and what does that have to do with anything anyway. that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Pshifts or anything we were attempting to discuss earlier..
display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 06:30:58 PM »

Ummm.....
    W T F ?
jayant ratna
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:47 PM »

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 01:29:23 AM »

How sad, because a human can take around 7-8gs before blacking out (10 in a flight suit).  I didnt realize therians were so delicate.

Jayant, someone needs to save you from yourself.  You may have some ideas that are important to you, but you have no seeming grasp on reality or how to have a relevant conversation on topic.  I am not sure if you are ill, or just have no idea how to talk to people in a functional manner.

You are not helping yourself by spouting such nonsense.  You are not helping anyone here.  You simply are coming off like a loon.  Whats the deal?  Are you posting drunk?

paratrooper jump   ---------      aircraft travelling at a speed of 800kmph -------   3-4g
paratrooper jump   ---------      aircraft travelling at a speed of 900kmph -------    4g
paratrooper jump   ---------      aircraft travelling at a speed of 1100kmph------     its difficult.
paratrooper jump   ---------      aircraft travelling at a speed of 1400kmph------    8g, in difficult conditions you can jump.
paratrooper jump   ---------      aircraft travelling at a speed of 1800kmph------    9g or 14g based on typical mindset of the person.
paratrooperjump by a were::: aircraft travelling at a speed of 1000kmph -----    14g --- here he is equivalent to a psion.

maybe data such as can help us better understand.

Um.. WTF?   So.. you somehow think therians can fly I guess.. and go psion?  Woah.. you know.. dragon ball z is just a cartoon, right?

oh dear, jayant... I think you either like the abuse.. or just cant really think properly.

do you just make this all up as you go?

1.. a body in free fall experiences 1g -assumming reasonably close to sea level
2.. most of the speeds you listed are supersonic.. um.. no jumping out of planes I know at those speeds.. the turbulences would likely rip a person apart.  There are a few groups trying to break the sound barrier in a free fall jump by starting at ultra high altitudes.. but thats it.
3... ah hell.. I could pick your posts apart for a while regarding known science.. but dude..

Paindancer
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »

Sure, it could help us better understand, if it was indeed fact. Where does your "data" come from?

you know.. dragon ball z is just a cartoon, right?

I was holding off on saying that :p

(sorry for all the links)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-force
The g-force acting on an object in any weightless environment such as free-fall in a vacuum is 0 g.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/weight/ - this is just interesting and may provide a little extra insite.

http://www.universetoday.com/34824/force-of-gravity/

bah, just google search "force of gravity" or something
jayant ratna
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »

Sure, it could help us better understand, if it was indeed fact. Where does your "data" come from?

you know.. dragon ball z is just a cartoon, right?

I was holding off on saying that :p

(sorry for all the links)
The g-force acting on an object in any weightless environment such as free-fall in a vacuum is 0 g.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/weight/ - this is just interesting and may provide a little extra insite.

http://www.universetoday.com/34824/force-of-gravity/

bah, just google search "force of gravity" or something

yeah, i did use a lot of fluff, in my talk, and there wasn't any need as such.

Well Jayant, I am looking forward to seeing what you have to say, and what questions you might pose, without the attempts at impressing us.  Keep it real and you will be fine.  Maybe you have some really interesting theories in there, but this group really does base a lot of our interpretations on basic science.. its a decent foundation to start with after all albeit not perfect.

If you find yourself needing to make up a lot of terms or rules out of imagination, we are going to mark it up as fantasy pretty quickly.  We are not pretending here and have little tolerance for such. 

Paindancer
display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 03:02:23 PM »

Well said PD.

Jay .. Just chalk it up as a learning experience.. This group will chew you up real fast as you seen.  Welcome to the site btw..
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 10:54:58 AM »

Doh'  Technically, the body in freefall is accelerating under a gravitational force of 1g.. but it itself is is experiencing no force as there is nothing impeding that acceleration.  My sloppiness stands corrected.

Paindancer
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »

Cheesy i sowwies :p
jayant ratna
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 11:42:23 AM »

The Sentinel
Level 4 Contributor

The Thread Zombie

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2010, 09:21:02 PM »

Within the therian race or species I myself have always wondered if it was possible for a therian to be multiple animals, i have come across the term panwere in my studies but i dont think this is scientifc term, but rather a fictional title. Personally I think it is an occuring situation, but I'd like to see other peoples views or ideas on this.

Having not bothered to read most of the thread (tl;dr) I think I will toss in my two cents. It's my understanding that therianthropy is being very intimately connected to a particular animal to the point where you may exhibit traits of that animal (correct me if I'm wrong, guys, I'm just going by what I've read and what I am coming to understand of myself!). That said, I believe that just as it is possible and almost probable that a person will have more than one animal totem at various points in their lives, one may have that deep spiritual connection to more than one animal. Though I don't believe that a therian will gain or lose that connection at any point since it's more than just a totemic affiliation.

A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.
-- Alexander Pope, Unknown , 1688-1744

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
-- Heinlein's Razor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: