AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2022, 11:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Mixed | Hybrid | Shifter | Other (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Therian Shifting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Therian Shifting  (Read 13138 times)
Danielle
Level 2 Contributor

« on: February 24, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »

As a therianthrope i experience a change in my personality, actions, and the way i process thoughts, emotions, ideas and the such. I would call this a shift of some kind or another, I look at it as a shift in my soul. Because I have both human qualities and wolf qualities when i shift its like i go from being human to being a wolf or vice versa. Sometimes I can control this and shift when ever i want to, and then other times it just happens. Most of the time I am forced to shift when I experience severe changes in my emotions, like when extremely angered, or in a lot of pain either physically or emotionally. But the phases of the moon do affect me. When the moon is full I have a higher energy level, I'm more happy and not as withdrawn, but as the moon begins to wane i become more and more iritable and more depressed/withdrawn from the world, and then as the moon begins to wax again i get more cheerful and more active. This could just be a co-incidence but its always the same. When "human" I act like a regular person, think with long chains of thought and ideas just like people do, and react to situations just as a human should, and as a wolf its not like i get down on all four and run around, but i do have the insticts to hunt, to run with a pack, to be the alpha female
and i think with images and emotion rather than thoughts, as well as I see people not as superiors but as a flock of sheep or herd of animals, in fact its rather humerous because when in that frame of mind its easy to see the stupidity of man. But the best part is because I'm neither one nor the other but both human and wolf combined I have the ability to have all the aspects I explained to you above all mixed together at once, but then also the ability to choose to be just wolf or human. It is rather complicated to explain but I have tried my best.

Please feel free to ask questions, share your feelings or just comment.

The strength of the wolf is the pack. The strength of the pack is the wolf.
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:05:26 PM »

That's pretty awesome. I've heard from some of my friends they experience the same sort of thing, only differently. But I'll respect their privacy and not divulge their personal details. Sorry.
Danielle
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:39:32 PM »

That is perfectly understandable and completly respectful. But thank you for the comment.

The strength of the wolf is the pack. The strength of the pack is the wolf.
diss
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 10:14:19 PM »

nice post Smiley

i like your description of shifting, it is very close to how i experience my own shifts to my dragonform. i too tend to shift under the influence of strong emotions, and have distinctly different (and more "animal") ways of thinking and feeling when i'm in dragonform. today i am very glad to have these extra kinds of thinking and being, but there were some scary times before i learned how to deal with this where i found myself "stuck" in dragonform and incapable of speaking.

it's nice to see posts by people with similar experiences to mine Smiley
blackskull0123
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:50:32 AM »

I have been told that im a were tiger.But i cant go into that side of me so im looking for another weretiger who could help me...
ClayCat
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 01:33:35 AM »

You've been told you were a weretiger...by whom? And what is your own opinion about that?
hexmoon3
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 01:37:51 AM »

Blackskull...in my opinion it's best to look into yourself to find out who or what you are rather than to have people tell you. People do not know YOU. Only you can discover yourself.

---<---(@Hex@)--->---
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 10:27:50 PM »

I've felt a lot of those same things, being therian-wolf as well. Cool to know I'm not the onle one.

Do you get really hungry during the 2-3 days leading up to, during, and immediately after the full moon? I sure so. I also sleep less.

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
ClayCat
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 08:02:51 PM »

I don't seem to be affected by the moon cycles as much as environmental stimuli. I probably should watch fewer shows on Animal Planet because that really makes me hungry  Tongue
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »

I guess I should elaborate... (I should also try and be online here more often)

In the 2-3 days leading up to a full moon, I have more energy. I require little sleep, tend to be quite hyper, and am quite hungry all the time. In the days after the full moon, all this slacks off, and by the new moon I'm the complete opposite. I eat maybe once per day, sleep 15 hours or more, and am generally sluggish and tired. Also, I get intense chocolate cravings during both moons, but not on the quarter moons.

Other symptoms I have, which may or may not be related to being wolf/ otherkin in general:
During the first and last quarter moon phases, I'm more likely to get migraines.
I tend to not only be lethargic during the new moon, but somewhat depressed and even irritable as well.
My sexual drive skyrockets during the week immediately after the first quarter moon and leading up to the full moon. My husband sees this as a blessing and a curse.
So does my psi-vampiric need for energy. It's a good thing, since I try to be a sexual vampire. My husband is my willing donor.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else?

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
hexmoon3
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 09:40:14 PM »

The moon has an effect on everyone...not just therians...I myself am quit active during the full moon.

---<---(@Hex@)--->---
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »

my experience as a therian-wolf is pretty much the same sadly the only time i've been able to completly shiift into a wolf is when im asleep personaly i think it's some kind projection that i have no recognition of. as far as "shifting" while i'm awake i'ts pretty much the same as how you have described your experience.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
MadHouseMauly
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »

it's nice to see posts by people with similar experiences to mine Smiley

very much agreed
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 04:04:39 AM »

Hey, childofthespiral, that actually does sound a bit familiar.  Also, my husband is my willing donor & doesn't seem affected by my draining of his energy like others that I've engaged with in that way. 

To address the actual post, though, I must say I become irritable & predatory if I don't "feed" somehow (if husband isn't around, that's a drag).  I identify with the wolf spirit although I consider myself a psi & often find that I become more assertive & tend to economize during a full moon, though I may not actually know what the moon phase is consciously.  I've noticed a big confidence boost & clarity of mind & then happened to see that the full moon is shining brightly, it may even be behind some cloud cover, but it's been visible during these episodes of sharpness.  I don't know what to make of it.  But I do know how to capitalize on it!

What I don't like about the shifting mindset is that sometimes even though I think I know what's best, society at large may not agree!  It really IS easy to see the stupidity of man when your motivations are entirely set apart from those of humans!

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »

I thought I mentioned this before, but o well --

I personally dont shift therian; I simply am. I view it, literally, as a raccoon playing human. The other aspects of me have been known to shift, sure.

Automotive Necromancer
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: