AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2022, 06:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Tips To Help With Donating 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tips To Help With Donating  (Read 4394 times)
Giselle
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »

My recommendation as a psion is that a donor ought to have a glass of orange juice (or something else with a sugar and potassium boost) on hand to consume right before or afterward.
A healthy snack isn't a bad idea. If doing a blood donation, take a page from the Red Cross, and have a beverage and snack on hand.

I haven't found donating to be particularly traumatic, personally, nor do I need anything specific afterward, except for some neosporin and a bandage.

By WingedWolfPsion

A few minor tips:

For sang donors:

Make sure you're nice and warm, and the area where you'll be donating is nice and warm too. A hot bath or shower beforehand isn't a bad idea. Capillaries constrict when exposed to cold, and dilate when warm, so this will improve blood flow.

Don't overdo the alcohol. This is just a really bad idea when people are wielding pointy objects.

Relax. If people are nervous, turn on the TV and find something cool to watch. This will tend to make both vamp and donor a bit more comfortable, as they aren't forced to stare at each other and wonder what the other is thinking.

For psy donors:

Clear/clean your energy field in advance, center, do whatever you usually do to raise your personal energy levels, and make sure your field is stable.

Have orange juice or something with potassium such as a banana on hand to eat/drink.

Make sure you are well-rested, aren't contracting or suffering from any viral or bacterial infections, and haven't just done something psychically strenuous beforehand.

Know your own limits--learn to recognize warning signs that your energy level is dropping too low, and call a halt to a feeding if necessary.

By Our Own
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 02:34:05 PM »

Great advice;)

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:21 AM »

I find it funny when eveyone always suggests bananas for potassium. Bananas don't even have that much to begin with not to mention it's like the only thing that's even in bananas. Oranges though actually have way more more potassium than bananas along with all the other vitamins they have. 

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Aurora Belladonna
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »

Good Tips.
I am currently a donor on a temporary basis, and it is definitely a good idea to have some O.J on hand, or a snack.

May the shadows hold you gently.
Aurora Belladonna
CoyoteHolistic@yahoo.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: