AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Why You Should NOT Let Your Vamp Bite You! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why You Should NOT Let Your Vamp Bite You!  (Read 7834 times)
Giselle
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:28:57 PM »

By providing the following information, I want to help vampires and donors to understand why it is NOT a good thing to bite. Love nips is not what I am talking about here. It is the breaking of the skin to get a donation.

10-15% of human bites become infected. Most of the time, the person with the bite delays getting medical attention because of the anaerobes germs. Anaerobes germs are germs that grow in an area where there isn't oxygen. When you bite someone hard enough to break the skin you push the germs in your spit, down into the skin where oxygen cannot reach. Spit (saliva) contians 100,000,000 germs per ml, representing over 190 different types: hepatits B, hepatits C, herpes virus, syphilis, tuberculosis, and tetanus to name a few. HIV also can be transfered this way, but it is extremely rare.

Most bites can be treated with an antibiotics taken at home, but a few are so infected that you must be admitted to a hospital for IV antidiotics. You may also have to have the bite debride. Which means cutting the dead, rottening skin away from the healthy tissuse.

So PLEASE reframe from letting your vamp bite you so hard it breaks the skin. If the vamp insits, you be the bigger person and keep yourself from harm. Learn the signs of infection and seek medical help imedately. Trust me we have heard it all and seen it all. We are just interested in getting you better.

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic1033. ... troduction
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:42:38 PM »

The subject of this topic makes me sad.  Embarrassed

... though I cannot disagree with its message.

---Mal
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:27:15 PM »

ya, it is a shame that we're naturally such filthy animals....

...and no im not talking about bedside manner this time =p

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
Divinities Creature
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »

I think this is very good information to be passing around. I have a Vampirism group in a Wiccan community and even there I witness sooo many self-proclaimed "kin" (I get the feeling most of them are lifestylers, but still) talk about biting. It is also prevalent in the BDSM communites. I can't help but wonder why so many people don't get the feeling that maybe biting is not such a good idea, maybe it is just me. Anyhow, the topic of this discussion should become common knowledge especially since there is such a prevalence of a lack of common sense in many individuals.

"Though my soul lies in darkness,
It will rise again in light,
I have loved the stars too fondly,
To be fearful of the night."
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 04:54:24 AM »

ya, it is a shame that we're naturally such filthy animals....

...and no im not talking about bedside manner this time =p

It's not so much that as we need the bacteria in our mouths for the most part to start digesting our food, and fight off any other bug that isn't native to our mouths environment and keep it from harming us. It'd be like taking our beneficial e. coli bacteria in our intestines and thinking we can inject it under our skin without harm. 

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
S
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »

Also, biting hurts quite a bit...unless they have naturally sharp teeth, it's a slow and painful process for the teeth to break the skin.  Tantric feeding, i assume, is rather light nips...whereas actual biting...well, i'd prefer razor blades any day...(but then again, im kinda emo >.>)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: