AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2022, 04:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Blood Bonds Between Vampires/Donors 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Blood Bonds Between Vampires/Donors  (Read 20929 times)
Giselle
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:19:58 PM »

I have always been of a scientific bent of mind. The dreaded "Blood Bond" to me was something made up by vamps to keep donors in line. I could not have been more wrong.

My first taste of the bond happened after I donated to my first sang. He tried to warn me about it, but, I blew it off. "He just trying to impress me with his scary vamp powers ",I thought to myself. Then I started noticing little things. Out of the blue he would come into my mind (look at the clock) hummm it is the time he goes to work. I would wake up at 12:30 at night with him in my head. (look at the clock) DARN he is on his way home from work. It got to the point I could "feel" him. Sure enough the phone would ring.

This was happening after just one sang donation. At first I explained it as infatuation. Then it kept happening. Time would stretch on between donations. It got so bad. I HAD to hear his voice to be able to rest well at night. Things did not work out for me to continue to be his donor. I was thinking good now this will stop. WRONG! He would pop into my head at the weirdest times. If I let my guard down, I would text him, even though I KNEW I would not be donating to him again. It got to the point to have peace, as to stop obsesseing about him, I had to get my vamp to break the bond. The Blood Bond was that strong after donating all of 2 times.

Why did it affect me so? I can only guess at the reasons: because I am an super empath, it was my first time donating, blood has more power than we realize? Who knows! I would say my brain made it up but remember I did not believe in it to start with.

The vamp I have now, I donate to at least once a month. We have a very VERY strong bond. Luckly, I handle the bond better now and do not bother him too much. Yes, I pick up on his feelings sometimes (which doesn't freak me out now). He pops into my head at times. Thank goodness, he doesn't mind talking to me on the phone when I need my "fix". It does get to the point that I HAVE to donate to feel better.

I tell this story so vamps and donors will stop and think about the donating relationship one is entering into with each other. It will effect the donor in more ways than you can realize. Especially if they have not expereince it before. As I said this is just my thoughts and I hope it will help vamps and donors to communicate better about what is going on with each other.

Do I believe in the Blood Bond now? HECK yes!
Laurentz
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »

It is indeed extremely strong and will drive you quite mad if you don't just accept it's "background noise".  It nearly drove me mad, and I am a Sanguine Vampyre myself.  But it can be quite beautiful too.

Works of art'e are never finished and are forever in progress.
de libre
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »

I have to disagree to an extent.  My best donor relationship, is the one I have now. I love it because we do not hang out, we barely talk, and we stay friends. It is nothing sexual, emotional etc. At first I was irritated with some things, but after getting that smoothed out, it worked like a charm. I am not afraid to say that I absolutely love having a blood donor, just simply for blood. Not as a lover or someone that wants to tell me all their emotional bullcrap. It is very nice for a change, just to get the blood I need without any strings attached really..of having to maintain a deeper relationship.

It really is splendid!
Giselle
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:34:11 PM »

It is very nice for a change, just to get the blood I need without any strings attached really..of having to maintain a deeper relationship.

It really is splendid!

I can understand how you feel that way. I am just letting it be known there is an attachment. You may think it isn't there, but in is there, deep in your brain. The donor also. Your donor has SOME sort of feeling. Your are friends IF nothing else. No one said anything about love or anything else. Look at it this way MOST do not give their energy to their enemy. 
de libre
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »

I am not saying we are enemies, obviously that wouldn't go that well ha-ha. Yes, he has more of an attachment to me than I to him for sure, but I really can honestly say I do not have any real attachment to him. The only one I have is for the blood, we aren't even really good friends...trust me. I've had donors, in which yes I did have an attachment, but to this one...a real attachment as like emotional friend bond...no. I really am there just for the blood, even if that makes me sound wrong it's the truth.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »

There is a psychic connection which doesn't require friendship.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Calrathoul
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 07:48:48 PM »

Having fed a few times, I have never had a bond created, where one did not already exist. Having donated to others, the same was not true, unfortunately.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 12:50:50 PM »

Any exchange of energy can create a connection.
A regular exchange of blood and energy can create an even greater connection.

I've had both good and bad experiences with this.
From the vamp point of view, you may not always want to know what a donor is thinking about and if they are also an energy worker, it may take a bit of effort to block it out.

---Mal
Emmalynn
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »

I know this will sound weird - It had to me before the blood bond was established.

My vampiric brother and I had (subconsciously at first) created a blood bond between ourselves. He is a hybrid and I a sanguinarian. Both of us pray to different Goddesses (or Higher Beings) and both of us had lucid visions and dreams of feeding on each other's blood.

We eventually blood-bonded, and felt at our heart chakra like something was complete, like a puzzle being completed.

Now if either one of us has the Thirst or Beast rising, or is wounded, the other can feel it too. Recently I was unable to feed, having no donor, and he allowed me to feed from him through the bond because he just fed, and it really worked.

What I would really want to know, and understand, is that if there are more implications and consequences to this bond, and that does anyone have extensive knowledge in this area to guide him and I in this, because we seriously know zilch about these blood bonds.

Thank you.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »

I suggest looking into psychic links, because that's what you've actually created. 

--Winged Wolf
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »

The blood bond I share with my donor has both brought us that much closer and driven me mad. Although I have to agree, it is quite beautiful a lot of times, but neither of us knew how to completely take it. I was very close to my donor as it stood before we experienced the bond, but now it has evoked a strange kind of different love for her in me that was very strange to me. It helps when I want to know how she's feeling, though. I think of it as a very efficient means of communication that can help a relationship, not hurt it. You'd just have to find a way to adjust and get past it sometimes. It just feels we are closer than family even.

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
NocturnisOrchid
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »

I would have to agee with the first gentleman's reply. Even though it has been a very long time since I had the pleasure,I still just"know" when my donor is thinking of me or if he is closer or farther away. Background noise, as was so elequently put in the first reponse, is exactly what I have to do. Or, the feeling of his thoughts or just the hunger sensation he feels for me would most certainly drive me mad.One has to kinda distance one's self from it.
Be safe.

We are as different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire.
RavenHarte
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 07:10:46 PM »

agree with Mal, any communion can form a bond between vamp & donor. I have donated several different ways at this point and if I dont allow a bond, there isnt one. If I am already connected to the person, even just lightly friendly and we both have agreed to a deeper connect, it can as easily be formed through psi as sang.

However in all seriousness, most conscious, mature donors arent going to just open their skin for sh*ts and giggles. I have to trust the vamp implicitly for that, and just that level of trust in someone is going to foster an tighter connection. I am willingly letting them wound me, or wounding myself for them, causing myself pain (even if minutely) and potential permanent marks... its a profound thing which a donor might think they regard flippantly at the concsious level but trust the subconscious usually has wholey different ideas.

As to a psychic connect, knowing thoughts etc, here I have to agree that I do find this to happen more often with my sang vamps than psi - even the psi who can remote feed. Part of me attributes that to the vamp taking part of my physical being into their own, and making it part of themselves at a cellular level, however the ceremonialist in me beleives that that happens during psi donation as well, so I honestly just dont know. Perhaps its just the people involved and how empathic or psychic they already are, or perhaps its they were etherically already at the same  vibratory frequency, so like just calls to like after communion.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 11:22:15 PM »

The Psy-vamps you interacted with may simply have been more practiced at breaking the link afterwards, rather than creating a permanent one.

--Winged Wolf
Savannah
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 09:31:24 PM »

The blood bond is quite strong. I am a sanguinarian, and I linked with a great friend of mine. He finds himself feeling what I feel even if he hasn't talked to me in months. There was one time I was out of control, and he called me in a panic asking if I was okay. He woke from a dream that I was screaming, and crying with blood all over my dress. That very same thing happened in real life. I was going into a fit and I was in a fight with a man, and eneded up cutting my hand on something.

I too have something similar to him. He has a habit of leaving without a trace for months at a time, and when he returns I always know without him telling me a word. Nor will anyone tell me he has returned. So I do know how important a blood bond can be.

Savannah
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: