AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2022, 12:05:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  How Much Blood Can One Lose? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How Much Blood Can One Lose?  (Read 3248 times)
Giselle
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:50 PM »

It has come to my attention that alot of vamps and donors do not realistically have an idea of how much blood the human body actually holds. I am hoping this information will make, the exchange easier without the vamp or donor worrying about the donor being bleed dry.

The following information is based on the donor being healthy and NOT anemic. It is just a GUIDELINE! Some donors can handle more; some donors less. Every person is different. I am NOT a doctor and I do not claim to be one.

The average human body holds 4.7 liters of blood. That is like getting an empty 2 liter bottle of soda and filling it up 2 and a half times.

The human body can lose 10-15% of this volume without any serious effects to the body. 10-15% of 4.7 liters is 1 pint or 472ml(cc). This means you can take 12 ozs of blood without hurting your donor.

Now in my world, I do not know of anyone who could down a 12 oz bottle of soda at one time without taking a breath or throwing up. I am not saying that some could not. I am sure that they can. I just wanted to have the information on here to help the donor and vamp make the right decisions as to how much blood is safe to take. I have posted the links from where I got my information. I hope I have helped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhage

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1998/LanNaLee.shtml
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: