AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  General Otherkin Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  How Do I Know If I'm A "Phoenix"? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How Do I Know If I'm A "Phoenix"?  (Read 22004 times)
holyk
Level 2 Contributor

« on: February 18, 2009, 07:27:31 PM »

I've heard the term used around here before (never heard of it before I came here), and I'm beginning to suspect I might be one. Particularly after I gave my newly awakened Psi friend a full three-course meal of energy yesterday, and had recovered to normal (85% from about 30%, let's just say) by 2 PM today.

Last night after she left, I was starving for fruit, but didn't have much around, so I ate what little fruit there was and went to bed. I had a headache and a sharp pain in my abdomen. I dreamed of eating an enormous breakfast. Woke up at 8:10 (normally it's 10:00), feeling like a million bucks. I was seriously loving my life. I had a nice, big breakfast, lounged around cause I was still weary (stayed on the other side of the room when my psi friend came around to see if she had any replies to the thread I made for her), went to class, and during lunch felt my energy return to normal level, where I felt comfortable working with it some. Last night I was too tired to even consider trying to work with it. I usually play around with my energy cause I'm bored.

The process of energy recovery involves me feeling stifled, like in the middle of a hot, humid summer, as well as a choked feeling. It feels like someone has their hands (or a rope) wrapped around my neck, and I feel SO HOT. I'm usually panting for air, craving a soak in a freezing bath or a drink of ice water. But I recovered in... 14 hours, I believe. That sounds about right. 14 hours. So does this make me a "phoenix"? Or... is there something else I'm missing here?
FODO
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:55:48 PM »

I hate to be the one to tell u this because I hate it when I get reminded (sometimes i wonder if they get somekind of joy out of it. lol). but it is forbidden/verbotten for anyone to tell u (or me or anyone else for that matter) what you/we are becoming. And it can get very frusterating, trust me. And again i am sorry.

--Spell check still not working sorry
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:27:25 PM »

Very true feeder.....always a lovely reminder...But despite that we cant show you what you are, we can show you what we are, in hopes that you can identify yourself by the contrast or similarity....Myself...im no phoenix...just curious and dropping in..

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
FODO
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:22 PM »

Very true feeder.....always a lovely reminder...But despite that we cant show you what you are, we can show you what we are, in hopes that you can identify yourself by the contrast or similarity....Myself...im no phoenix...just curious and dropping in..

Lol thanks for that Etheros. lol and with as many varied syptems as i have, Holyk be glad u can identify yours. lol
good luck on your journey again
holyk
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 12:32:51 AM »

...hm. Well, thanks anyway.

For now, I'm going to assume I'm not one. Don't particularly want to be one, and I don't see how it would make any difference. It's just a title. I don't like unnecessary titles; they just complicate things.
Daniel09
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 03:33:18 PM »

I'm kind of the same way, cept someone told me I was a phoenix. Basically I have never seemed to ever run low on energy, it's just always there, even when being long-distance fed from by 3 vampires at once. I don't think I'm a phoenix, that's just a silly title in my opinion. I don't need nor want a title to be honest, because in my experience everyone is unique. A blanket term to label oneself by is not needed to live well and happy.

I'm a runner, I love going fast, really really fast but with wind going by my face, not in a vehicle. I can also see energy and how it works in my mind. It's made it easier to do many things.

I'll be doing my first direct physical feeding this weekend, so I guess I'll see if my "super" energy holds up.

Why knock when there is no door?
FODO
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 06:48:16 PM »

I agree with you two in a way. Only I feel that if I have a "name" so tho speak that I will feel more connected with the supernatural world. I apologize if I have used some of these titles to loosely.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:40:23 PM »

Just curious, where did you see the term used here? ... can you post link?

I've seen it used with some shamanic and hermentic alchemy practices, but never on the vamp side of life.

Thanks for explaining after asking, btw.  One of the main stumbling blocks in trying to help people is often that they use a term that they think everyone's familiar with and then wonder why we ask them to clarify what it is they are talking about.

---Mal
holyk
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 09:31:37 PM »

Sure!

I saw it here

And I was like, "Oh, good for that person. But I'm not one, and it's not really my thing anyways."

I had someone scan my energies today, and apparently my heart chakra is generating like crazy (no surprise; that's where I get it from), and my feet are absorbing like crazy (I need to ground, apparently).

I'm going to try to make it to the meet, but it looks like my ride might be getting sick, so let's hope that doesn't happen.
And my friend is probably not a psi vampire, but she was exhibiting many of the symptoms. We just aren't sure if it was because she's too empathetic, so me pushing my energy into her "cleansed" her of more malicious feelings she'd been absorbing because of her empathy, or if she recovered because she'd been starving for energy. But if we can make it, we will.
wicthdragon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 10:04:03 AM »

Hello If i may  maybe i can help? at least help lead ya in a direction, I can not say for sure if you are a phoenix just because i am  as well'  but what i can say is this ' it seems base on what you said and keep in mind it is ' always a little or a lot different for every one that you may be'  or just really able to get your energy back really quick either way very cool but what i can tell you is this as much of  a pain  as it may be but still cause i had to learn the hard way that not' no one for sure can tell you who you are give guess sure and ideas and maybe confirm somethings OK but still,.

I'M rambling sorry about that my point is this one look inside you see what you see think on it meditate or what ever you use to relax and then make a list of why and what lead you to being a phoenix'  maybe do some reading in myths to see if any of that fits ya and even if it don't  dose not mean your not it's only a idea on where to keep looking is all,.

make a check and minis list also if ya like see what leads ya to be being a phoenix most and such.

I know it sounds dumb but it may help and hay maybe  it will help you figure it out,.  also if ya can find other phoenix's and see what is similar if any thing and what is different and maybe try shifting in to phoenix and See what happens?  it may be the key you need after all that ,.

oh lastly above all try to be better on this then i ever did relax  don;t worry so much play with it a bit and don;t go to pieces if you can as hard as that is sometimes ,  try to have fun with this and enjoy it and such if that makes any sense.

Lastly  if you need to talk and need support ' please email me I'm me or  pm me here OK , but i do suggest you I'm me on yahoo your bets bet of getting to me , but take care and please know your not alone i have been dealing with this and for a while and still am in some ways so please if you need some one call on me OK,

THE God maker.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 08:45:17 PM »

Phoenix psychics: 

Have a 60 to 200 foot diameter aura, with correspondingly exponential density.  Aura is 'flame-like' to the perception of most--extremely chaotic, and unboundaried.  It tends to erode energy patterns around it, like sandblasting. 

Hypercapacity--phoenixes literally can't be overloaded.

Born-on:  phoenixes have been psychically awake and aware generally since they were around age 5.  The phoenix generation ability usually awakens around when they hit puberty.

Phoenixes are extremely emotionally volatile, territorial, and aggressive (in rare cases this manifests as passive-aggressive behavior, but usually it's just plain aggressive).

Cache-burning:  Something I won't explain fully in a forum, causing a massive increase in energy levels (known record for aura expansion, nearly a mile--but usually only half the block).

How common are phoenixes?  Their numbers appear to be something like 1 in 50,000, perhaps.  Of those, some will be children, most will be unaware of what they are, and many will die before they reach their 30s because they don't understand how to keep themselves mentally and emotionally stable.

What a phoenix is NOT:  Just someone who generates a lot of energy.  There are plenty of people who generate a lot of psi, and replenish their psi energy levels quickly. 

What a phoenix is ALSO not:  Someone who can deep-feed as many vampires as they want.  Actually, phoenixes only hyperproduce psi (auric) energy.  Their core energy levels have nothing to do with their being a phoenix.  I have met at least one sanguinarian phoenix.  Unlimited core energy levels are caused by something else.  Sometimes phoenixes have that trait too, sometimes (obviously), they don't.

What a phoenix is definitely not:  A type of otherkin.  No shifting involved here.  Not to say someone can't be a phoenix otherkin, but that's ENTIRELY different from what's being discussed here.

Never try to steal energy from a phoenix, no matter how much it looks like they won't miss it.  While some phoenixes will act as donors if asked, most of them will clean your clock if you steal. <lol>

Interesting factoid:  Some psi-vamps exhibit the unboundaried, chaotic aura typical of phoenixes, but of course much MUCH smaller, and 'hollow'-seeming.  This suggests there is a relationship between the two, perhaps the same energy generation factors are involved on opposite ends of the scale.

In my opinion, a 1 day recovery period for psi energy levels is too long for a phoenix.  Assuming a vamp could actually take a significant enough amount of energy from a phoenix for the phoenix to notice, that would be recovered generally in just a few hours, or one really good song on the radio.

(I am a phoenix transmutate).

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
holyk
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »

Ah, thanks then! I'm definitely not a phoenix, then, though I share several characteristics. I DO "drain" people (but not like a vampire; people tell me they're exhausted as if I were one, but I don't suck; I overload), and my energy IS hot, and I am NOT otherkin, but I'm also not that emotionally volatile (unless I choose to be). Overall, I share a few characteristics, but not enough to say that yes, I am a phoenix. Just similar in a couple ways. Thanks.
Daniel09
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »

By those characteristics I could certainly be a phoenix.

Why knock when there is no door?
Azoth
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 11:48:26 PM »

Phoenix psychics: 

Have a 60 to 200 foot diameter aura, with correspondingly exponential density.  Aura is 'flame-like' to the perception of most--extremely chaotic, and unboundaried.  It tends to erode energy patterns around it, like sandblasting. 

Hypercapacity--phoenixes literally can't be overloaded.

Born-on:  phoenixes have been psychically awake and aware generally since they were around age 5.  The phoenix generation ability usually awakens around when they hit puberty.

Phoenixes are extremely emotionally volatile, territorial, and aggressive (in rare cases this manifests as passive-aggressive behavior, but usually it's just plain aggressive).

Cache-burning:  Something I won't explain fully in a forum, causing a massive increase in energy levels (known record for aura expansion, nearly a mile--but usually only half the block).

How common are phoenixes?  Their numbers appear to be something like 1 in 50,000, perhaps.  Of those, some will be children, most will be unaware of what they are, and many will die before they reach their 30s because they don't understand how to keep themselves mentally and emotionally stable.

What a phoenix is NOT:  Just someone who generates a lot of energy.  There are plenty of people who generate a lot of psi, and replenish their psi energy levels quickly. 

What a phoenix is ALSO not:  Someone who can deep-feed as many vampires as they want.  Actually, phoenixes only hyperproduce psi (auric) energy.  Their core energy levels have nothing to do with their being a phoenix.  I have met at least one sanguinarian phoenix.  Unlimited core energy levels are caused by something else.  Sometimes phoenixes have that trait too, sometimes (obviously), they don't.

What a phoenix is definitely not:  A type of otherkin.  No shifting involved here.  Not to say someone can't be a phoenix otherkin, but that's ENTIRELY different from what's being discussed here.

Never try to steal energy from a phoenix, no matter how much it looks like they won't miss it.  While some phoenixes will act as donors if asked, most of them will clean your clock if you steal. <lol>

Interesting factoid:  Some psi-vamps exhibit the unboundaried, chaotic aura typical of phoenixes, but of course much MUCH smaller, and 'hollow'-seeming.  This suggests there is a relationship between the two, perhaps the same energy generation factors are involved on opposite ends of the scale.

In my opinion, a 1 day recovery period for psi energy levels is too long for a phoenix.  Assuming a vamp could actually take a significant enough amount of energy from a phoenix for the phoenix to notice, that would be recovered generally in just a few hours, or one really good song on the radio.

(I am a phoenix transmutate).

I loved this post and agree with everything but the shifting part!

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think!!
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 08:00:32 PM »

Someone can be otherkin/therian and a shifter, and also be a phoenix, but none of the born phoenixes I know do any shifting per se.  They're really good at getting agitated and ranting, though.  ^_^

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: