AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2019, 02:38:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  General Otherkin Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  How Do I Know If I'm A "Phoenix"? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How Do I Know If I'm A "Phoenix"?  (Read 11119 times)
AerisDraconic
Level 2 Contributor

You just lost the game

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 05:34:45 am »

I've always wondered if I am one or not. Well.. always wondered since I've learned about them. I have all those attributes actually, but what caught my interest in Wolf's post was the cache burning. I do that sometimes. I think of it as "dropping a nuke" on the area where I am. Takes up my entire property and the properties around me.. lol. I've never heard anybody else describe that though until now. How interesting. *wanders off into the shadows to lurk more*

You just lost the game.
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

Feel free to contact me for discussions.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 08:19:45 pm »

Ive found this post interesting but I have yet to come across a post about self searching. Well thats what I call it anyway. Its sort of like delving into ones self into ones psyche into ones "mind" to seek the answers to what they may be. I did not have a group through with to ask the questions of what I am nor did those around me physically end up being much help between those who would call me Vamp and then those who would go further to say I was a hybrid of some sort to plainly saying "I dont know what the hell you are sorry buddy". So I sought other methods through meditation and a form of travel into myself. Seeking out the essence of what you are or would call yourself. I find it is a painfully long process but goes beyond just helping you seek what you are but find your, for want of better words, magickal or spiritual name. Or going as far as to remember the past events before coming to the here and now. Well those are my thoughts on the topic.

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 01:22:44 pm »

Experimenting also works, and probably takes less time if you set about it correctly.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 09:52:47 am »

Ive found this post interesting but I have yet to come across a post about self searching. Well thats what I call it anyway. Its sort of like delving into ones self into ones psyche into ones "mind" to seek the answers to what they may be. I did not have a group through with to ask the questions of what I am nor did those around me physically end up being much help between those who would call me Vamp and then those who would go further to say I was a hybrid of some sort to plainly saying "I dont know what the hell you are sorry buddy". So I sought other methods through meditation and a form of travel into myself. Seeking out the essence of what you are or would call yourself. I find it is a painfully long process but goes beyond just helping you seek what you are but find your, for want of better words, magickal or spiritual name. Or going as far as to remember the past events before coming to the here and now. Well those are my thoughts on the topic.

I find this very interesting as it describes a major part of my own path, and you are correct, this is a life long process.  I will have to disagree a bit with Psion here.. experimentation will only take you so far.. a way to investigate the present.  Learning about ones self can, in certain cases, be much more complex... akin to researching your family tree and discovering you are the inherator to a estate in scotland that you didnt know about.  (sorta)

The best way I can describe it, is a form of spiritual self awareness, where the mind here in the physical begins to perceive and seek that consciousness which drives it.  The dream becoming aware of the dreamer, so to speak.

I can only speak to our similarities.  I too, am a bit hard to categorize.. I have vampirc needs.. but I dont think that definition binds me.  I can feed hybrid, but really blood seems overly  messy and complicated.  I have gotten the 'what the heck are you!' reaction as well.  Tongue

The use of the magikal name is also a method I have used.  There is a lot of power and history in a name, and it is an excellent anchor to base a search around.  Of course, you can really get into interesting thought when you begin to wonder who named you and when, what responsibilities go with that, etc.  Of course, some of these names are very old and even can tie into experiences which could be very difficult for these biological brains of ours to comprehend.  I think.. its part of the reason these things take time.. helps prevent us from blowing a fuse.

Feel free to PM me if you want to compare notes.  Smiley

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 04:09:02 pm »

I dont think its so much the issue with the biological brain but more the accustomed percentage of use. The brain we use like what? Less than a fifth of?  Its not that we cant comprehend it its simply that people dont expand their minds enough to utilize the rest towards the understands of things beyond the here and now and what is in front of them.

Feel free to PM me as well Pain. I am more frequently on MSN tho lol. I normally actually dont bother with forums as much as I have. Dark blessings.

Taris

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »

Well, I meant the simple experiment.
Stop feeding.  If you're still fine, and you don't have any adverse symptoms from it, you're not a vampire.

--Winged Wolf
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 01:35:33 am »

Psion,

I think I thought you were responding to Taris, who has probably taken a off topic tangent into soul searching.

But still.. food for thought... what if vampirism is needed for a strong connection with spirit?  If you dont feed, than your subtle abilities dwindle and atrophy.  This isnt necessarily a physical effect but certainly part of a physical/spiritual health.  Would that qualify?

Paindancer
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 11:20:26 am »

Well Psion im curious but many otherkin feed as well? If they stopped feeding and it affected them adversely then would that make them vamps? I feel the feeding term being coined only with the idea that it is for vamps is wrong as considering vamps arent human so to say then are they not otherkin also? Simply just otherkin who have been in the majority?

NyteMuse
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 11:49:50 am »

Well Psion im curious but many otherkin feed as well? If they stopped feeding and it affected them adversely then would that make them vamps? I feel the feeding term being coined only with the idea that it is for vamps is wrong as considering vamps arent human so to say then are they not otherkin also? Simply just otherkin who have been in the majority?

How are vamps (of the non-Otherkin variety) not human?
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 12:02:42 pm »

Everyone here is human.  Lets make that distinction first and foremost.

native human soul, vs a soul of another type can be a topic of discussion.. but take a  step back and lets gett to root cause of vampirism.

Essentially, there is no current workable theory that vampirsim is a physical condition.  At least not one which would fall back on chemistry and physicics.  Instead, they invariably go to a arm-waving explanation of some, unknown process.. essentially energy.  Yes, physical effects can result from not feeding, but there is precedent for they physical body suffering symptoms when energy is out of balance, commonly found in eastern medicine.

A lot of other-kin do seem to need to resort to supplemental energy sources, from vampirism to elemental feeding.  This could be simply because the energy body is not suited for the physical.

Are they vamps?  Yes, I think so as they need to feed (especially the ones who need to feed on human vibes) in order to stay optimally healthy.  Perhaps an elemental feeder is not so much the definition per say.

Of course.. we are  getting way off topic.

Paindancer
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 02:55:13 pm »

Yes, if they need to feed off of energy from other people, they're vampires. (I do not consider people who need to draw in elemental energy or whatever to be vampires...that's like considering someone who eats a hamburger to be a cannibal).  This is my opinion, I think 'vampire' is applied too broadly in many cases.  No reason to consider someone who needs to draw in earth energy to be any sort of vampire.

No reason someone can't be both otherkin and a vampire.

But still.. food for thought... what if vampirism is needed for a strong connection with spirit?  If you dont feed, than your subtle abilities dwindle and atrophy.  This isnt necessarily a physical effect but certainly part of a physical/spiritual health.  Would that qualify?

Only if they actually cannot improve their own ability to generate energy.  But in most cases, there are going to be other problems if that is the case.

--Winged Wolf
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: