AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2019, 05:54:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Empathic Limits 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Empathic Limits  (Read 8553 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: February 07, 2009, 11:55:53 am »

Transfered From Suscitatio Forum
Posted By: Zwielicht
On: January 28, 2008, 12:01:00 AM

As a empath i have become use to the feeling the emotions of others but a while ago i started to wonder if that is all we as empaths could do. So i started a little project, I started to see if i could put emotion or thoughts into other people. I had a hard time, with me being a vampyre with warrior caste traits, puting my energy out was hard but i have had small successes . I have sence came to find a few sources that have backed up my thoughts on more powerful Empathic abilities. Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject, or has any abilities relateing to empathy that are more 'powerful' so to say?

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 11:56:45 am »

Posted By: adoma
On: January 28, 2008, 06:21:06 AM

You can send feelings into a person by using empathy and therefore might affect their actions
But to receive or send thoughts you should use telepathy.

Empathy to me is just something simple, everybody has it, but then it's not so paranormal developed.
I think empathy can help you learn and understand other psionic arts.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:57:55 am »

Posted By: WingedWolfPsion
On: January 28, 2008, 04:09:06 PM

People tend to be either input or output oriented (sensitives or tendencies).  Sensitives can still learn output functions of abilities, just takes a bit more practice.  Keep working on it, and it will get easier, and you'll have more success over time.

Affecting others' emotions can be very useful, but be sure you understand your own ethics before you start influencing others against their will/without their consent.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 11:58:48 am »

Posted By: Paradox
On: January 28, 2008, 05:11:49 PM

This is something you want to be careful with, me being an empath (among other things -_-) myself I can tell you that it can go wrong really fast.

Pros:

You can scare the shit out of people, animals or other forces that seek to harm you.
You can comfort
You can smooth transitions
You can make someone love you (which is meaningless and bad)

Cons:

You can make someone love you (That kind of love can turn into chaos and destructive obsession)
You can accidentally kill someone (Like I've experience at a younger age, I gave someone a heart attack.)
You can drain at an alarming rate
You can attract astral parasites

I'm sure these lists go on, but those are the only ones I can think of.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 11:59:37 am »

Posted By: WingedWolfPsion
On: January 28, 2008, 07:25:32 PM

Not to mention having crappy shielding--that tends to attract parasitic critters.  I've also never heard of killing someone via empathy, they'd have to have a serious problem beforehand for emotion alone to do them in.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 12:00:27 pm »

Posted By: Paradox
On: January 28, 2008, 11:13:42 PM

The pros and cons weren't for just empathy, its for the use of empathy to project emotions into.
Also, the incident with the death was to someone with various other issues (physical).
Its also important to shield, and I wasn't saying that being empathic attracts parasites, its the higher energy outputs.  It acts as a beacon almost, most astral parasites are just like instinctive animals looking for food.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 12:01:20 pm »

Posted By: Syko Dragon
On: January 31, 2008, 09:27:58 PM

That depends on the type of parasite.  There are parasites that can drain off of pretty much anything, really.  Whether they find a way into negative emotions (even to those that drain themselves) or through higher energy outputs, their tricks can sometimes astound you on what they end up doing.

As for empathy...just as WingedWolfPsion had pointed out, there are generally 2 extremes: Transmitters and Receivers.  Just because an empath can receive at a higher success rate doesn't mean that they can't transmit themselves.  I haven't found any person that didn't have the ability to do both- just depending on what type of person they are can determine towards which extreme they will tend to head.  Everything just takes practice, though, some people are just more naturally towards one extreme and will always have more difficulty towards their opposite.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 12:02:01 pm »

Posted By: Solora
On: February 29, 2008, 10:06:06 PM

>.< I can relate to the attraction of astral parasites. I'm not sure how much to do with empathy that has though. A friend once mentioned those who glow brightest attract the most, both good and bad. The best advice I can give to anyone who notices in themselves a talent for empathy would be to learn control above all else. Learn control before you try to build your skill level. Talent or strength, without control is a disaster waiting to happen.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 12:02:51 pm »

Posted By: LadyDragonWolf
On: March 14, 2008, 07:37:22 PM

Thoughts and emotions are typically easy things to control in yourself and others.  Best not to get too carried away with it.  I typically stick to positive things such as comforting and healing.  If someone is upset about something, I don't deny them that emotion, simply turn their thoughts to how it could be worse, which in turn makes them feel better about their situation. (this is the most basic example I can give, anything more detailed would make me late for work)

You cannot MAKE someone love you.  You CAN make them THINK they love you, which is why those situations never have a happy ending.  And honestly, as I've said to others, wouldn't you rather have someone love you because they think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread, as opposed to loving you because you think they should?

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 12:03:44 pm »

Posted By: Woodland
On: April 22, 2008, 12:44:56 AM

Here's the thing. To really influence someone else, I have to touch them. The problem is that they flood me with their emotions. I really don't know what to do. I can make others feel much better with a touch, but then, I am ruined for several hours. Is this what everyone reffers to as a parasite? I have only been overwhelmed once in my life, but was able to overcome the oppression and force it out. It makes me feel angry when I am being violated with energy. I would not want to influence others actions. Seems a little too evil my friend.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 12:04:36 pm »

Posted By: LadyDragonWolf
On: April 27, 2008, 08:55:41 AM

Woodland
Sounds to me like you need to learn to block all of that out.  It's fairly simple to do, just visualize a brick wall, and if you actually WANT something to come through to you, remove one brick.

Touching people does seem to make things easier, but it's a two-way street.  You can influence them more easily, but they can also influence you more.  The best way to handle this is to learn to work from a distance.  This will give you a major advantage since most people you will be dealing with are incapable of connecting and directing without some physical involvement.

At the risk of sounding harsh, don't get angry.  Essentially the fault lies with you for allowing the energy into yourself without first filtering it or converting it.  Not to mention the fact that anger does nothing good for anyone you are working on.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 12:05:20 pm »

Posted By: LordRHIAKATH
On: May 11, 2008, 11:51:27 AM

I am an Empath.  I have been one all my life, although I had not recognized it until adulthood.  Early in my life I realized that I was able to ‘read’ the inner most vulnerable emotional energies that a person struggles with.  I found it simple to just feel it on them.  Later I realized that it was their aura that I can sensed and interpret with great accuracy.  This gift has been extremely valuable in my professional development.

I believe in the twin sisters of Destiny and Fate; and as such, I find that it is no accident that I became a behavioral health professional and studied psychiatric psychopathology.  I help others heal.  I have become quite adept at taking in the wounded and ill ‘energies’ of my patients and “filter” them in such a way that the ‘energies’ I give back have a healing impact.  Although I have discovered that I have natural shielding, the older and more enlightened I have become, the more I need to focus on strengthening these shields.

A few things that I have learned: First and foremost, one’s own personal ethics is important in any Psy Vamp workings.  As has been mentioned already in this thread, to experience being “fed” upon is not always a good thing.  [Donors are an entirely different issue, for they consent and are cognizant of what is happening.]  Many of the Vampyric codes that I have read and follow warn us of ‘victimizing’ others.  I hold this value in high regard and endeavor to keep true to it in my workings.

Secondly, I have been warned, and I do take great care, of taking in energies that might “infect” me.  Somehow I have a very solid constitution and have weathered well many intensities and wounded energies.  I take no more than can be given and return no more or less than what was taken.

Lastly, I have also learned that my gift is flawed when it comes to my own heart.  Once I have developed amorous or an intimate connection with another, my sense of their aura is off or flawed.

The Prana/Chi that I need for myself personally, I am given by donors that offer willingly.  So I do not use my patient’s energies to address my own personal needs.

With regard to language used in the initial post of this thread:  Personally I stay away from the use of the word “power” when speaking of gifts and abilities.  I personally have an issue with the perception of that I am “better” or “higher” than anyone else.  I am just different and I use the same “stuff” that others possess, I just use it differently.  This is just my own humble opinion.  The skills I possess are a gift, much like a gem, only to be used when needed.

I am new to this site. I appreciate the opportunity to safely place my opinion in this thread.  May all be well!  May the darkness grant you all that which you desire most.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 12:08:24 pm »

Posted By: enntross
On: June 29, 2008, 01:58:49 PM

About empathic limits: i guess that depend of what you really expecting because empathic ability works unconsciously therefore we have to practise because is the only one thing that could be helpful for our. Empathy is uncommon because there is a passive exchange of energies between people who talking together among other, there is also a process which make people interacting together in the street or in other place but it's not vampirism, it's just a kind of emotional exchange.

I don't know if that sounds like english but i strive to explain my emotions as well as i can  Grin

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
de libre
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 01:22:20 pm »

Never forget the other side of the coin

I am a strong empath and always remember just because you can manipulate people 'easier', also means you are subjected to be easily manipulated yourself. I have many a days where I have thoughts that are not my own, deep emotions, I practically become the other person, sometimes it causes severe depression...which is not mine but later I find out it is another persons.

Yes, having emotional intelligence can get you very far in life, knowing what others want, knowing how to tend to others, effective communication, being able to be one move ahead. Though at the same time it also comes with the cost of knowing more than you want to know, not just emotional pain as I bet you are aware, but exact physical pain whether it be a C2 fracture to a kidney stone. One of the hardest things for a strong empath (that not only feels emotional, but pyshical pain and thoughts etc) is having self-identity. Because even when you are 100 percent sure that was your idea, it turns out it was the other persons idea. Sure collective thinking can happen, but I find to often that I am taking other peoples thoughts, thinking they are my own at first and loving it.

Thus, I too am subject to being persuaded and manipulated in ways I didn't even assume before.
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 06:15:14 pm »

Man.. I pretty much hate empathy. I'm an empath myself among other things, but I sometimes pick up emotions and especially pain from others I like, and sometimes from others I don't know.

The reason why I hate it is because I feel very differently instead of what I usually feel when it happens, and depending on the person I'm picking it up from.. it'll either pass shortly or persist. If it persists, I'm forced to do something about it AKA purging it from myself and then set up a ward tuned to that person where it's coming from and send it right back to them via feedback loop.

Doubtful there's any pluses on my own case with empathy. ::shrugs::
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: