AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 16, 2019, 06:29:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19895 Posts in 2601 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Types Or Shield Variations + Transitional - Effectiveness? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Types Or Shield Variations + Transitional - Effectiveness?  (Read 5975 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: February 06, 2009, 05:09:44 pm »

Transfered From Suscitatio Forum
Posted By: Merticus
On: February 03, 2008, 02:59:05 PM

What types of shields does everyone use and in what particular situation?

Are some shield variations (or visualizations) more effective than others?

Have you ever encountered an individual who was able to bypass your shield(s) no matter the type, intensity, or technique you used?

If you use a transitional or fluid-form shield that adapts to your surroundings, are there ever geographic, environmental, or saturated energy hot spots that seem to diminish the effectiveness of your shield(s)?

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 05:11:29 pm »

Posted By: Inedible
On: February 03, 2008, 03:44:56 PM

It has been a while since I have set up a traditional shield; a filter has always been more to my liking for both incoming and outgoing energies. What I found with shields was that it was too hard to maintain a natural flow of energy through them. Setting up a filter works much the way setting up a shield does, and you can program it to draw power to maintain itself. I have requested my Higher Self to determine what is to be allowed in and out so that it will be for my highest good and the highest good of everyone else involved.

Back when I first started doing energy work I found it amusing to send energy to people at a distance. Sometimes they would tell me that their shields would not allow it, or worse, that my energy would be sent back with the intent to cause harm. This always seemed to be a challenge to try it anyway. Two main strategies worked well: (1) send the energy through time, to bypass the shield - not many people think of their shields as existing in time, so you can go around it easily. (2) affirm that your intent to send energy is to be healing, so that it will not be deflected as an intrusion or an attack, even if you know perfectly well that the results will be distinctly uncomfortable.

It isn't something I make a habit of anymore. It lost me a few friends.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »

Posted By: WingedWolfPsion
On: February 03, 2008, 08:25:45 PM

As a phoenix, my field is my shield.  I simply exaggerate the chaotic activity, add random spin, and extend the frequency ranges.  This is simple enough that I can explain it, but effective enough that my doing so won't help anyone get through it.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 05:13:48 pm »

Posted By: Syko Dragon
On: February 03, 2008, 08:37:52 PM

WingedWolfPsion:

Sounds like the storms of Jupiter when you described it.   Wink

And overall, as WWP had pointed out in another post, there will always be those that find ways to bypass.

As for myself, I try random things and implement various types and concepts at different times.  I have a few favorites, but I do what I feel is necessary at particular times as well, depending on what situations may come up.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 05:14:50 pm »

Posted By: Paradox
On: February 04, 2008, 01:50:46 AM

For the most part my shielding is actually clear and I require no visualization for it, I just simply know that it's there will protect me from minor threats.  Just like someone posted earlier about using a filter, I use a pretty thin shielding to much the same effect of a filter.  But when I do require absolute shielding or a circle in magickal work, I using a column of blinding white light or a circle of white arms with black protective sigils.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 05:15:39 pm »

Posted By: RedRaven
On: February 04, 2008, 07:05:25 AM

I think of my everyday shielding as a kind of clear rubber ball around me that is mirrored outwardly so energies are deflected or simply projected back upon whatever is causing a problem. Think thick and bouncy one way mirror.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 05:16:47 pm »

Posted By: WingedWolfPsion
On: February 04, 2008, 11:15:52 AM

WingedWolfPsion:

Sounds like the storms of Jupiter when you described it.   Wink

Interestingly, that's the visualization I often use to reinforce it. lol
Answering the other part of Merticus' question, of course I've had my shields breached.  It happens much less frequently these days.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 05:17:34 pm »

Posted By: Maulbeere
On: February 12, 2008, 06:52:00 PM

I tried a lot of different visualizations through the years from light to fire, wire mesh, reinforced glass - anything I could think of. I'm empathic and something always usually gets through sooner or later... but since it always feels like me, until I finally twig, I sometimes act on other people's drives. It's not ideal, but just another thing on my path to work through :-)

Recently I'm enjoying better success with shielding made of layers of white/silver, then violet, then gold light. :-)

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 05:18:20 pm »

Posted By: CerebralAssassin
On: February 17, 2008, 10:24:39 PM

I have found that many layered sheildsin many different frequencies and hues of colors work the best for me with a mirrored exterior one with mirror magic spells upon it and many different runes and symbols on and through them.

Yes, things may still breach them, but makes it alot harder to breach and get to me with them around me.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 05:19:09 pm »

Posted By: RedRaven
On: March 02, 2008, 03:31:02 PM

In terms of colors, what is the significance to you? Do you choose each according to specific criteria I guess is what I'm getting at, or is it more personal? I'm really interested in learning more about shielding techniques.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 05:19:59 pm »

Posted By: Solora
On: March 03, 2008, 09:03:02 PM

Personally I choose the color that feels the best at the time. Often for shielding that ends up being yellow or white since they shine so brightly and brightness helps encourage strength.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 05:20:35 pm »

Posted By: Solora
On: March 03, 2008, 09:03:02 PM

I tried a lot of different visualizations through the years from light to fire, wire mesh, reinforced glass - anything I could think of. I'm empathic and something always usually gets through sooner or later... but since it always feels like me, until I finally twig, I sometimes act on other people's drives. It's not ideal, but just another thing on my path to work through :-)

Recently I'm enjoying better success with shielding made of layers of white/silver, then violet, then gold light. :-)

I used to have the same problem with acting on other people's impulses and drives.  It gets better over time, I've learned to tune those drives out if they get passed my shielding.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 05:21:40 pm »

Posted By: dr490nw4rri0r
On: June 10, 2008, 06:55:11 PM

I don't shield. If I try to, I end up consuming it. I DO however, have natural sheilds that seem to be alot stronger than the shields most people make.

I should also mention that I feed off of people's shields. If they've constructed one, I'll feed off of it, rather than off of their energy. this occasionally causes their shields to dissipate.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 05:22:19 pm »

Posted By: Celtic Fire Gem
On: June 24, 2008, 01:15:55 PM

Shielding is something that I constantly have up around me. Since I am psychic and empathic, it's kind of a necessity. During the summer months, I tend to relax. When fall comes around, I go back to being a high school English teacher. Talk about the onslaught of emotions. My first week is really draining, then I get a handle on it.

I don't necessarily have something I visualize all the time. It's more like a barrier. I do have visualizations that I can use if the need is there.

Amanda

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
S
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 09:23:30 am »

a very interesting thread. personally, i find my shield more effective the more chaotic it is xD  though, i feel more comfortable with some kinda logic-related design...think about a puzzle ring-type weave, except with many different types of shields, all fit together into one...it's very random, and kinda proves my ADD-ness
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: