AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 07:47:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Shielding 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shielding  (Read 7933 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: February 06, 2009, 04:43:28 pm »

Transfered From Suscitatio Forum
Posted By: CerebralAssassin
On: January 26, 2008, 05:59:09 PM

A very simple method of shielding and quick acting is "The Tower of Light Method".
I stumbled across this in," The Practical Guide to Psychic Self-Defense and Well-Being second edition by Denning and Phillips".

The Tower of Light (Emergency method)

1) Visualize at once an intense blue shield around you, at the top and above your head,the brilliant white sphere of the light of your Higher Self.

2) Aware of the brilliant globe over your head,aspire to the highest good you are capable of conceiving; realizing, though this globe is a visualized symbol,it represents a part of true Divine force.

3) See the dazzling sphere sending down a glittering white light. This light,filled with silver sparkles, floods your aura and at the same time completely permeates you, coursing vibrantly through you. See the sharp blue outline of your aura's hard protective shell.

4) Keep this in visualization for as long as the need lasts or as long as you reasonably can.

WHEN YOU LET THE IMAGE FADE FROM YOUR COUNCIOUSNESS, KNOW THE REALITY OF THIS PROTECTION IS STILL INVISIBLY AROUND YOU!!

The reason I chose this method is the speed of actuation and the ease of it. I hope this may help as it will stop some unwanted energies and entities from attaching themselves to you, but remember this will not stop all entities or energies from getting to you. There is some entities and energies out there that shields do not even slow down or stop, even the best sheilds.

This technique can also be used by dark energy users just change the energies to suit you. I found out personally that you should know the energy of the person you are trying to help as we tried to heal a friend who was of dark energies and tried to heal her with light energies and that was bad as it through her into a seizure, so now we always ask when we do a healing as of what type of energy you are. Grin

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 04:45:12 pm »

Posted By: WingedWolfPsion
On: January 27, 2008, 10:44:15 PM

Other shielding methods (to keep the theme of the thread).

Resistance shield (this is the simplest form of shielding).

Focus your attention on your own energy field, starting at skin level and encompassing everything outward from there until you find your auric boundary.  Holding the image/perception of your outer field in mind, picture/intend for it to become solid, heavy, unmoving, and impenetrable to any other energy.  Picture it not allowing other energy to pass through it--the energy slows and then stops when it touches your field.

Simple Construct Shield (Most 'bubble shields' are of this variety).

Move energy from your system outward to form a layer around and within your auric field.  This layer should roughly follow the contours of your body, and should start at about skin level.  Picture the layer becoming a barrier--the type depends on what you imagine to be strongest--a layer of brick, a suit of armor, a force field, etc.  Take care that you do not build in a flaw through what you visualize--a glass barrier, for example, might shatter if struck.  The barrier will behave the way you program it to behave, so consider these factors carefully, and control what you create.  This barrier should allow your own energy to pass through it naturally, but NOT allow any energy coming inward that you have not deliberately reached out to acquire.  This is a first step to creating more complex construct shields that may scatter incoming energy like a prism-ball, or cause it to slide off like oil on teflon, or intensify and focus it back in the direction it came--etc.  Possibilities for construct shields are nearly endless.
Be extremely cautious about permitting access.  Any special access you grant may become a point of entry for someone skilled and determined.  Allowing in 'only positive energy' is one such potential mistake--if you think 'positive' energy can't harm you, then you've probably never been overloaded.  (And psy-vamps can be overloaded, even those with hypercapacity--it's a matter of speed of flow changes as well as quantity).
If you retain links to other people, you should shield your links, and disguise them if you know how.  A link to someone else can be like a conduit--and a conduit can be tapped into, to gain access to both parties.  If the folks on your links aren't shielded, then another could access their field, and follow the link to access yours.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 04:47:09 pm »

Posted By: Syko Dragon
On: January 31, 2008, 03:13:18 AM

Interesting technique...and yes, there are entities that can bypass shields (those are usually at higher "levels," if you will).  For the entities that bypass your shields with no problem, you just have to deal with them in your own way.

A few years ago, I was writing a book on energy and was going to include all the various methods that I had found to work with Shielding.  There are offensive and defensive sides to Shielding, and combinations.    What matters most, though, is well you have the basics down.  Even if a person or entity bypasses your shield, your ability to control and manipulate your own energy and surroundings will pay off as you quickly and efficiently neutralize your threat.

Basic Shields are just the beginning to SO MANY other types of shields.  I mean, TONS of different types.  I've come across layered shields, spiked shields, invisible shields, redirecting shields, absorbing shields, exploding shields, transferring shields, relocating shields, etc etc.  You just have to remember that the Advanced is just the Basics reconstructed in a complex way.  From there, you come up with whatever you want- granted, it just takes time and correct practice.

I Hope this helped some.  Good Luck Training!!

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:48:14 pm »

On: January 31, 2008, 03:13:18 AM

Blocking teleporting is tricky...but there ARE ways to block even the ones that bypass.  However, there is ALWAYS someone or something out there better than you are at any given thing, so always have a backup plan.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:49:05 pm »

On: January 31, 2008, 09:11:55 PM

I was just going to reply with, "indeed."  LoL  I know what you mean, and it really isn't too hard if you've already taken note of where you (or they) are.  Your "trail" from your energy signature can lead you back instantly.

Yes, backup plans are always a must.  That's why shielding is only a 1st line of defense.  Layered shields can work out well (those are the more difficult ones to bypass, but it just takes time).  Layered shields with different types of shields, that is.

I mean, teleporting shields can work to your advantage, and if there is someone or an entity that's attacking you, learning to teleport and leave multiple energy "clones" can help you to make them lose track of you while you redirect their connection to you (usually to one of your clones- though, it's more fun if you can attach it to their back and lose them completely).

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 04:49:51 pm »

On: January 31, 2008, 10:51:14 PM

Most people fail to block past a certain range of high or low frequencies, and you can just slip around by going above or below their range threshold.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 04:50:33 pm »

On: February 02, 2008, 12:10:14 AM

That's one way, yea, but there are many ways to bypasss shields, really- from going through the pores of shields to breaking down the shields particles and absorbing them (after converting them, if needs be) to, as you said, finding alternate frequencies that they are connected to (one of my personal faves since you can remote view to their position).

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:08 pm »

Posted By: Inedible
On: February 03, 2008, 03:52:15 PM

Something I read a long time ago was that many people tend to use prayer or just plain asking for help as a last resort, and then only if they remember to try it. That fit me perfectly. The warning came along with the suggestion that asking for help from the beginning is a much better idea. Then you are not limited to what you can do for yourself and you are not limited to what forms of protection you can imagine. It is much simpler to ask for the protection you need, in whatever form will best do the job as the need arises. The only trouble is that it requires having some faith, even if it is just that the universe is a basically friendly place and that your presence here is actually wanted. That's the part that took me the longest.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:45 pm »

Posted By: hagithpsi
On: February 03, 2008, 04:59:33 PM

I would rather know what I have and work with that, than put my safety in the hands of whatever entities happen to respond to a prayer. They may be associated with your patron deity, but in my experience the help you can get from them is not always very beneficial.

There are more advanced types of shielding too -- shielding that learns from what it is exposed to, runs self-sufficiently without regular charging from internal reserves, programming that "bites back" when attacked, etc. In a sense, your own shielding is not limited to what you can think up yourself at all.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 04:52:47 pm »

On: February 03, 2008, 08:30:49 PM

As hagithpsi said, it's more reliable to know what you're setting yourself up for rather than expect to be protected all around.  Granted, Prayer is a powerful tool, yet ones own Faith determines the strength of the outcome and efficiency of the shield itself- which is still a personal decision.  This is not to downsize Prayer at all (in fact, I Pray every day and my Faith is my own and personal journey).  I am a strong believer in the saying, "God helps those that help themselves."  I know this is more of a religious standpoint, but I do not limit myself in learning and applying what I CAN do instead of being completely dependent on someone (or something- be it principle or entity) else.

Also, learning more in depth about shields will better prepare you in case there is someone/something that just so happens to penetrate your shielding when you least expect it.  Also, I'd rather not chance an encounter based on the fact of "remembering to try it" at any particular time.  It is better to be prepared and not need to implement immediate counter-measures then to leave things to chance and only implement when necessary.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 04:53:35 pm »

On: February 03, 2008, 08:34:55 PM

I don't really know how faith-based systems function--not particularly well, anyhow.  My own system has no faith basis, so my beliefs are never required for it to work, and the strength of my beliefs is irrelevent to the effectiveness of my psi work.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 04:54:25 pm »

On: February 03, 2008, 08:42:27 PM

WingedWolfPsion:

I actually started out not wanting any assistance on Faith.  I started to learn more about them just to extend my repetoire, really.  As per your comment about your "beliefs are never required for it to work," that's not entirely true in the sense that your own will-power and belief in yourself play a large role in accomplishing a prosperous energy work life.  Someone who doubts themselves or "doesn't believe" can many times negate others (or their own) energy work.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:14 pm »

On: February 03, 2008, 08:51:04 PM

Syko, that may be true in the system of energy working that you learned, but it isn't true for mine.  At the very least, it isn't a problem related to energy-working at all, but is a flaw in a person's psychology in general, and they're just as likely to sabotage themselves doing physical things if they could sabotage themselves with psi.

The issue there is when a person allows their beliefs to affect their behavior--when they start to doubt and STOP TRYING AS HARD as a result.  That isn't a problem with faith, it's a problem with action.  If you apply full effort regardless of your doubts, then you will have just as much success with psionics as if you had total faith in it, and applied full effort.

One of the most liberating things I've taught students is that DOUBT IS OK!  Novel idea for many of them, as all the newage sites say otherwise.  I give them permission to doubt away, but insist they put in full effort toward TRYING, regardless of it.  And lo and behold, they succeed.  People are fundamentally lazy.  Psionics is not about what's going on in your head.  It's what you put out to the world, and receive from the world.  It is about ACTIONS.  Brain garbage isn't relevent--doubt away.  Doubt you can walk that tightrope.  If you determinedly keep trying, you're eventually walk it. 

Doesn't anyone remember learning to ride a bicycle?  You kept falling off.  You doubted you could do it every time, but you kept on trying, and then, suddenly, you succeeded, and you were so surprised and thrilled!  Keep trying, and it will work.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:55 pm »

On: February 03, 2008, 09:10:13 PM

WingedWolfPsion:

I understand where you're coming from, but perhaps I misunderstood what stand-point you were coming from, which is why I threw in about belief in oneself.  That definition of "Faith in Self" was an alternative viewpoint pertaining to action itself and "fullness of action."  Whether it be a flaw in a person's psychological basis or not, most people operate at this level until they ascend to something better- a better Operating System, so to speak.  Not everybody can, and the way most human psyches operate is inherent to a somewhat predetermined set of checks and balances to maintain homeostasis with itself on all levels.

I hope that I did not project that doubt was NOT ok.  On the contrary, I agree with you that following down a particular path should be done full-heartedly, but questioned and frequently questioned to help with your own growth along that path.  I have built myself up on this- the sense of being critical but not the point of holding myself back.  I've known too many people that give up so easily because of such doubt, but that is their own flaw.  You can only point the way for them...even more-so with energy work because most people that are new to field find it too taboo to discuss further and have their prenotions put up as barriers to the point of dropping it completely.

Anyway, the whole point was that I do agree with you and understand with what you were saying.  It wasn't that I was challenging your system of work, but just offering an alternative to what seemed gray area that crossed over between the Faith aspect of a religious-based theology, and a Faith aspect of a working criteria of the mind itself.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 04:57:00 pm »

Posted By: Intent_Analysis
On: February 05, 2008, 02:29:44 PM

I find that plcing psychic shields around yourself tends to deaden the effects of Karma on those that would act against you.  In the favor of justice in unreality, I recommend no shields whatsoever.  Simply use the power of Prayer, to whatever deity you revere and respect, to ensure that you are never stretched beyond your means.

It is the actions of others which grants us the strength of our soul.  In effect, whenever you are damaged, your psychic skin grows back tougher and thicker.

Make no mistake, the pain is very real, and often you can lose many things, and people as well.  But, as Aleister Crowley said, "A Good magician always assumes the Universe acts exactly as it should."

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: