AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:21:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Skills In Relation To Age? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Skills In Relation To Age?  (Read 17141 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: February 06, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »

Transfered From Suscitatio Forum
Posted By: Merticus
On: February 08, 2008, 08:01:57 PM

Have you noticed that your proficiency with energy manipulation has increased, decreased, or remained the same in relationship to your age?

To what do you attribute this change, if any?

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:29:20 PM »

Posted By: NyteMuse
On: February 08, 2008, 08:12:50 PM

Have you noticed that your proficiency with energy manipulation has increased, decreased, or remained the same in relationship to your age?

In a sense, it's gotten harder as I've gotten older.  Now, I'm nowhere near ancient...not even into my 30s yet, but I look at the stuff I'm studying now and being very frustrated because I remember being able to do it when I was a kid, but I keep reaching and reaching and it's not coming.

I attribute to the change to the loss of innocence.  When I didn't know how it worked, I did it naturally and in the easiest way possible.  Now that I know how things are supposed to work in the world, I impose rules that just plain don't need to be there.  I still catch myself doing that.  I'll work day after day on evocation or something, and then my friend (who's not on this board) will catch me doing it unconsciously and say "See, you CAN do it" and when I realize what I'm doing, I start to analyze and lose it.  Like when you take a kid's training wheels off the bike and let go of the back and they don't notice *chuckle*

Wheee!!!

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 12:30:19 PM »

Posted By: Jade
On: February 08, 2008, 08:28:45 PM

Things seem to be getting easier for me over time, but that's probably just because I've been practicing more.  I wish I could've gotten into it at a younger age.

My younger brother seems to catch onto things more quickly, though.  He helped me with a micro-tk experiment once and well... Jade was pwned.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »

Posted By: WhiteWolf
On: February 08, 2008, 08:56:00 PM

It has become easier for me also. I find it comes more naturally to me, then it did say 10 years ago. Although, when I was a kid I had more dreams that came true. I guess my creative side was better back then.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 12:32:25 PM »

Posted By: Tonic
On: February 10, 2008, 06:34:37 PM

Easier I think,
My awakening was recent so Vampirism to me is a new label.
I have studied metaphysical things for more than 30 years.
I journeyed onto the path of magic about 10 years ago.
Each new thing I learn seems to tie things together a little better.

Many things become habits and seemingly take less or no at all work to do. That makes it hard to say anything absolutely for sure.

It could be things are easier because I have accepted them to be part of me.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »

Posted By: WingedWolfPsion
On: February 10, 2008, 09:09:20 PM

I continue learning and developing my abilities, which naturally causes them to continue to improve, so I cannot assign any of that to my age.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:34:20 PM »

On: February 11, 2008, 12:19:24 PM

I think it kind of goes without saying that skills improve with practice (well, good practice, at least).  My point in responding earlier was that these type of skills seem to come more naturally to younger folks.  I have taught adults, I have taught youths...the youths usually grasp the subtle skills much faster IME because of the naivete or innocence about the way things should work in the world, based on science or reason.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »

On: February 11, 2008, 04:30:29 PM

I've taught adults and youths, too.  I've found that adults are less likely to give up after 3 weeks and go back to playing video games. <lol>
I haven't found they progress any slower or faster.  There's such a HUGE disparity in aptitude and progress rates between individuals, it would be almost impossible to find an age correlation.  Teens are the worst, though, their abilities are unstable until they get into their 20s, so judging their progress rate is even harder.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 12:36:17 PM »

On: February 11, 2008, 06:15:04 PM

I've taught adults and youths, too.  I've found that adults are less likely to give up after 3 weeks and go back to playing video games. <lol>

LOL...very very true.  Short attention spans abound (although I've seen it in some adults as well *grin*)

I haven't found they progress any slower or faster.  There's such a HUGE disparity in aptitude and progress rates between individuals, it would be almost impossible to find an age correlation.  Teens are the worst, though, their abilities are unstable until they get into their 20s, so judging their progress rate is even harder.

I think part of the factor is commitment.  As pointed out above, a lot of kids might not take commitment too seriously, whereas adults might.  And obviously, having a strong desire to be there will make things better in the long run.  It's just seemed to be that you take your average child and your average adult and ask them both to make a construct, the child will have a semi-sentient imaginary friend in a few minutes and the adult is still trying to wrap zir brain around this creating-life thing.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »

On: February 11, 2008, 10:03:10 PM

I think it just depends on the individual child, and the individual adult--and their inherent talents.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 12:38:20 PM »

Posted By: enntross
On: February 15, 2008, 02:23:28 PM

The old is not a factor of the energy's increment. The conscience is the fisrt cause of the progress and it should be work to look for your own truth and take a conscience of your skills^^

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »

On: February 15, 2008, 04:25:58 PM

Conscience?  Are you sure that's the word you meant?  Ethics can and should be applied to one's energy working, but it's not a necessary part of energy working.  Infants of course have no conscience, but some do display ability, though it usually goes dormant, then re-awakens when they're a bit older.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »

Posted By: Intent_Analysis
On: February 15, 2008, 05:42:09 PM

Teachers and proselytisers.

But do any of you learn?

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »

Posted By: Tonic
On: February 15, 2008, 10:16:34 PM

Who is the benevolent teacher?
            OR
What is YOUR definition of learning?

You speak from a vantage point of anger...
That is not a place to teach anything useful from.

Relax and try again, I'll listen.
T

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »

Posted By: CerebralAssassin
On: February 18, 2008, 10:40:21 AM

As far as relation to age it is easier now, because we use and develop our abilities more everyday.

As far as teachers they should learn from all and can even learn from students and should never be arrogant enough to think that their way is the only way and the right way, because everyone can learn something from everyone else.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: