AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2019, 02:39:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Leeching Other's Skills 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Leeching Other's Skills  (Read 3213 times)
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« on: September 09, 2008, 02:05:58 pm »

Ok. I dont really know how to describe this.

I tend to draw skills from other people. Well more like leech. The longer I stay around someone, whatever their greatest skill is (if I want it) I tend to subconsciously "leech" it from them. The more time with that person the better I become at whatever it is they are good at. And the worse they become. Is this a gift? Or a curse? Or nothing?
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 12:08:24 am »

Does the source of your skill become less skillful as you become more skillful?

If the answer is no, and you are a curious person than I would say its a gift.

Your doing no harm and gaining what I hope is a useful skill.

I think its a common occurrence when 2 people spend a lot of time together.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 12:16:38 am »

Uh, yea. They do become less skillful but not by much. And if I spend time away from the person then it starts to fade and I can feel it leave. But I can't control it. Also it never completely leaves. And if I have acquired it once before and I return to being around that person and wanting their skill it returns quite quickly. As though I am attuned to it.
ariesffa1500
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 03:18:09 pm »

That sounds pretty nifty. Don't come hang around me though, there's no telling what you would get from me.

From whence we have come do we once again return. Life and Death are integral parts of the same whole, without one the other does not exist.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Such is true, thus knowledge is power so knowledge corrupts and absolute knowledge corrupts absolutely.
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 09:15:02 pm »

That sounds pretty nifty. Don't come hang around me though, there's no telling what you would get from me.

And that right there is why I normally keep it secret
Azoth
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 08:07:33 pm »

You may not be leeching but perhaps feeling the effect of an amplifier?

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think!!
Soulshroude
Level 4 Contributor

A whisper in the wind, heard in the dead of night

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 04:49:35 am »

Could just be your mind paying more attention to the skill that your company (friends, family, etc.) have.  The mind pays more attention to detail then one thinks.  Being around the same person for a long time as posted, this is expected.  Hell, I hang around a few people with the same trade in mind and I have learned a great deal from them just by being around them and not actively using the trade for myself.  I wouldn't call this leaching, more like learning on the subconscious level.

Now, if you only hung around them for let us say, half an hour then you some how developed the skill after that... then I would question it.

"Those of whom hath commited a fault, shall be given the chance to redeem themselves." ~Faust~

"To labor under a dilusion of grandeur will, as time allows.. corrupt." ~Soulshroude~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: