AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  Dreams & Visions (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Dreams Of Someone Who Has Passed On 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dreams Of Someone Who Has Passed On  (Read 9201 times)
Oculus
Level 2 Contributor

They are coming.

« on: November 05, 2008, 03:46:42 AM »

So, I had this dream last night... I was looking in the mirror and then on the mirror a picture of my grandfather appeared. I picked it up then suddenly he was standing in front of me in a lounge looking area. We sat down and started talking about life, and whether or not he approved of where I was going with my life. After our discussion I gave him a hug and woke up. The thing about this dream is that it was vivid. Like, I could feel the indentations in the sweater he was wearing and even the smell of his cologne he used to wear. Right now I am a little stunned that this happened and not sure what to think.

I was here at the start. I will be here at the end.
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:07:42 AM »

Having dreams of someone who has pasted on is not unusual I think there are two possible reasons with same result you needed to be comforted by this person or reassured by your own sub conscious or by an actual visit from the person if it is a loved one they want you to be comforted to be happy or to let you know they are okay where they are

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:51:11 PM »

you can learn a lot about someone if you know what they dream of. I agree with arya. I have never had a loved one pass on just yet so I have no idea what the experience is like to be visited in a dream like that =/
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »

My grandfather passed away about 2 years ago, maybe 3, dont remember; but about a month after he died, he appeared in my dreams about 4 times to this day. Usually just asks how's it going with my life. Pretty much checking on me, really. My belief is.. it's not something yer subconscious would cook up however much potential it can do so, it's actually spiritual in nature.
MaxDarknessOfNight
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 03:35:39 PM »

My grandfather passed away about 2 years ago, maybe 3, dont remember; but about a month after he died, he appeared in my dreams about 4 times to this day. Usually just asks how's it going with my life. Pretty much checking on me, really. My belief is.. it's not something yer subconscious would cook up however much potential it can do so, it's actually spiritual in nature.
I agree. And I also always thought that its a way that whoever it is that has passed on can comfort you through hard times. It also tells you that you are not alone. If you have heard this before, my apologies. I have never had this experience myself that I know of. Cause I have had many dreams and actually small premonitions. They are rare but they happen.
Sometimes people show up in dreams that have already passed on to show you how to get through whatever difficulties lie ahead.
If you think you need more insite then let me know. I May be able to help.

You Need Death In Order To Live. Deal with it.
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 03:24:03 PM »

Thanks for the offer. If it ever happens to ya after a loved one of yers passes away, ya can ask around those who were close to that person to make sure. That's how I confirmed with my grandpa. Also, ya might be interested with a book by James Van Praagh called Ghosts Among Us. It goes into some detail with loved ones passed away visiting and all. It's quite enlightening.
MaxDarknessOfNight
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »

Thanks for the offer. If it ever happens to ya after a loved one of yers passes away, ya can ask around those who were close to that person to make sure. That's how I confirmed with my grandpa. Also, ya might be interested with a book by James Van Praagh called Ghosts Among Us. It goes into some detail with loved ones passed away visiting and all. It's quite enlightening.

Huh. I might just look for that book. Sounds interesting. Probably would help a friend of mine too. Her friend died a while back and she told  me he had been in her dreams several times.

You Need Death In Order To Live. Deal with it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: