AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2022, 05:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  How Do You Find A Donor? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: How Do You Find A Donor?  (Read 35026 times)
Giselle
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 07:01:09 PM »

Gamael,
I am a member of a couple of sites where you can place an ad or look at ads of donors looking to donate. http://pranalerians.ning.com/ and http://vampspace.ning.com/group/donorbank. My sang actual found me. He like somethings I had written. We started discussing different things and he just asked me. It takes awhile to find a donor. Upside of that is the more you know about the donor the better you can see if you and the donor can click.
Kaiya Shadow
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 03:58:00 AM »

I've been looking for one for ages. But I use to move around so often, it was hard even making friends, let alone ones you could really talk to. But all that's changed šause I'm 18 now, in charge of my own life for once! (Heh, Already posted that somewhere else, so sorry if I sound like a broken record :p). I live in Auckland, and am actively searching for a donor (sang).
But yeah, it helps to meet vampires in your area first (if there are any) and then meet their friends and donors, and their donor's friends etc Eventually you may find someone who would like to donate, even if it ends up just being a one off time, it's better than none at all.

And hey Gamael, I remeber chatting to you on another board about your tattoo (ages ago)- before you got it- it turned out great, love it! Cheesy

~K
de libre
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »

I went to Auckland, NZ a few years ago I LOVE IT! I am seriously thinking about when everything is said and done moving out of the US years later and moving there. If I do we will have to meet up ^^
audrianna
BANNED
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 09:40:54 PM »

wow ur hair is so cool! ^^ (yes i am very lame)

I see your shadow so I know,
That they're all wrong.
Moonlight on the soft brown earth,
It leads me to where you lay.
They took you away from me,
But now I'm taking you home.
Pixxydoesnotbite
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 02:10:30 AM »

i live in the atlanta area and actually am willing to donate; however, i would request psi feeding in return.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 01:39:31 PM »

i'm so glad im a hybrid because your right finding sang donors is a bitch but i am looking if thier are any people in the canton area that would like to done i would honored but i need proff that in the form of test results and such i would happy to be someones "vampire" if you will.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 01:42:09 PM »

also if depending on how you wish to donate i would prefer that my donor do the cutting and or incision that kind of thing dosen't sit well with me

Meja yht mad meja.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »

if anyone contacts me make sure to message me personally or i probably won't see it.

Meja yht mad meja.
MadHouseMauly
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »

Gamael,
I am a member of a couple of sites where you can place an ad or look at ads of donors looking to donate. http://pranalerians.ning.com/ and http://vampspace.ning.com/group/donorbank. My sang actual found me. He like somethings I had written. We started discussing different things and he just asked me. It takes awhile to find a donor. Upside of that is the more you know about the donor the better you can see if you and the donor can click.

thank you for the links, i am looking to donate
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 02:27:56 PM »

your donateing, are you only a therian

Meja yht mad meja.
MadHouseMauly
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 02:42:34 PM »

your donateing, are you only a therian

i actually need to donate for medical reasons, i have a genetic blood disorder* called hemochromatosis, meaning my body absorbs too much iron and the overload of iron starts to accumulate in my organs and joints and melt them - bloodletting is the main way of controlling it.  it is especially beneficial to anaemics.
this would be my first time donating, i am accustomed (and prefer) to being the drinker so this is a total reversal for me, i guess this is where the universe lets me know that i should be giving back Wink

*actually it evolved because of my ancestors lack of iron available in the local diet so the body evolved to absorb more than it normally would - but in modern america, where iron is added to everything it becomes a huge problem.
MadHouseMauly
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 03:00:45 PM »

i should add in this

it is perfectly safe it just has a lot of iron in it, so it is best for those with low or normal iron absorption levels.
the normal person only absorbs about 13% of the iron they intake thru food, etc.  a person with genetic hemochromatosis absorbs above 15% of the iron they intake.  my personal absorption level is all the way up at 76% so, if i don't bloodlet then i get ill because the liver cannot process that level of iron so it sends it back into the body to be stored in the organs and joints. those soft tissues cannot take large quantities of heavy metals (such as iron).

so as long as the person drinking it is not also a hemochromatic (and you would know if you were) then there is no danger to the drinker - also hereditary hemochromatosis is not catching.  i am happy to get blood tests done to show those that might be interested in partaking (i always require full blood workups of those that donate to me).  as i have mentioned, i am a sanguinarian but have to be very picky about the donor because of my iron issues, as if being a sanguinarian wasn't already enough of a social hurdle Wink
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 11:29:07 AM »

thanks I will try to talk it over with the two open minded people I know. If that fails then I will try to hang out with the BDSM people. I am not really into the kind of stuff though.

BDSMers aren't that bad.  I find they're rather fun/sarcastic and open to just about anything.  If they make you feel forced to do anything, find another crowd.  fetlife.com is great for this.  The crowd I was running with for a bit was really open, and then I started feeling forced to "play" so I stopped going. Smiley  Just be safe, I guess, is what I'm trying to say.
thaidwen
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 08:48:21 AM »

well if my "friends won't accept me for what I am then they aren't friends and as for other people.....I will just have to learn to read them better.

honestly, sometimes you need to respect another person's, even your friend's, beliefs and/or level of openmindedness. sometimes i look back at when i told my friends about everything, and i see it as very selfish. they were traumatized and it enevitably led to harrassment in my highschool. it was myself who needed someone else to know, they didnt need to know about me. i lost a few friends who have recently come forward and apologized, but even now i just dont go there. alot of needless drama, really.

at the same time, when you meet someone who will accept you, youll know. feel it out first, be hypothetical. "ive been reading this book, and theres some off stuff theyve been saying. you ever heard of people thinking they were vampires?"

a descrete, respectful, and sensitive approach will get you alot further in the long run.
TwiceShy
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »

I'm in the Atlanta area and find that I'm very much drawn to the concept of being a sang donor.  I'd definitely like to experience the pleasure of having someone feeding off me and drawing sustenance from my body.  I'd prefer to be cut (or work up to cutting myself) and let my vampire feed directly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: