AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2022, 06:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  How Do You Find A Donor? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: How Do You Find A Donor?  (Read 35027 times)
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« on: September 12, 2008, 11:52:04 PM »

how would I go about finding a donor. all my friends would either see me differently and not hang out with me anymore ( I dont seriously consider these my friends just people I know) or be afraid. I am not exactly surrounded by people who are open minded.
ClayCat
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 02:03:50 PM »

My donor kind of found me.

I'm a frequent contributor on another board, where I'm friends with the main admin. A donor there was with another vampire, and when that didn't work out the admin suggested that she contact me.

I live in a large metropolitan area, though. If you live in a smaller town, it might be harder to hook up.
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

I live in canton GA. I can get to Atlanta in 30 minutes. I just don't know very many open minded people.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:41:21 AM »

Sang or Psi donor?
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:26:23 PM »

sang
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:25 AM »

Finding a Sang donor is bitch.
In my experience, it has to be:

1) someone you already know and trust as sang feeding is essentially dangerous due to all sorts of things other than energy that can be transmitted; its unlikely you'll find someone who doesn't know who/ what you are saying "sure, cut me*, sounds fun" that you'd WANT to sang feed from

OR

2) someone's kink which comes up in a conversation about such things ... this is one reason sangs tend to hang out with the bdsm lifestyler's so much: there's not a whole lot of other places "hey can I cut you*" goes over even remotely well

---Mal

* feel free to replace "cut" with "stab with a lancet", etc for whatever means you use to draw blood
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 05:48:51 PM »

thanks I will try to talk it over with the two open minded people I know. If that fails then I will try to hang out with the BDSM people. I am not really into the kind of stuff though.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 09:46:34 PM »

If its not your scene, don't make yourself uncomfortable - people pick up on that and may get the wrong impression.

I was just listing my path of least resistance solutions, as always your mileage may vary.

---Mal
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 01:39:18 AM »

Oh no I fit in with all different people so its no big deal. I am really easy to get along with. and it takes a lot to make me uncomfortable.
Stellar
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 01:09:43 PM »

Oh no I fit in with all different people so its no big deal. I am really easy to get along with. and it takes a lot to make me uncomfortable.

It really isn't you that would be uncomfortable. It is difficult to gauge how this subject will be taken by others. Some people who claim to be fabulously open minded may not be able to handle this subject matter.
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 03:27:28 PM »

well if my "friends won't accept me for what I am then they aren't friends and as for other people.....I will just have to learn to read them better.
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »

You are absolutely right Gamael if your friends don't except you that way you are then they are not true friends and Stellar you are right you will never know how people will react no matter how well you think you know them or how open minded they are

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
amber mallis
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 11:33:07 PM »

well if my "friends won't accept me for what I am then they aren't friends and as for other people.....I will just have to learn to read them better.

I am also afraid of telling others about "my cravings," but I am now becoming ill from lack of it for so very long-so NEVER wait unless you know that you can.
You are right. Though, if your friends are uncomfortable with it, just apologize and say that you thought that they would "accept you for what you are," it will make them think twice, trust me! I shouldn't be "talking," because I haven't come out of the "coffin" yet about my craving and need for blood, but I did come out about my energy need and it took them a while to think it over; so I used those words and they hugged me and said that they were sorry instead (it's a horrible way to tell friends about something, but if they are thinking to yell or scream at you because you never told them this once, try to take it casually, and if all else fails, I use that saying, "sorry that you don't accept me for what I am, I'll walk away now"). I think that, if you're friends turn away from you, it can be out of "change," because if they don't know until you tell them this, they can be afraid that things will forever change from that moment that you tell them and forward, but if you explain it to them, calmly, sitting or doing something casual, they will probably listen and become comfortable with it in some time.
audrianna
BANNED
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »

if you ever come to ohio i would be happy to be ur donor!

I see your shadow so I know,
That they're all wrong.
Moonlight on the soft brown earth,
It leads me to where you lay.
They took you away from me,
But now I'm taking you home.
FODO
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »

lol Should u ever stop by oklahoma. I would be happy to be a donor. If my vampire will let me that is. lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: