AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2020, 11:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Drama & The Community 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Drama & The Community  (Read 3227 times)
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: August 08, 2008, 07:49:55 PM »

So, as I mentioned a week or so ago, I'd mention my thoughts on drama and the community.
Do note that these are wholly my opinion and may or may not be endorsed by other members of the AVA.
I've waited a bit to post this as I don't want it to seem directed at anyone currently posting considering much of it is actually reminiscing on days in the old RVnoRP room on AOL.

The cascade effect of stupidity in the community:

1) Stupidity creates drama - in whatever venue be they clubs, chat rooms, message boards, whatever the flavor of stupidity
2) Tolerance for stupidity encourages its growth - we generally don't want to come across as assholes, this is occasionally a fatal flaw as it encourages people to continue being dumb, especially if they are the sorts who want attention.
3) Critical mass of drama becomes self-sustaining - drama llamas begin to compete about who has the worst problems/ biggest dick/ hottest harem/ whatever ...
4) Generally intelligent folks attempt to intervene or communicate with the llamas, hoping to stave off the inevitable - futile as generally they are there not to cooperate, but to get whatever amusement / attention they desire and move on to the next group ...
5) The reasonable folks abandon ship - no point in trying to speak intelligently to people who try to convince you that they regularly beat Napoleon in chess, taught Kublai Khan the art of war and had Paul Bunyon as their axe-caddy, but can't quite master the tricky art of grammar or explain why their IP is generally a highschool library.
6) The drama llamas have the forum/ venue/ chat to themselves for a time ... generally until they get bored talking to themselves and find some other group to latch onto.
7) The former regulars come out of hiding to see if the idiots have left and swear to never allow such stupidity to occur again ...
8) The regs slowly fade out and are replaced by those who have less experience, never suspecting until ... Stupidity Occurs ... rinse wash & repeat ...

Now I'm not saying there aren't people out there that generally need help.
Some of them we may even be able to help.

I'm saying I can't count how many claims of "Hunters" or other dumb shit has shown over the years or how many "us vs. them" conversations were ultimately about people trying for either attention or personal influence/ acceptance.
The pagan community has the same issue, they just get to be a bit more mainstream and at least some of the drama llamas are hot chicks dancing around a fire... when you're drunk and watching that, its almost worth putting up with their crap.
Almost.

This post brought to you by our good friends at Cruzan and the letter H.

---Mal
Chosen of Bacchus ...
  ...Member of House AVA ...
     ...Former Bearer of the Wise and Benevolent Coat ...
        ... & Humility Incarnate™
arcane
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 07:08:49 AM »

I have noticed that some folks like to incite upset and chaos. And they use drama to create it.

In forums, these folks put lots of emos into their text so it affects others, which starts flamewars, hurt feelings, etc. I find that simply by shielding myself I'm able to ignore the emos. Also a good way to diffuse the viral aspect of those posts is to remove the energy from them, which makes them neutral.

In live chat, it's more difficult to affect these people's text or words, so I tend to simply reach to the instigators and shield them off from the world, which stops them from affecting others. Also I often ground their flaring emo energy and then flood their chakras with love. It takes just a moment for me, and has a lasting effect on them.

For my channel and forum, I don't allow drama, and I encourage all communities to become 'drama-free' as much as possible. I do congratulate AVA for keeping that beast to a minimum.

Cheers!

AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 10:19:38 AM »

I think some people feed on the negative and they find other negative people and they simple feed off of each other in a kind of group creating as much drama they can Society is always quick to jugde and to accuse how many innocent people have been killed in history I avoid negative people for that reason they want drama they want to make confrontations as society we can all be positive then there would be no balance

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
arcane
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »

Yes it's amazing how many untrained psi-vamps feed on energy they create from drama.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: