AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 08:46:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  05.17.13 - Dateline NBC - Hansen’s ‘Undercover Investigation’ Real Life Vampires 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 05.17.13 - Dateline NBC - Hansen’s ‘Undercover Investigation’ Real Life Vampires  (Read 5021 times)
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« on: May 18, 2013, 01:33:45 am »

http://merticus.com/vampirenews/2013/05/18/dateline-nbc-chris-hansens-sting-operation-on-real-life-vampires/

Dateline NBC - Chris Hansen Meets 'Real Life' Vampire
May 17, 2013 @ 8:00 PM ET

If you or someone you know have posted solicitations on Vampire/Donor websites seeking donors then you should really watch the program that came out earlier this evening on Dateline NBC – it aired nationally in the United States.  Chris Hansen and his colleagues contact three unsuspecting ‘real vampires’ who are seeking donors and arrange meetings with undercover reporters posing as potential donors.  These vampires are filmed with hidden cameras and then when the undercover reporter leaves the room the ‘real vampires’ are confronted by Chris Hansen and asked questions about vampirism, blood drinking, and how they source blood from humans and animals.  Is this an 'undercover investigation' or a throwback to his canceled series "To Catch A Predator" . . . "To Catch A Vampire"?  There are potentially serious real-world implications to outing individuals as self-identified real vampires to a viewership of close to seven million.

Full Video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/29nMPlT3qY4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/29nMPlT3qY4</a>

Dateline NBC Link:
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/51907411

Zeratul
Level 2 Contributor

From the Shadows we come to Rescue of the Light.

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 01:34:20 am »

This bodes not well. Especially for someone in my predicament, who must at all times remain under the radar. Talk about scaring the life out of you and making it that much harder for those of us who rarely feed to want to go out and "hunt". We as vampire, get enough bad publicity as it is or the Hollywood publicity such as from "Twighlight" or "True Blood" or even "The Lost Boys" or is that showing too much of my age?
It seems to me we are being hunted by this fellow. I am just glad that, at least, for now he is not in my area. Things are complicated enough as it is without tossing a reporter and cameras into the mix. My advice to those in his area is to be extremely careful. If he truly wants to expose us, then he needs to immerse himself into our "world" and see what it is like to be here. While I doubt it would stop him from "hunting" us, I think it may make him think twice about exposing all of what we are. Then you have those who would do him harm just for poking around. As I said, this bodes not well for the community as a whole.

The Shadows are as always, my one and only true friend. And of course my Pearl.
RedKatt
Level 2 Contributor

sang, female, 40 something, ESL

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:48:52 pm »

My gut feeling is this guy dosn't want the truth about us, he wants to prove his fiction. I don't think our reality is in fact interesting enough.
Zeratul
Level 2 Contributor

From the Shadows we come to Rescue of the Light.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 11:26:46 pm »

My gut feeling is this guy dosn't want the truth about us, he wants to prove his fiction. I don't think our reality is in fact interesting enough.

I would have to agree with you on that guess. I know my instincts are screaming at me to avoid such sites now. Or maybe it is because of my current situation that I am being overly paranoid?

The Shadows are as always, my one and only true friend. And of course my Pearl.
Rose
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:01:39 pm »

I saw this and I was horrified. These people aren't doing anything illegal. To treat them in this manner for ratings is inexcusable.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: