AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2017, 09:22:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19893 Posts in 2599 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] Forum Info  |  Troubleshooting | Suggestions | Site Issues (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  App? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: App?  (Read 7859 times)
Librek33
Level 2 Contributor

« on: July 09, 2013, 05:40:27 am »

Would it be possible to have a smart phone app published for the community by AVA? Possibly having a mobile-friendly forum system, and maybe some other functions with the vamp community as the target demographic as far as what else to include in its function. Perhaps make it a $0.99 app to benefit suscitato?

-Librek
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:33:04 pm »

Building a mobile app costs about $500, and even then it's not very good. For any noticeable quality to the work, you're looking at about $1,000 and three years of work.

Baldur, guard me, that the blows of my enemies may ne'er find purchase gainst the shield of my faith in Asgard. Tyr, guide that my hand be steady and my blade strike true and swift at the enemies of the Allfather.
AVA Staff
Administrator
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:30:40 pm »

We've discussed mobile app development in the past but given our current financial shortfall on web hosting and other yearly costs at present this simply isn't something we're willing to consider at this time.  If, or when, we are able to break even on our yearly operating costs instead of going into the red as we've been doing each year we'll then be in a position to consider future projects.
Librek33
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 03:40:21 pm »

I understand fully the hurdles of low finances, I was uneducated on the cost/process.

-Librek
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 01:23:12 pm »

I tried to build a mobile app once. The programming itself is a massive nightmare with the nigh infinite variables one has to account for in order to accommodate the various types of phone.

Baldur, guard me, that the blows of my enemies may ne'er find purchase gainst the shield of my faith in Asgard. Tyr, guide that my hand be steady and my blade strike true and swift at the enemies of the Allfather.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: