AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2022, 05:44:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Long And Short Term Effects Of Not Feeding 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Long And Short Term Effects Of Not Feeding  (Read 5600 times)
Zeratul
Level 2 Contributor

From the Shadows we come to Rescue of the Light.

« on: April 23, 2013, 05:27:34 AM »

Ok so here is the deal. I have been without feeding for quite a long while (no I will not go into detail). The purpose of this thread is to attempt to catalog the effects of going without feeding in the short term and then also in the long term. I have experience in both areas. For the purposes of this thread Short Term is 6 months or less, Mid Term is 6 to 18 months and Long Term is greater than 18 months. Yes I am aware my perception of time is a bit skewed but those time frames make sense to me.

Short Term effects: irritability, restlessness, insomnia, sleeping too much, constantly feeling hunger even when full, shakes, muscle cramps, goosebumps, clammy skin, (for now thats what I can remember)

Mid Term: Same as short term plus feeling of incompleteness, loss of mental capacity, metabolism in over-drive, constant need to eat, sensitivity to sunlight, increased allergy sensitivity in general, headaches constantly, "strange" dreams (I dream in blood when I do dream), lack of fulfillment feeling, lethargy, twitchy reaction times, heightened senses, increased medical issues (example blood sugar issues), increased aura output of "predatory mode" (mundanes perceive you as more of a predator without you realizing it and will avoid you if possible), I've also had a loss of healing capability however my resistance to toxins and disease has increased a hundred fold.

Long Term: Same as Short and Mid Terms, plus effects are still being cataloged as they happen but so far: incompleteness of self, extremely heightened senses, extreme sunlight sensitivity, dreams of blood including daydreams, jitters, super metabolism, I also seem to be healing at the rate of a mundane person maybe even a little slower, feeling "old", and other effects will be known as i figure them out and get them on here.

That is just a list of the effects I can remember of the last few years. I don't know how many of you go very long without feeding but should you choose or be forced to starve then at least you have an idea of what you might be able to expect. I have also noticed that I am able to go without sleep for longer periods of time after I have fed and taken that first sleep of feeding. For now though I am an insomniac.

The Shadows are as always, my one and only true friend. And of course my Pearl.
RedKatt
Level 2 Contributor

sang, female, 40 something, ESL

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »

you auto vamping at all?

its when you taste your own blood in your mouth as your body is attacking itself. Can get sores in your mouth. The other thing I know people report is bad acid reflux
Zeratul
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:18:40 AM »

No. I've very little left in the way of reserves. If I wasn't such a stubborn bastard I'd probably have starved to death by now. And yes I am familiar with it, but as I have acid reflux anyways well fed or not to me there is no difference.

you auto vamping at all?

its when you taste your own blood in your mouth as your body is attacking itself. Can get sores in your mouth. The other thing I know people report is bad acid reflux

RedKatt
Level 2 Contributor

sang, female, 40 something, ESL

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 05:12:45 PM »

Any reason why you are doing this to yourself?
curt
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »

You  got that right Cry

Curt
Zeratul
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 01:42:09 AM »

Any reason why you are doing this to yourself?

yes but not a reason i'm willing to discuss publicly. the need to know crowd is kept small for a particular reason, not to be rude.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: