AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2022, 12:53:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Mixed | Hybrid | Shifter | Other (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Blood Drinkers - Are They Vampires? Or Not? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Blood Drinkers - Are They Vampires? Or Not?  (Read 12845 times)
Plump Black Swan
Level 3 Contributor

♥Let Flights Of Angels Sing Thee To Thy Rest♥

« on: March 29, 2013, 10:15:03 AM »

A Rerun of a television series called, "My Strange Addiction" featured a Blood Drinker called "Michelle". She drinks 7 liters and/or 14 pints of animal blood a week. She also consumes 8 gallons a month. In addition, she claims not to be a Vampire despite receiving a Human Donation once a week.
Does "Michelle" give Vampires, Donors & Lifestylers a bad name?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/21/my-strange-addiction-drink-blood-video_n_2922165.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2293871/The-real-life-vampire-Woman-admits-hooked-DRINKING-BLOOD-season-finale-My-Strange-Addiction.html

♡May your days be short & Nights everlasting♡
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 12:39:14 PM »

No, she's just a sang vampire who doesn't like the name.  How is she giving anyone a bad name?

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
SangSavvy
Level 3 Contributor

Love is Always Fate's decision.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 01:33:36 PM »

I don't think she's giving anyone a bad name either.  In fact, I think it's a much more realistic approach to what many of those in the community have been talking about for a long time, how the term "vampire" has felt like the wrong word.  It is the case that modern day vampires are very different from mythological fictional vampires, and therefore the name really isn't appropriate.   

I also wanted to state, by the way, I think they made her blood-drinking habits look really overdone....My partner was quick to point out that 7 liters a week is basically like 3 sodas a day.  I am sure many might still find this extreme or strange simply because it's blood, however I think it's just an important and helpful analogy to keep in mind for the sake of a visual. 
Zerochan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »

To me, vampire never has felt like "the wrong word".

So, with that in mind, yes. People like this who sensationalize things of national bloody television absolutely give the rest of us a bad name. How can I possibly educate others (I'm fairly open about who I am at this point in my life) if the only other exposure they've had to us is seeing nutters like this on TV?
SangSavvy
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:56:36 PM »

There's all kinds of ways to educate others, regardless of what's on TV - or perhaps, especially because of what's on TV.  It does create more awareness to some degree.  I must say, I have definitely seen people who describe themselves as vampire, and/or vampiric, on TV that have been much more...shall we say, unstable, than I believe she presented herself to be.  In fact, compared to many that I see on TV these days, she seemed downright down-to-earth.  She came across as honest, willing to talk about her experience, and did a very good job at handling the drama-starting that the producers of the show seemed to be trying desperately to create.  To call Michelle a "nutter" isn't something I myself could really agree with, based on what I've seen from the show and how I define that word. 

As far as I'm concerned, vampire has been a word that is the closest thing to what those who identify as such could use, readily.  However, "blood-drinker" definitely strips the identification of it's mythological, fictional association to a large extent. 

No matter what, there are always going to be people that misunderstand the natures of others.  Whether is blood-drinking or being gay or being a circus performer or being a musician or any other number of things, there's always people that misunderstand and blow it out of proportion, and there's others who choose to seek out educating themselves more.  The general public has certainly done this with those who identify as Gay or Lesbian, and they have already begun to learn about those who identify as vampiric and/or as a vampire.  The sooner we accept this inevitability, the easier the whole process will be. 
Plump Black Swan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 07:49:02 AM »

(I apologize for the late response due to the holidays)
Thank you SangSavvy and Zerochan. After reading both of your posts and watching the program twice, I have more of an understanding between "BloodDrinking" Fetishists and Real Blooddrinkers(SANGUINARIANS). Cool

Plump Black Swan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 08:17:05 AM »

No, she's just a sang vampire who doesn't like the name.  How is she giving anyone a bad name?

Well, it is not a coincidence that I am reading a book called "Vampires Today" and just so happen to randomly catch a segment about a Blooddrinker on "My Strange Addiction". Because I am reading that Vampires are not so fond about Fetish Blood Drinkers, phony internet Vampires, Posers, close mindedness, gamers, etc.......so I though, Hey? Is she in denial? Or is she unaware? Is it what you suggested, that she doesn't like the word "sang vampire"?
What do the members of the Alliance think? And if she gives you all a bad name, then this is something that should be addressed. So me and others like me, who want to be in the Wound Community, will know and understand.   Cool

the pink lady
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »

There are the people who liken their blood drinking/energy consumption and various other physical symptoms to vampirism and then there are the people who actually believe they're ripped-from-the-mythos vampires. If she chooses not to associate herself with vampirism or the community at-large, who are we to judge?

FB and Twitter: bloodypinklady
RedKatt
Level 2 Contributor

sang, female, 40 something, ESL

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »

A litre a day seems like a lot but this is not the first time I have heard of this.
I understand it that the more blood you drink the more you need.
Zeratul
Level 2 Contributor

From the Shadows we come to Rescue of the Light.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 04:40:32 AM »

She sounds to me like a fetishist for blood drinking. But she could be just denying aspects of what she is. Who is to really know without meeting her and getting to know her in person. Either way we are not to judge as we are persecuted and judged enough as it stands. I will admit that I am a bit jealous of her amounts of blood she gets from a human donor and how often. Wish I was that lucky.

The Shadows are as always, my one and only true friend. And of course my Pearl.
SangSavvy
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »

It's not a human donor, it's primarily animal blood from the butcher shop.

You can watch the episode in full here:

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/player/sockshare.php?id=07ACC7FEB453BC84

I advise watching it on a browser other than IE, and having this installed to block all ads:

http://www.adblockplus.org

curt
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 05:53:22 PM »

to each his owen

Curt
curt
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 06:00:04 PM »

Please avoide my last postli
 Shocked

Curt
curt
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 06:03:40 PM »

Sangs are real vampiers i  am  a sang

Curt
Plump Black Swan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »

A litre a day seems like a lot but this is not the first time I have heard of this.
I understand it that the more blood you drink the more you need.
Really?! I did not know that! Because, I often eat lamb or beef 1/2 raw 1/2 cooked. Not medium rare. I cook it just enough to kill the bacteria only. And I find it absolutely scrumptious!!! And I want more and more. Well.............that explains everything!  Cool

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: