AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2019, 05:48:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Christianity | Christian Mysticism | Enochian | Gnosticism | Hermeticism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Yes. I Am A Christian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Yes. I Am A Christian  (Read 50295 times)
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2010, 03:10:23 pm »

Religioun has nothing to do with how you live Religioun is based upon an idea and is made for other to believe and some follow it blindly.
If looking for whom you really are you don't need Religioun to do that.
You are who you are how you act upon it is completely up to you.
watch your words "nightchild"

Everyone has the right to believe as they wish. Being a Christian myself, I believe in free will. Night is exercising his own free will, and I see no fascists in residence here. Do you?

I hope that you had a great Holiday. *hugs for you*

believing in your own way is completely different than speaking slander of others beliefs which is what he did. calling any one religion that says they have a god or multiple gods is based upon an idea is slanderous to them. also saying that is is for others to follow blindly is an ignorant statement. Although many do follow religions blindly it isn't because the religion was made for them to do so they just refuse to look deeper into it themselves.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2010, 01:09:04 pm »

Well put personally believe just like everything else there is not just one answer to any question like religion i do not believe for one sec tat there is one religion is right but a combonation of certain religions that would answer everyones questions.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2010, 03:10:12 pm »

all those ideas had to come from somewhere.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2010, 04:04:14 pm »

Exactly, they cant all be wrong.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Stellar
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2010, 12:06:31 pm »

Quote from: Gamael [/quote

believing in your own way is completely different than speaking slander of others beliefs which is what he did. calling any one religion that says they have a god or multiple gods is based upon an idea is slanderous to them. also saying that is is for others to follow blindly is an ignorant statement. Although many do follow religions blindly it isn't because the religion was made for them to do so they just refuse to look deeper into it themselves.

INMHO there isn’t anything wrong with what Night originally wrote. No slander was spoken here. Though, I have no idea who he would have been slandering. ;-)

Since I know Bart (he's been posting here since 2006), and know that English is not his first language (not to say that he doesn't write well, he really and truly does speak/ write excellently), I’ll break down his post to show you, and translate a bit. Perhaps, that will help.

Religioun has nothing to do with how you live Religioun is based upon an idea. and is made for other to believe

All religion is based on an abstract idea. People breathe life into the ideas that they believe in. These ideas are set into the wind, where they set fire to the hearts and minds of many. The reason why this occurs is because, people NEED to build self constructs and schemas from/around these ideas, so that they can understand the world around them. And yes, faith is based on the belief that an idea has merit, and is in some way true.

So, what Night wrote is a given. I see nothing wrong in the quoted text.

and some follow it blindly.

There are indeed some people who follow it blindly. Think about the people who died in Jones Town and Waco, etc.

If looking for whom you really are you don't need Religioun to do that.

Translation: If you are looking to find yourself, you do not need religion to do that.

All Bart is saying is that people should look within themselves to find out who they are. All the answers you or anyone else needs can be found within. Introspection is good.

You are who you are how you act upon it is completely up to you

This should be a cut and dry statement.

Here's a translation:  Everyone here is an individual. Each of you are who you are. Religion does not define you. You govern your own actions, and are accountable for your own actions. 

I see absolutely no fault in his logic, nor do I see how any of you could have taken this wrongly. He was in no way knocking anyone's faith. If anything, I believe he was just stating the obvious.

I say this a lot, but when reading posts, you must read between the lines, or else misunderstandings are likely to occur. Adding in emotions can sway perception quite a bit as well.

Happy New Year. :-) *hugs and love*

--Sov

Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2010, 11:44:02 pm »

INMHO there isnít anything wrong with what Night originally wrote. No slander was spoken here. Though, I have no idea who he would have been slandering. ;-)

Since I know Bart (he's been posting here since 2006), and know that English is not his first language (not to say that he doesn't write well, he really and truly does speak/ write excellently), Iíll break down his post to show you, and translate a bit. Perhaps, that will help.

Religioun has nothing to do with how you live Religioun is based upon an idea. and is made for other to believe

All religion is based on an abstract idea. People breathe life into the ideas that they believe in. These ideas are set into the wind, where they set fire to the hearts and minds of many. The reason why this occurs is because, people NEED to build self constructs and schemas from/around these ideas, so that they can understand the world around them. And yes, faith is based on the belief that an idea has merit, and is in some way true.

--Sovereign

All religion is based on an abstract idea. People breathe life into the ideas that they believe in. These ideas are set into the wind, where they set fire to the hearts and minds of many.

you follow in the slander. I needed no translation to his words. you sort of cleaned up at the end with the statement of merit but this is i copied is you saying that religion is created by a mans idea and nothing but it and his belief in it. This is slanderous to the specific religion of this post because it says that man created god not the other way around which would be saying this entire religion would be false if you are to make these statements make sure people know it is just what you believe and don't state it as though it is a fact. Just about the entirety of the religion against science war that always goes on is because science enjoys saying that through research of man they have ruled out the possibility of any religion that has a god and a creation is completely false. If they were to simply say it was their beliefs and leave religion alone it would cause a lot less strife. I am not saying it would end it but it would definately reduce the amount. I hope you see where I am coming from.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2010, 02:26:26 pm »

Gam, I think your idea of slander is a bit skewed (that and it's arguably libel, not slander if its on the internet Wink
Sort of like folks who get all offended when I spell things "xian" or "god" (instead of God).

Feel free to believe that your religion (or maybe yours + others) were divinely inspired, but others stating they don't believe that is hardly slander...

Slander would be something like "wow, how can those dipshits believe in the zombie jew story after so much evidence has been uncovered over the years to counter it?" or "of course Jesus is gay, how else do you interpret 'get the behind me and whatever thou must doest, do so quickly'?" or "You're a xian? ... so you think little kids who make fun of bald religious leaders should be killed by bears or that arranging the gang rape your daughters is better than letting folks get it on their own way?"

See the difference? Smiley

---Mal
equal opportunity offender
Stellar
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2010, 12:31:41 am »

I hope you see where I am coming from.

Not really. But I accept our differences. :-) And I respect and like you more because of them.

Have a good week.
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

Feel free to contact me for discussions.

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2010, 05:59:48 pm »

I just wanted to post this:

If vampyrism is a condition then following a set of beliefs you wish to follow or following many or simply taking from several should not be shunned no? I mean if it is a condition in which people live throughout the extent of their lives then it has no real basis in their personal religion or beliefs leaving their path open to them to choose whether to be christian or atheist. We all follow our own paths but what most of us have in common is the condition be they Christian-Vampyre or Athiest-Vampyre. Simply to learn from each other and their practices should suffice if not desiring to learn from their religious beliefs. Just wanted to toss that in maybe clarifying things for some who would say " OMG! Theres a Christian claiming Vampyre? How and why?".

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2011, 08:00:21 pm »

Oh, really, "Gamael"?  Just because no one is being burned alive or hanged publicly anymore for disagreeing with Christianity doesn't mean you should act righteous about the class warfare that's still happening all around you.  Not everyone believes in any god or gods at all, and if you truly believe that frame of mind to be closed, try to remember that some people can't even wrap their brains around the idea that there IS no "higher purpose".  Jeez, wouldn't THAT just drive ya nuts?  LOL.  What purpose could possibly be more noble than the pursuit of learning about our fellow humans?  We are, by nature, narcissisitic creatures, so of course it will be difficult for the religious to grasp that there may be more to life than their interpretation of "purpose".

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
MorganCole
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2011, 12:44:03 am »

I was raised a Christian. I rebeled when growing up and got into Wicca and Witchcraft and that advanced into other areas of the occult. I have respect for those who come out and say that they are Christian. So am I!
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2012, 07:52:16 pm »

*because Dionysus is too damn hard to pronounce when you're falling-down drunk in the honor of your god

I LOVE YOU MALORYN! 

And I, too, practice the old rites!  I'm doing it right now!~  MIMOSAS for ALL!

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »

*because Dionysus is too damn hard to pronounce when you're falling-down drunk in the honor of your god

I LOVE YOU MALORYN! 

And I, too, practice the old rites!  I'm doing it right now!~  MIMOSAS for ALL!

I'd just like to say that I wrote that over two years ago and some of my beliefs may have changed in that time...

... as I have a LOT more practice pronouncing Dionysus while falling-down drunk now Smiley

---Mal
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: