AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:45:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19791 Posts in 2524 Topics by 952 Members
Latest Member: Calfuray
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Mixed | Hybrid | Shifter | Other (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Shifting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shifting  (Read 2926 times)
Danielle
Level 2 Contributor

« on: May 26, 2011, 06:37:12 pm »

I think we all are quite aware that physical shifting not only is highly improbable and almost certainly impossible, but that doesn't mean that shifting it's self is. In fact quite the opposite. Mental shifting is what happens in place of physical shifting. It's when the balance between human and animal shifts. For example Most days I sit at a 60:40 wolf to human ratio as far as mentality goes. In certain situations that is subject to change. Before I could control it was chaotic, I'd experience an emotion then my wolf would take over and react uncontrollably. It was times like that in the beginning that were the hardest. It's all about learning how to control your animal, yourself. Learning how to maintain a balance and at times allowing yourself to "let go" and shift completely into your animal. Let yourself free. But it's touchy because you have to be in a situation where it's safe, controlled, around people you know and trust in case something goes wrong and coming back out is hard, getting back your control takes a lot of practice and a lot of strength. But it is essential. People who are experiencing their awakenings and going through their first shifts need to know that it doesn't last forever, that you aren't insane and crazy and that their are people who can help, you can talk to and ways to over come it all and grow.

The strength of the wolf is the pack. The strength of the pack is the wolf.
Alice
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 09:01:42 pm »

Well I actually wouldn't discount the idea of physical shifting out of hand.

Not some kooky claim or anything. Never done it, never seen it, never heard anyone claim it that I was really convinced of. However, the human body is already capable of a lot of things. I call nothing impossible. If the direct conversion of energy into matter is possible, then physical shapeshifting is possible. Claims of such conversion abound, from some very well regarded sources at that.

May you find what you seek,
Alice

The stars can only be seen at night.

May you never lose sight of your path, may there always be a light for  you at the journey's end, and may you find what you seek. -Alice's  Blessing

Proprietor of The Dragon and Sphinx community and shop and Art of Creation.

Visit my blog please.
Plump Black Swan
Level 3 Contributor

♥Let Flights Of Angels Sing Thee To Thy Rest♥

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:34:06 am »

Ok-Ok Ok You sort of answered my question from the other post about Therian Shifting. Maybe I should have read this post first-hand.
Still confused. Where do you go to be yourself?  Does your personality change? Are you part of a Pack? Please excuse these questions if they come across as bothersome or offensive. It's just that I am trying to separate real life from "Hollywood" in my head. I'm trying to separate the logical from the illogical. I hope you understand?  Huh?

♡May your days be short & Nights everlasting♡
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:43:21 pm »

I don't really know what advice to give folks.  I've been therian all of my life, and started shifting as early as kindergarten.  I learned to control it the way I learned to control any other actions I took, as I grew up, but I also had to learn to hide it, as I got older.  That has become reflexive, so I really am only comfortable shifting to any outwardly noticeable degree when I am alone, now.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Plump Black Swan
Level 3 Contributor

♥Let Flights Of Angels Sing Thee To Thy Rest♥

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:25:32 am »

Wow. Well. Maybe. One day. I might understand.  Sad

♡May your days be short & Nights everlasting♡
Danielle
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 05:58:18 pm »

@PBS

I am myself only when I am alone. There are only a handful of people who have seen me when I let go. My personality completely changes and depending on how far I let myself go I become more and more wolf and less and less human. Allowing the wolf to come out of the cage is a feeling that cannot be explained or understood by those who cannot let go of their humanity, the hard part sometimes is finding it again. When I shift I lose the ability to speak, I can scream and scream within my mind to talk and not a word will come across my tongue, more likely a whine or a whimper or a growl.

When I was 13 or 14 years old I started getting the hunger for the first time, the true raw blood lust to the point where I'd lock myself in my room because I couldn't control it yet. The shifts would take me by force and I'd change into a ravening beast who'd fantasize disembowelling and veraciously devouring the still warm carcasses of my family members. Those were scary days for me but I learned self control and now I can stop myself and shift at will when provoked. I knew from an early age that what I am is not human, in fact what I am is in strong opposition of humanity. 

The strength of the wolf is the pack. The strength of the pack is the wolf.
masticina
Level 3 Contributor

Rwar I am a tiger

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 08:13:02 am »

@PBS

I am myself only when I am alone. There are only a handful of people who have seen me when I let go. My personality completely changes and depending on how far I let myself go I become more and more wolf and less and less human. Allowing the wolf to come out of the cage is a feeling that cannot be explained or understood by those who cannot let go of their humanity, the hard part sometimes is finding it again. When I shift I lose the ability to speak, I can scream and scream within my mind to talk and not a word will come across my tongue, more likely a whine or a whimper or a growl.

Haven't really shifted much lately, but I agree shift far enough and you lose the ability to speak. Strangely though the dragon part is quite a speaker.. so the wolf isn't much of a speaker but the dragon. Lets just say if the dragon speaks the words are golden. I don't speak much in dragons ways.

When it comes to control, lets just say.. I and my other sides work together well. They are always "out" in part, in return I get some say in how and when shifts happen. Not a bad deal.

When I was 13 or 14 years old I started getting the hunger for the first time, the true raw blood lust to the point where I'd lock myself in my room because I couldn't control it yet. The shifts would take me by force and I'd change into a ravening beast who'd fantasize disembowelling and veraciously devouring the still warm carcasses of my family members. Those were scary days for me but I learned self control and now I can stop myself and shift at will when provoked. I knew from an early age that what I am is not human, in fact what I am is in strong opposition of humanity. 

Mmm disembowling.. eh yeah those things.. part of the feral mind as they say. One has to learn to just ya know accept that certain things are not fully within human ideals Wink makes life fun to be a bit out there to. Let I say that dragons also have a few things.. humans be happy dragons aint here.

Fear nothing but Fear itself
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: