AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 08:04:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  03.14.11 - Vampire Community Article - Armitage Soulshroude 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: 03.14.11 - Vampire Community Article - Armitage Soulshroude  (Read 51875 times)
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 08:27:15 pm »

Interesting post rose.

Validation of a label, and defining the line of what really applies is truly a subjective practice.  I think that most self claimed vamps simply employ vampiric methods, which is relatively common, even taken to the extreme, mundane.

Myself, I have never called to be a vampire.  I am aware of the methods I use, but they don't define me.  Perhaps, blood dependant bursting in the sun evolutionary anomalies exist.  I have yet to meet one.  Should that happen I would delight in the acquaintance, but for now I will have to assign them to fiction.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
deacongray
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 02:08:36 pm »

CJ! very wordy post. Once I waded through the over blown verbiage and grammar I couldn't help but to find the entire bases of your POV as amusing.  I have touched on this enough times now to make it tedious for most people, but that’s ok, I don’t mind being tedious if it gets the point across. We hold to the term Vampire because for all of it short comings as a identifier, nothing else seems to have maintained the staying power and easily draws people with these aspects of their disposition to the community. That said, what you are speaking to has nothing to do with Vampirism. I break it down like this, and as you like science it should be agreeable enough. If there is something physical in the blood that is needed, then it is physiological in nature. If it is physiological in nature, then it becomes a human deficit and thus has nothing whatsoever to do with Vampirism. I think you actually hold to the same concept more or less, however the very fact that you persist on a vampire forum, seems counter intuitive.  In order to be anything other then a human with a physiological deficit you have to drift into the unknown, and unproven, of which metaphysics is as likely a contributor as anything else.
“You see, the vampire community was supposed to be founded upon a society that was going to teach the ways of the unknown which is the vamp'i're, in a deeper meaning.” –Armitage Soulshroude

Now you stated “When it comes to claims of veracity in the context of material reality one cannot “seek their own truth.” –CJ!
This is a true enough statement but it leads back to my original statement. Once you have moved into a realm of “Material reality” you have moved into the realm of mundane medical exploration, which has its place, but which clearly isn’t vampirism.  In such a case what choices does one have but to seek out and explore other avenues such as the metaphysical, spiritual, the philosophical in nature? On any one of these paths, everyone does indeed have to “seek their own truth.”
“What is a real vampire? A miserable pile of ignorance.” –CJ!
An interesting statement as well, but so totally subjective…It could even be seen as metaphysical both of which are coming from someone who has exalted science, which is also “a miserable pile of Ignorance.”
I suppose in the end it really all depends on the disposition you are trying to really develop. It seems to me you are trying to separate your vampirism and everyone like you, from the Community, and indeed from Vampirism itself which begs the question…why are you even here?

I mean there can be little doubt that Role Playing and LARP had a major influence on the community, but you seem to suppose that there was nothing before those influences, which a basic history tells you isn’t correct.  TOS was incorporated in 1975, with the Order of The Vampire emerging in early 80s. Which is nearly a decade before VTM was even conceived. Now of course many people did jump on this aspect in the 90s, but for two reasons. One of those was that it allowed people find others by way of enjoying a role playing game, that encourage people to speak to the topic and explore it without emerging to the public. The second was it allowed people who were not involved in such organizations as the TOS to draw from the organizational elements of the structure that was already in place. Plainly this had some serious down sides, but hindsight is 20/20 the community was, at the time running full speed ahead and with blinders on.
“The truth as our selected confinement in the metaphysical/occult or fetish genres keeps us from obtaining scientific evidence. Metaphysics and the occult are as far as the psychic vampire can go in terms of their journey of self-definition as such matters are insoluble to scientific inquiry. Sanguinarians, due to the tangibility of blood, can go much further and debating useless conjecture in terms of our own condition as the psis do for theirs only stalls the quest for facts.” CJ!

This is a easily dismissed statement, and the one in which your whole thought process falls apart. Mert and the AVA are currently working up the organization to explore health and medical aspects of sang vampirism. This will include a detailed blood study, but will not be limited to such an exploration. This is a process, and consideration that I have looked into, unsuccessfully in 2007, and to which Mert started organizing into a more fully applied study starting in 2008, with the inention of going into full operation soon.

The issue with this the result and the possibility that you are completely correct. If it turns out to be a physiological issue, by the very nature of the question your vampirism and need to interact, or contribute to the community becomes moot. In the case of many Sang Vampires a real problem then arises, accept a physiological answer to be considered really sang, and thus not really a vampire, or disregard the conclusion and face that the same crap that many sangs have been leveling at Psi vamps about the significant of the medium of blood. For the Sang community this could very easily become a loose /loose scenario. As while they might find they are perfectly treatable, they move away from the community and instead simply become yet another medical entry in the latest version of the “Current”

So anyway now that I am done being Wordy myself I will conclude by asking again...why are you here?
Catori
House AVA Member
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »

Deacon, I have a theory on CJ...especially considering if I remember correctly she is attached to SW...she lives in the fantasy role playing world where she can revel in being the vampire that does not want to be and wants to be cured while trying to divide the community into those who want cures and those who do not, as is a common thing now in fictional books and shows and movies. Kind of a new twist as the vampire versus lycan thing has been overdone through the years in fictional works. Ahhhhh...romantic needs, whims, and fantasies typed up in a nifty established forum of real vampires.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 08:50:27 pm »

OOOoooooookkkk, Loong ass post, so Ill go through it, as i read it ill jot down notes.

Firstly, I cant speak in regards to all these offline houses having/pushing the BV in the 90s, but I would like to see some evidence to support this claim.

Secondly, Looove the hypocrisy from MB, shes one of the worst for plagarism and community drama.

Next, didnt bother watching seebas' vid, as hes long since proven himself another loon.

Regarding y vs e - far as Im concerned, people using y signify being RPers and wannabes. People that use e, arent.

Regarding the psi vamps - i love that particular definition, as for most Ive come across, its true.

On the other hand, regarding the psychic vamps -- I call bullshit, myself. I still hold to the adage that they are doing it for the same reason someone does something for fun - to HAVE FUN.

Now, sang vs sanguine, I have to say, the more i read this section, the more confusing this get - what exactly is trying to be said here? That those that feed off blood of any kind are different from those that actually have a donor? THis paragraph's wording makes less and less sense.

Ugh. Zaar, why did you come up with this dumbassed 'donors rights" crap? Honestly, what the hell were you trying to do, prove you can be more dramatic than the White Wolf RPG? Seriously, that shit looks like it belongs in Twilight. Common fucking sense and human decency in dealing with someone that would trust us enough to take the substantial risks, plural, in donating blood to us deserves the utmost respect, I wont argue that, but to write out a contract is just hamming it up.

Now, I tend to agree that no 'state of war' exists between psis, sangs, therians, etc. I would comment, rather wryly, that lately, more and more sangs are getting tired of the psionic nuisance that has been grating on our nerves for the last decade, and while I doubt anything along the lines of open physical combat would happen (most people are too pussy for that) I DO know that there are those out there - starting with me - that feel there is no reason to hold back verbally or intellectually when we see sheer stupidity being spouted off. To be fair, there are sangs as well that I call out when THEY are hamming it up -- see my statement to zaar as proof of this.

Heres a question, shroude - why should sangs have to prove themselves, and psis do not, hmm? NEITHER side can prove a 'need', but the sangs CAN lay claim to a confirmed, physical transfer of matter and chemical energy from one to another - psis cant.   However, I wholeheartedly agree on the notion that how we feed is the business only of ourselves and those we feed from - no reason to advertise it for ANYone else. (Hint, Hint, all you Media Whores ((TM)) Out there.)

Really, you had to go with the 'subgroups of psis"? Really? Ugh.

Oohh, so it was vyrdolak that came up with the ann-rice-esque HLV crap. OK, Ill remember who to blame for another person creating another subgroup to confuse people with.

Uhhh.. "Long black veil"? Really? This is a new one, hadnt heard of that abortion knockoff of the WW RPG setup. Indeed.

Now, its rather interesting that the religion aspect is brought up, for as things currently stand, vamps share a very key ingredient with any religious person - we take on faith that what we believe ourselves to be and be part of is true and correct. We have no empirical proof and evidence is skimpy and subjective at BEST.  And while I personally think anyone of blind faith is an idiot, I do concede that I take on faith based on subjective experience as to what I am, but I am ALSO clear to myself and others that I am aware I have no proof, and should actual hard evidence/proof arise, well, I will reconsider myself and my stance.

Otherkin - To me, Otherkin can be a 'catch all' term that basically means "Someone whose spirit is other than human - be it vampire, animal, or mythical animal", though generally, people apply the term to mean therians and mythical kin. Which, amusingly enough, boils back down to the previous point of faith. Funny, no?

Oh yes, awakening - a rather RPish if somewhat accurate term to describe the oft messy process of coming to terms with ones self.  Overall accurate, though it is from where I first started out, interestingly enough.

Now, the condition vs lifestyle, THIS I quite agree with. WHAT I am only affects how I behave, when I allow it.  And yes I admit, I do enjoy dressing gothy when I can get away with it, however, my real world employ dislikes such behavior and I tone it down for my trade. Eventually, I would like to be in a position where I neednt care about such things and do as I wish, but realistically, I know thats a while off yet.

Not sure what the Hades Lono is going on about there, with the ramkht and such. o.O

Plug for mert, much, shroude (regarding the surveys)?

Again with MB. Should I point out she too has also tried the house stunt, and i believe her little cult house is still going, if quietly.

Regarding, again, with the BV, the fault lies not in being 'antiquated', but for being advertised for something which it is not - that is to say, advertised for real vamps when it was from a fucking RP game. THATS the problem with it.

"The need to feed is whats to be focused on' as the grand poobah MB would claim -- quite a turnaround from her historic stance of being heavily pro psi.  I never could stand that godsdamned hypocritical drama queen media hag.

Now that Ive reached the end of shroudes tirade - and yea, thats what it reads to me, as a tirade - I have to say that while there are a few good points in there, overall, I have to question a number of the supporting thoughts behind it. I note a lack of proof for claims laid, I note some rather confusing and poorly laid out thoughts regarding sangs, and I note too heavy a leaning on someone thats historically known to be controversial at best, and a downright problem for the community at worst.   I invite shroude for a rebuttal.

That being dealt with, what say I address some of the replies made so far, hmm?

JP, honestly, refer to my above post for what i think of people that use the term vampyre, thats all I need to say to you on the matter.

Nadia, I yield to your experience in regards to chakras and the like. Wink

Shroude -- a YEAR, for this? Wow. 

Oh, CJ, cj, cj, cj.  Nadia Already did a magnificent job nailing you to the wall, but I am just gonna chime in here, noting firstly that technically you are correct - by the silly definition MB used, every living creature would be a vamp. But, since we already established the lack of credibility there, thats not saying a lot.  And while I could make a comment that ignorance is a trait you have in abundance, I will instead simply ask that, if you hate being a vamp so much, why not borrow SW's little 'removal technique'? Seems to me you would get along great with her anyway.

Darkrose - I was going to ask why you felt the need to go public, but you answered it with your second post - you sought public gratification for what you thought you were -- a trait far too common, one I see too many times with all these media whores that, while making thinly veiled bogus claims of wanting to help the community, the majority of them do it for THEMSELVES ONLY.  This should come as no great shock, given the massive egos within the OVC as a whole.   With this in mind, does this not demonstrate rather clearly how much of a detriment it is for people to BE public, when their ultimate goal IS to get their egos stroked?

PD -- Hello pot, its kettle, once again. FFS.

Deacon -- I refer you to Nadias post and my previous comments here as to why she and others like her are here.

Anywho, that prettymuch covers it for now i should think.

Automotive Necromancer
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 09:06:02 pm »

Damnit, that should be, V vs I, not e. bah. whatever you all get the hint.

Automotive Necromancer
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 11:40:24 pm »

Damnit, that should be, V vs I, not e. bah. whatever you all get the hint.

OMFG typoese plagues me tonight. Y AND I. Yeesh.

Automotive Necromancer
CJ!
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 11:43:18 pm »

I ended my last post with "What is a real vampire? A miserable pile of ignorance." Predictably two of the three respondents to my response of this article predictably responded with "But enough talk have at you!" Shame they didn't have the confidence in their rhetorical abilities and had to rely on empty platitudes and ad hominem attacks (based on harebrained theories no less!)

As for you Deacon Gray, no need to apologize for wordiness of your response, I found it intellectually satisfying.

As much as I don't like making matters about me rather than the message I convey my response centers on your question of why I am here? I often ask that question to myself to be honest and I will be glad to provide you with a candid response.

You assume correctly that I do hold the idea that "if it is physiological in nature, then it becomes a human deficit and thus has nothing whatsoever to do with Vampirism." Stripped away of any of the social values we put upon sanguinarianism it is a human deficit: we don’t consume blood then we get sick. This is not like being gay as the only drawback is the bias and prejudice of other people. There is no proof that this is a fixed state. All and all it’s no base to start an identity group upon. One of the reasons I am posting in a place such as this is not to only let sanguinarians know that they do not have to swallow the blood=energy premise but also they do not have to swallow the premise that they must embrace vampire identity in an effort to cope with sanguinarianism. Those who have knowingly managed their sanguinarianism for a long time and those who are just coming to terms to what their body craves alike often come to mixed company vampire boards such as these. The audience that I feel needs to hear this message the most (and why such an approach is in their best interest) is among the throng here. As much as I have claimed that the sanguinarian association with the greater vampire community (and by extension metaphysical beliefs) has hurt us; the pastiche of spiritualism, roleplay, and identity that is psychic vampirism is a far better basis for an identity group. Sanguinarians who persistently embrace vampire identity (or even sanguinarian identity for that matter) seem to me just want to be special. The fact is we aren’t special whatsoever; we are just humans with a specific extraneous problem.

I am aware of Mert and the AVA’s medical efforts and I, much like my approach to “vampirism,” am sanguine and skeptical. The most likely way that sanguinarians are going to approach the scientific community is to do their own studies and offer them as something repeatable to the scientific community. Will the AVA’s studies come up with anything conclusive? Definitely not. Will it be a helpful stepping stone toward the goal of creating coherent experiments of our own? I really hope so.

I am a student of the social sciences looking to go to graduate school for sociology in the near future. I suppose that it’s my background in studying social movements within many contexts that pushes me more in that direction. The “What is a vampire? A miserable pile of ignorance” line is agitprop. Where as scientists consider ignorance inevitable and a challenge the vampire community seems to celebrate it as it allows leeway to build their own mysteries. Of course the quote was an homage to a vampire related meme; just a little subtle mockery there.

My major interest in the field of sociology is prejudice and stigma and how it has developed in relation to technology. I see the field for ascribed stigma (stigma assigned to who you are rather than what you have done) shrinking as the internet have allowed individuals who would have been merely idiosyncratic since they are scattered and in sparse to find each other and create communities. These communities further define themselves and work together to find ways to combat stigma and prejudice from outsiders. The vampire community is a great example of that and one that interests me as an observer. My observations of the strong role playing elements, especially the sacrosanct identity of vampire, I feel still holds. As for my brief timeline perhaps it was just a matter of looking at large scale groups. I’ll admit I really don’t know much about TOS or Order of the Vampire. If you do not mind Deacon I would love to know more about them, especially social structure related material. Feel free to PM me or post it on this thread whichever you feel is best.

Yes it’s another verbose monolith of text from CJ!. Did you expect anything else? However for the tl;dr crowd I present a quote from my previous post about why I am here: “Here I fan the flames to find other sanguinarians frustrated about having to navigate this LARP with pretenses in reality. I fully encourage others to break the masquerade.”
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 12:10:01 am »

Masquerade my ass, CJ.  If you didnt want to be part of what entails the vampiric community - psi and sang both - then you would not BE here. Indeed, many have left explicitly for that reason, they found the drama more than they wanted to bother with, and I cant say as I blame them; I happily leave the shithole that is the OVC by the wayside should I have real world issues to attend to.  You claim to be sanguine, which is generally agreed as someone that feels the need to consume blood, yet you hate having to do it, as judged by your writings. It is quite apparent to me that you instead are here for the same reasons most of us are, even if you cannot admit it (perhaps to your own self, even) - you need to be with people that you feel you can understand and relate to, based on that perceived need.

Moreover however, I feel the need to point out that your attempt to lay claim to approaching this topic on an intellectual basis is essentially rendered null and void, both by your previous actions on this board and elsewhere, and more over by the comment left by you in this topic -- that is, being the first to resort to 'schoolyard bully tactics' and taking out your internal angst on those you would claim to share a bond with.  Rather typical, actually, for people like you - those that hate so much what they themselves are they seek to attack anything that reminds them of the uncomfortable reality - or perception - of what they themselves are. It is quite a shame, and I do hope you one day manage to come to terms with yourself; perhaps then you might actually something approaching a likable, reasonable person.

Automotive Necromancer
Catori
House AVA Member
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 12:20:30 am »

No matter how you word it, or even try to make any arguments or statements against what you say appear to be moot or null and void, the fact of the matter remains you attempt to make long verbiage posts on purpose in a horrible attempt to seem more intelligent than others. I could do the same if i wished to, but being that I am in the middle of CSS coding and such I will simply state once again, you are doing nothing more than RPG play at the "highly intelligent vampire who does not want to be and wants to find a cure while in the meantime attempt to rally troops for the same" that is now ever so present in all vampire related fictional works. I would garner a guess that many years ago you would of been on here trying to rally the troops against the lycans. Well done. Even so, others can see through your facade. Now, either stop drinking blood, take your medicine or do something actually based in reality. I am busy at the moment.
Nadia...the blood drinking demon(how is that for a non-vampire statement?) 
display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 02:34:14 am »

oh GOD DAMN!
another one starting shit? JESUS H CRISTOS! its a replay of fatso wolf!

let me guess, your playstation on the blink again?  lost the hat to your monopoly game?
CJ, why do you insist on starting shit?
why?
is this another ploy at division in the community?
guess your gonna blog this crap now?
to those who are under 18 here:
KIDS THIS IS A ADULT SITE! take a nap, sit the hell down, do your chores, and STFU!
legardored
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 09:05:49 am »

KIDS THIS IS A ADULT SITE! take a nap, sit the hell down, do your chores, and STFU!
One word Adultism.

Look I find it great tragic entertainment when people start reflecting there personal demons on others, but it is not really moving this topic forward.
Not to mention its not very creative and gets rather boring. If you are confident about your opinion and about your way of reasoning than you do not feel the need to attack someone based on theres. So when you do attack someone maybe just maybe you aren't as confident in what you belief.

This article is not to dispute any dramas or instigate them, but to add clarity to some matters that still remain unattended to. As I think most of us have become slightly "jaded" and often need a reminder or refresher of WHO WE ARE.
Maybe (just a thought) If this article toke 1 year to get formed I think it wouldn't hurt to let it sink in before we start criticizing it.

display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 11:52:41 am »

and... your a expert on this subject how?
sorry....the bullshit card has been pulled out on this one...time to either explain or be shamed.....
deacongray
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 01:54:24 pm »

In early Christian times a famous female philosophy professor and atheist Hypatia of Alexandria faced some interesting challenges in regards to Philosophy Vs Science. Many of her time, like many in ours in the vampire community, screamed about the FACTS and whats Proven. Hypatia, while Alexandra was in turmoil, and dealing with the recent loss of the Library at Alexander caused by the flames of the Christian mob, has to struggle with the difference between Philosophy and Faith, and how both interacted with Fact. Of them all she noted none of them really held much in the way of answers, only different methods of proposing questions. Christianity (a symbol for all faith in this discussion) stood for faith. If there was no obvious immediate answer turn to faith. Science said, if we cannot prove it through steady methodology it must not be real, only the whims of the Philosophers and artists dreams. Philosophy on the other hand said, if it can be conceived it is possible, and should be tested in every aspect possible, however the failure of something to be tested, does not make it impossible, only currently untested. At the time such wild fancies of Philosophers like...The Earth might simply be in Orbit around the Sun, were looked at as the obvious poppy cock that we today know it to be....or would if the science of the day prevailed. It didn't not because they decided on a scientific bases to explore it, but because philosophizers continued to push, and one of the greatest (proclaimed a heretic by the church and modern science at the time) managed to prove it to be true.

Make no mistake I am not saying that every philosophical concept is correct. Far from it, but it is the act of looking, thinking, considering that starts off the technical tool of science...science is nothing but, and never has been anything but, a lagging tool of philosophy. Many in our own community like to take the Scientific Approach Nothing great as ever been accomplished by science that a philosopher didn't dream up first. Hell even string theory was first theorized by hebrew scholars a few thousand years before Christ.

My point is sure...look to science, but don't disregard anything you don't personally believe in with out evidence it is wrong. You don't have to believe in it, but than who wants to be  Cyril? Who wants to be Saint Cyril of Alexandria reknown for his faith, and his destruction of the the library at Alexandria, the man who ordered the death of Hypatia, and is now forgotten by most,, reviled by all scholars, and hated by history for while he was a great voice in his day...he was the voice of a closed mind, and violence a man who wanted the world to remain flat...the earth at the center of creation.

CJ! Sangs are here because they know better then close the door on all their options. They are here because Theory and Philosophy are the mother of scientific en query and Rhetoric is a Mother of Theory and Philosophy.  We are a modern people, we do not have to break up Philosophy and Rhetoric, Religion and Science, we can consider all things and look to science to either prove, disprove, or simply fail to consider what we put forward in the best ways we can. Constant calls for dividing lines, and bias based on feeding type is akin to the calls of Cyril...destroy what isn't you. Sorry I don't think the community will ever take up that sword...some might...fools blindly burning scrolls.

darkrose
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 05:27:52 pm »

It's so easy to claim vampirism (now that the definition has been changed to accommodate the masses of people who want to be vampires) as your own label. No proof needed, anymore.

I can easily claim to be a vampire (according to the made up definition)--just because I don't whine about what I am and embrace it--doesn't make my claim any less valid. I drink human blood. I get physical and spiritual "enhancements" from doing this. I can't prove the spiritual, not easily anyways. But, I can prove the physical, and I have. Am I going to die if I don't feed? No, of course not. No human being is going to die from not drinking human blood. The same goes for feeding off of energy.

A group of people wanted to claim the label of vampire--and when they realized that they could not prove to be a vampire in the literal sense, they decided to change the definition of what a vampire is. I know, I was there. That way, everyone who wants to claim the vampire label as their own-can be one.

Maybe there are people who don't make enough of their own energy and need to replenish it to feel at their best. Why does this make them a vampire? Are they going to die if they don't replenish their energy? No, they are not. Can feeding off of energy improve their quality of life? Yes, I know that it can. But why do these people need to claim to be vampires? I claimed to be a vampire because as a child and a young adult, I thought that's what I was. After all, I drink human blood and I gain from it. It has always been a part of my nature. It wasn't until later in my life-the more experienced I became at being myself, that I realized a vampire needs to feed to live-to keep living. They don't have a hole in their chakra. They don't have a disease(at least I don't think), for whatever reasons, evolution perhaps, they can only live off of drinking human blood or perhaps even animal blood (who knows), or they will die. Is it possible that they really exist? Sure, why not. The world is sure more interesting with the thought of them in it.

So, explain to me how people who have holes in their chakras or claim to not make enough of their own energy and need to feed, are vampires? Why does everyone need to be a vampire? I made an honest mistake. I am a predator. Again, I drink human blood and human energy. I gain from it. It gives me a better quality of life. I choose to do good things with my "abilities". Even though I possess vampiric like qualities, this does not make me a vampire-according to the real definition of a vampire. The definition for what a vampire is, already exists. If we need to come together as a group, why can't we use a more appropriate label, if indeed a label is even needed. Coming together and sharing knowledge, real knowledge, could certainly make a lot of people's lives easier. They could concentrate on how to better their lives and those around them (if they wish, not everyone is interested in making the world a better place, one person at a time.) They could leave all the vampire drama behind. Of course many people feed off, of the drama. I know that I am repeating myself. Why can't we come together as a group of people who have unusual abilities and needs that other people do not possess, and work on helping each other better understand what we are and what we are capable of.

If that was ever truly the aim of the vampire community, it never came to fruition. And it won't, as long as people need to claim the label of vampire. We are already different from the average person. Do we rreally need to call ourselves vampires? People need to be honest with themselves about the real reasons they want to be called a vampire. Of course people can call themselves anything they want. They can believe themselves to be anything they want. That is everyone's right. But truly, has calling ourselves vampires brought about anything positive? Has it truly been beneficial for the betterment of our lives? We are what we are. We know instinctually how to do what we do. We can always benefit from those that are older and/or wiser than ourselves to help us along. The OVC can once in awhile prove to be benefical for finding said people. We don't need some self-described vampires making up whole vampire histories (which don't exist. I know, because I was there when they made them up. I have been there from the very beginning. The truths I could shed light on are mind blowing),or creating role-playing jargon and guidelines (because I don't know on my own how to be a desent human being)to live by. We need people to step forward and be honest about what they are and what they truly know that can be beneficial to us a group of people who don't fit the definition of what is normal.

Really, if everyone is a vampire, then what is a vampire?  To reiderate, the definition for what a vampire is, already exists. You can't change the meaning of a word just so you can lay claim to it. Again, be, think whatever you want, that is your right. I've been there, done that.

From the Webster's Collegiate Dictionary: Vampire--: 1The reanimated body of a dead person believed to come from the grave at night and suck the blood of the living while they are asleep. 2 One who lives by preying on others.

I would say that the first definition is unattainable by a living human being. The second definition is pretty broad and can apply to a lot of different kinds of people.

When a thing ceases to be a subject of controversy, it ceases to be a subject of interest.

Enjoy the Dark Pleasures
darkrose
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »

By the way--Part of the reason you have a "vampire community"-for better or for worse-is because I "was", at least some of the time, a self-promotong publicity whore. Your welcome.

Enjoy the Dark Pleasures
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: