AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:10:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  Dreams & Visions (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Strange Dream With Possible Sleep Paralysis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strange Dream With Possible Sleep Paralysis  (Read 6554 times)
HarukosHellKitten
Level 2 Contributor

Owned and Loved

« on: January 28, 2011, 05:09:40 PM »

Wow. So let me give you a little background on what this thread is going to cover.

As in one of my other threads I am perfectly healthy other than standing to loose a few pounds.

I don't really have that many problems with sleeping. I am a night person by nature and I do sometimes just for the life of me cannot fall asleep until after 3 or 4am.

I do not take any drugs prescribed or otherwise, I also do not drink (well maybe for a celebration once in a blue moon), I don't have any psychological problems, I do have a learning disability and am ADHD and am (at least I think) a pretty well rounded person.

I am logical (most of the times LOL) and I normally don't rush to conclusions or anything like that.

So with that being said this is what happened:

I was dozing off because I haven't been feeling all that great with a congested nose for about two or three days now. I closed my eyes and I could hear my mom calling for my brother so I move a bit to get more comfortable and I start feeling like I'm being pushed from behind me. That's when my whole body starts to tingle like crazy. Try to imagine when your hand or foot fall asleep and that tingly feeling right before it starts to wake up. Then I begin to feel paralyzed, out of no where I fell like I'm being dragged off my bed by my hips being pulled towards the door of my room as I'm being dragged I hear this loud deep growl from behind me right into my ear. I can't move, I can't open my eyes, I can't even call out, but my mind was racing screaming in my head "This is only a dream!"

Then I hear my phone vibrate with a text message (I have my phone to vibrate a set number of times when I get a text) and it all stops just as nothing had ever happened.

I'm trying to be as logical as I can and for one I definitely know it was not an OBE as I've done that before and I was able to move fairly quickly if I couldn't get complete control of my "spirit". As fas as agreeing with my boyfriend that it was only a bad dream there are only a few rare instances of me being able to remember my nightmares and most of them were because I was upset or depressed about something, and at the moment other than being irritated by a congested nose I'm feeling pretty happy. Also four of my other friends say it -could- be a demon.

But as I said I'm trying to find a logic explanation and so far none of my friends or my boyfriend seem to help much.

Maybe someone on here maybe able too?

"Look down at me, you see a fool. Look up at me, you see your Lord. Look straight at me, you see yourself." - Charles Manson

[IN NOMINE DEI NOSTRE SATANAS EXCELSI!]
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »

Let me start by saying I do not believe in demons. Now, though you have had moments of OBE in the past, I think you're not recognizing what this is, as your non-physical body leaving your physical body. It's called astral travel. The tingling in your limbs is a sign of astral travel that has been reported by other people who have had it happen without their intent. I've felt it too, and so has my husband. The growl is often explained as the rushing or roaring sound made as you pass between realms. Don't worry though, you cannot get lost, and you will always automatically snap back to your physical body should you wake up. You should google the terms astral travel and astral catalepsy (astral catalepsy is what gave you the feeling of not being able to move. Your nonphysical form is what makes your physical form move, and when you leave, it can't move on its own.)

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
HarukosHellKitten
Level 2 Contributor

Owned and Loved

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 01:41:43 AM »

Thanks Childofthespiral. I've also had other people tell me what I experienced was nothing paranormal or anything but actually sleep paralysis. But thank you for the insight for the astral projection. I'll have to look it up as well.

"Look down at me, you see a fool. Look up at me, you see your Lord. Look straight at me, you see yourself." - Charles Manson

childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »

You're welcome. I hope it's the answer you're looking for.

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
HarukosHellKitten
Level 2 Contributor

Owned and Loved

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 03:33:11 PM »

Again many thanks, though even if it's not the answer it's one step closer to it.

darkwitch
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 12:53:35 PM »

I think the congestion is the key.  Sleep deficit and illness affects dreams.  Also what u have on your mind does.  A concern over family and danger and the feeling of being helpless.  What u stated before describing the dream isnt real either.  We all have issues.  Unless u r claiming to be a God.  I dont think the growling is meant to be interpreted as deamonic in nature.  I suggest that u go and have a good cry and admit to yourself life isnt perfect.  Then make a new plan and go for it but be prepared to alter that plan alot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: