AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 06:37:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  01.10.11 - Message From Grand Duchess Nessa - House Of Ma'at (Dissolved) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 01.10.11 - Message From Grand Duchess Nessa - House Of Ma'at (Dissolved)  (Read 13015 times)
NyteMuse
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 12:23:02 am »

You religious folks, christians and otherwise - can you honestly say that vampirism, and kin issues, does not drive you TO your faith, partly if not totally due to fear? fear of the unknown, of what some urges make one want to do?  

Yes. I can honestly say that vampirism and kin issues have not driven me to my faith, for fear or any other reason.

Persephone - excellent post and excellent points.

Seconded.
Persephone
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 10:01:47 pm »

@ RK & Nytemuse, Thank you both.
Nightshade
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16:13 am »

If she's just made her own personal choice and decided to shuffle off and stop calling herself a vamp, then fine - more power to her. I believe in freedom of conscience and religion too, so that's just fine by me.

However...

What I don't like is where this may be going. Her statement appears to indicate that she is looking at this "conversion" as some kind of "reformed vampire" or even *shivers* "ex-vampire"... and the involvement of this "pastor" of hers appears to indicate some kind of attempt to infiltrate and even "convert" other members of the VC...

Lol - no wonder the Romans viewed Christians as dangerous... maybe that's because they are. Blind faith combined with ignorance and weak will always are.

Nobody will be converting this one to no Jesus. She needs to watch the show Ancient Aliens on the History channel I think that my dads got me watching. It cleary denotes the bibles accuracy. It's hard to explain but God didn't create Adam and Eve. But you'll figure that out soon enough sister. More power to you

NightShade
Facebook: You can find me under Brandi LaMere
Yahoo Messenger: Shorty0062000
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 12:55:24 am »

To all you religious folks, I can say but one thing ---

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Take a good hard close look and read at what your source material has to say about life in general.

Automotive Necromancer
Octarine Valur
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 08:45:58 am »

@ Nightshade - I don't have a need to prove my beliefs to anyone, so I'm not going to argue that point, suffice to say if I'm right it doesn't matter, if you're right it still doesn't matter, so why worry?

@ RK - I keep running into a lack of "like" buttons round here Wink

We drink the darkness
In the night,
We drink the darkness
That smothers light.
NyteMuse
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 10:23:15 am »

To all you religious folks, I can say but one thing ---

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Take a good hard close look and read at what your source material has to say about life in general.

Shouldn't that be addressed to "all you Christian folks" (instead of "all you religious folks")?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: