AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 07:10:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  01.10.11 - Message From Grand Duchess Nessa - House Of Ma'at (Dissolved) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: 01.10.11 - Message From Grand Duchess Nessa - House Of Ma'at (Dissolved)  (Read 13016 times)
arcane
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 09:31:33 am »

lol. if this is a method for avoiding drama, its the most dramatic method I've ever seen.

"hmmm I've got all these people upset at my drama... I know, I'll become super-christian! That'll fix it"

I don't know, it doesn't ring true for me, but then, I've not met them

RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:51:09 am »

Actually it wouldnt be the first time I've seen someone dabble in the darker side of life, then run scared back to a mainstream religion.

However, wouldnt that be the great irony of all time? If christanity - and its blood brothers - were in fact being controlled by energetic parasites, that work to keep their flock, their source of energy, in leash and line? oh, the irony of it all.

Automotive Necromancer
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 10:35:41 am »

Arcane...

I knew what you were getting at.  Just pointing out how the perception on a public board might pan out.

But yeah.. I think we can both agree there are some nasty 'white light power and glory' critters out there. 

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 11:34:06 am »

I did not intend to sound like i'm against it.
I don't know her and have no place to judge if this is right or not, for her.
I just feel that it's strange how she (apparently) identified as vampire, and seems to think religion is going to save or cure her.
Even if it seems right, doesn't mean it is (the right path is a narrow one, i believe it goes).

Of course i will wish her luck and hope the best for her, though i don't know her and hope she's making the right choice for herself. i just dont' see how religion could cure someone of vampirism, unless her specific case was purely of belief and faith(or she's feeding from the god, religion or brothers/sisters somehow).
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 11:38:57 am »

for some reason i can't find the edit button, so sorry for the double post.

This:
. If you would like more information on getting out of the VC and to seek deliverance from the lies of the enemy,

Kinda gets me though.
Treat others the way you want to be treated. I'm sure now that she's found her "truth", if she's truly happy in it, she woudln't want all of us running to her trying to "convert" her back. So she shouldn't be looking to call the community something bad.
Last i knew, for many, vampirism is not  a religion, there is no reason, to me, unless personal to need or want to turn away from it in relation to one's new religion (except the obvious like "drinking blood is a sin" and stuff. that still doesn't make being a part of the community wrong exactly).
My Lady RENEE
Level 1 Contributor

Lady Renee'

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 11:56:15 am »

Greetings,
we are part of Gods plan and God does have Dark Angels in his Kingdom, we just walk an different path then the rest.

Good Luck

Lady Renee
The House of the Red Dragon
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 11:59:53 am »

Devil's Advocate:

"it was sent by the Pastor of my Church who is taking down my site and he sent out a message to everyone who is on my site."

So a third party individual potentially having access to the contact information of those who belonged to her forum, yuku, and other groups doesn't concern anyone?

Thought
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 12:32:43 pm »

Devil's Advocate:

"it was sent by the Pastor of my Church who is taking down my site and he sent out a message to everyone who is on my site."

So a third party individual potentially having access to the contact information of those who belonged to her forum, yuku, and other groups doesn't concern anyone?

A few have mentioned that it did concern them.  And yeah, it does seem creepy.  I mean he sent it in first person as if it was written by her.  That's what men who ABUSE people do.  It's a control issue.  Not that I'm saying her Pastor is now in a relationship with her and controlling her behind closed doors, but it wouldn't be the first time or second time or...

As far as the religious debate goes...One of the few individuals in my 'real life community' who knows how I identify myself, is a devout Christian that goes to church every time the doors are open with his entire family.  He attended Christian Academy's all his life and is otherwise very immersed in his Christian identity.  What he said about my belief system, was that the truth of my vampirism made his Christian faith STRONGER.  Because the idea of energy manipulation and there being such things as vampirism that science has not yet been able to pin down, only gave him more ammunition for his own beliefs.  Like saying...if vampires really exist, then I have greater faith that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and there's some greater purpose for us all.  He didn't think it went again anything he'd ever been taught and he was taught it his entire life.  He felt like he 'understood' because he IS a Christian...Crazy eh?

iVamp : Ask me what kinds of Apps I come with.
captian
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 12:47:44 pm »

I dont know Nessa but it seems to me that something in her life has lead her in this direction.To give up her old life and put it in the hands of another is a gigantic step.For myself I cant imagin handing the reigns over to someone else.I dont believe it was very wise of her to let out information that she was given in trust to someone else and i hope the people who have recieved an email from this 'pastor' have now blocked any further contact.For they may try to convert these people with the information that the have now been given free reign too.
                   As for her talk on her beliefs in Jesus,I am always someone to bite on this subject.If one reads what Jesus spoke of and taught you find it to be very simple and are teachings that can become apart anyones life.Like love one another and treat your fellow man as you would like to be treated.
                   Though when someone brings into it the idea of sinning and a place called hell,I know they havnt trully read the words that Jesus was ment to of spoken.These ideas were created years after his death and brought into christianity many followers,who still flock to the church with the fear of a hell.

The words she spoke of in reguards to anyone else wanting to be free of the vampire community were not nessasary. She has become the newly converted tho that doesnt mean that we wish to convert with her.I have never liked it when people try to ram there beliefs down your throught and try to convert you by showing how happy you are in your new life,each to there own.
            I dont think preaching on this site will get too far but she had to try or maybe her pastor did.I do respect Nessa's decision,as i do with anyone who has a different oppinion or belief to myself.I dont quiet understand how she cant be a christian and a vampire but that is her choice.
                             Goodluck out there in the world of the church.
                                                           ................................C..............................
Mystere
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 12:56:41 pm »

Honestly, I personally had a conflict between my previous religion (Catholicism) and my vampyrism. I saw my vampyrism as something I would never lose, but that my faith condemned. Due to that and another, extremely personal, experience, I converted to a general Pagan religion, later dedicating myself to Nyx. If Nessa leaves the VC for the same experience in reverse, that's her choice, and I hope it makes her happy and that she remains healthy.

The move by her pastor to send the extremely preachy message to all the members of the former house's site was uncalled for, and were I Nessa, would have immediately split me from him. I have no problem with people who find their spiritual home in Christianity, but the ones like her pastor that invade the new converts' lives and undercut their relationships with those people that the convert supported for a long time by voicing what would amount to abandonment just irk me.

I hope she balances out because extremity in any way is unhealthy, and wish her and hers (and all the now-displaced House members) all the best.

When I speak, "vampyre" = real vamp, like me, but "vampire" = creature of myth.

May the blessings of Night be upon you, and through the Darkness, may you see clearly.
Cheri
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 01:16:02 pm »

I think this would be my biggest concern over this. I do not know the person involved in any way.The very fact that they turned over private info given to them in trust, to a thrid party, makes me worry for them. I agree with others that have posted concerns of her being controled by this pastor. I hope that those who have had their trust violated are not harmed by her conversion.
Catori
House AVA Member
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 01:34:13 pm »

I have to say that I am appalled that she handed such information over to a third party who shows signs of being overly controlling. This reeks of some sort of cult being led by someone wrongfully labeling himself as a pastor. To allow him access to the information and to basically call everyone whom she had relationships with condemned evil beings is a hit below everyone's belts. IMO, she is on her way to never see god following this pastor and standing by what he has said and done. I have a church who knows my personal path and sees nothing wrong with it and I do their photography and graphics for them. The pastor knows about my personal websites that have nothing to do with vampirism, as I am not full force out of the coffin, and a couple of those are very pagan and/or very dark/gothic. He absolutely LOVES them. He would NEVER  take them over and do such a thing. UGH...this is just sickening and frightening beyond belief. I do wish Neesa the best in her new path, I just hope she can find her way far from this so called pastor and church she has seemingly found.
kate34
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 10:14:04 pm »

I personally did not know Nessa either in person or via the community at large but I can understand her need to go in search of her own journey. I do wish her the best in her endeavors. I am curious as to whether she still considers herself a vampire or if she has now renounced this because she thinks it is the "Right" thing to do?

I will say that I grew up in a Christian household and I do in fact identify myself as a Christian personally. But I think even some Christians can and do identify themselves as vampires. And I dont mean the young ones who go to Church and just watched "Twilight" and feel that there is a way to be like Bella. LOL I mean the ones like myself who know their "higher power" to be God and can outwardly say this in the vampire community while still retaining who they are and what is inside them that also makes them a vampire in whatever form. I think we should continue to respect each other's religious backgrounds or lack there of.

I am about to turn 35 this week and have experienced a lot in my life that leads me to the conclusion that I can comfortably coexist as vampire and as someone who believes in God as her higher power. But I dont have a desire to try to convert anyone here. My heart is only that everyone is true to themselves, regardless of what that is. I dont publicly identify as a vampire at this time in my life only because i find this to be a personal and intimate journey that some of my peers may not understand.

all this to say.... Allow Nessa to leave, to be true to her own journey without mocking her and teasing her. Most likely she is going to find that she either can walk fully in her newfound faith or maybe she realizes there is something in her that still relates as a vampire. We dont know that and NONE of us are God ourselves... so lets not judge her. Simply walk our own paths, whatever and wherever that may be and support eachother if we can without too much further bickering about what sort of vampire is real and what is not and what religion they are supposed to be as if it were a true litmus test of who we know we are inside.

"The Night hath been to me a more faithful face than that of man; and in her starry shade of dim and solitary loveliness, I learned the language of another world"  Lord Byron
Persephone
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 10:21:03 pm »

Many people here are saying this is Nessa's choice & they wish the best for her. I don't personally know her, so I'm not really concerned for her happiness or salvation.

I'm more concerned for the peace & safety of her former house members. If they're lucky, they'll just get an anoying email from this new pastor of hers. Then they can delete it & forget about it. But what if he also has their real life names, work places & addresses, as well as photos of them? What if he decides to expose their vampire & pagan practices publically? What if he begs them to reform their evil ways & join the comgregation of the holy, and if they refuse, he takes action to have their bosses know about their activities or have CPS take away their children?

Yes, it was Nessa's choice to leave the VC & dissolve her house. But I doubt it was the choice of her house members to have their personal information handed over to a control-hungry, born-again Christian preacher. Normally, when a leader of a house decides to step down, they hand over the reins of leadership to another house member who they or the other members think will be able to handle that responsibility. She failed to do this, because her idea of the safety & best interests of her house members apparently underwent a radical change. Where before their privacy was probably very important to her, now their potential conversion seems to be more important.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 10:42:57 pm »

This is gonna piss some people off, but it has to be said --

You religious folks, christians and otherwise - can you honestly say that vampirism, and kin issues, does not drive you TO your faith, partly if not totally due to fear? fear of the unknown, of what some urges make one want to do?  

In regards to Nessa, i agree, that the thought of a church having access to names and so forth thatd be available from the Maat archives or similar is disturbing, but not surprising. Fortunately, I personally avoided the group, as I had already known how much of a spotted past they had anyway.  If she wants to be part of the herd, her choice, whatever.  

Persephone - excellent post and excellent points.

Automotive Necromancer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: