AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 07:16:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  01.06.11 - An Open Letter To The Vampire Community - Zerochan 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: 01.06.11 - An Open Letter To The Vampire Community - Zerochan  (Read 25027 times)
Belfazaar
Level 3 Contributor

A stroll through the graveyards can be quite relax

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 04:04:53 pm »

I agree with this... IN PART...

Zerochan, you touch on several things but it is only a select few on both sides of the line that perpetuate and aggravate the situation.  When we, as a whole community, stand side by side, we accomplish great things...  Like presenting a united front to a would-be critic of the community and showing him that we aren't the monsters someone made us out to be

Vitae Dominae,

Belfazaar Ashantison
Founder and Elder, House of Mystic Echoes
Founder of NOVA (New Orleans Vampire Association)

"Wizard's Fourth Rule (from Temple of the Winds): "There is magic in forgiveness, the magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, but more so, in forgiveness you receive." (Terry Goodkind from the Sword of Truth Series)
theUVUP
Level 2 Contributor

Rev. JP Vanir

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 05:00:03 pm »

You got that right; drama is going to destroy our community if we let it. Every click and subculture in the world has this problem as well unfortunately because of what we are some end up letting if feed on them or they feed on it. It sucks us dry at times and this does need to stop. Thanks for your post!

Fledgling
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 05:49:30 pm »

There should be no reason as to why we cannot all get along peacefully, in every aspect of life there is differences in how we all should live. Leave and let live. I do not agree with how some people choose to live their lives the same as how others do not agree with my life. However due to extremists i have to live my life in the shaddows of shame. I am not ashamed of who or what i am but i do not condemn those that are not the same as me.
Oblivionburns
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 06:27:32 pm »

Thank you, Zerochan, for saying so thoughtfully & eloquently what really needed to be said.  IMHO many lately are adopting the "poor me" attitude & grabbing for attention.  They're getting it & I, too am guilty of being drawn into these discussions.  Like everyone else, I want to give my two cents.  I think you've stated the most reasonable standpoint on the recent bickering that I've seen so far.  If the VC continues down the path to segregation & elitism we'll be able to offer nothing more than an elaborate game to newly awakened who are looking for real information.  In this sense, the forums will cease to be a valuable tool, which would be very sad.  I've learned a great deal from the forum here, I'd hate to see division mar the value of what can be learned!  Not that any who sprout new groups, exclusive or otherwise, are to be ostracized.  Rather that each of us should remember we are free to explore our own path, as you say.

Shadow hide you, moon watch over you, night cloak you, peace keep you.
Rubicúnda
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 07:01:21 pm »

My applause for you Zerochan. Mostly because despite having the same age as me, you say things that most people here think but dare not say.

I think we all have guilt, we always complain that the people who are not vampires, don't misunderstand our condition, etc. And..... As we expect ordinary people to accept us if between us we can not do? It is as if others criticize you because of your race or color.
We all want to found answer, but how we are going to find out if we can not support each other? And instead of seeking
we get to create "wars"nonsense? Maybe if we let that comments,that one is better than the other, they are not vampires etc., And we put our best to talk about the condition of each, that things have in common each type, perhaps we could move towards responses. We must create questions and seek answers, not who is better.

I think the word vampire has caused much controversy. I think you just have to see for now only as a term for our condition as we found out what happens to us.   all here say we are not mythical vampire, which is true, but then who gives them the right to say who is vampire, who doesn't?

Just I have very little time with my awakening and I'm also new to this community and I am looking for answers, which for me are difficult to obtain, mainly because here in Mexico there is no knowledge about the awakening, not  like other countries. But as I hope to find them if someone tries me to pick a side? If someone says that there are no hybrids? Sangs that are better or worse?

We should all be united, if we get answers.
Greetings

(I hope you understand my comment, I have to use translators.) lol

RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 07:53:25 pm »

Eehhh, I would agree with you in part, however I would say that the psis are equally - if not more so - elitist than sangs are.  Secondly, Explain to me, zerochan, your concept of a `hybrid' please, as I would like to have it clarified before I say much further.

Automotive Necromancer
SangSavvy
Level 3 Contributor

Love is Always Fate's decision.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »

Well, one thing's for sure, this is definitely a rant if there ever was one, based on all the inconsistencies goin on.  For the standards of a rant, its great. 

For the record, Zerochan, There will always be problems that will arise.  The solution isn't to stop out all problems, but to assist in *how* we handle the conflict.  I can see eye-to-eye on the fact that there's a lot of childish nonsense that's been going on for a long time, I just wish there could be a window of opportunity to come to resolves rather than lots of never-ending arguments. 

As far as citing the Otherkin communities as shining examples, I'm going to have to strongly object to that point.  The Otherkin communities are almost entirely comprised of turf wars, from what I have seen, and spend almost all of their time in feuds that go far beyond rationale, patience, or maturity.  To find any long-lasting peace in the Otherkin community is very hard to find, although it definitely is out there. 

I agree more than *anything in the world* that the ones who suffer the most in any vampire conflict whatsoever are the newly awakened.  They get shit on continuously in all different kinds of ways, mild to detrimentally severe.  I've spoken about that in the past, and so I won't repeat myself. 
Nightshade
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 10:28:15 pm »

Can be posted for all to see in reference to the email I recieved titled: New Announcement: An Open Letter to the Vampire Community - Zerochan

I am new and just read what a 16 year old wrote who obviously found someone who would teach him and guide him and has obviouslt learned alot. I don't know many 30 year olds who could write something as extroidinary as that. I tried blood for the first time last night after being Psi because I couldnt get my "teacher" on the phone who has been feeding me from a distance and didn't know what else to do because I have not been properly taught how to feed, other than what I am reading in Michelle Bellanger's The Psyhic Vampire Codex. And if there is anyone out there who has the time to take someone under there wing and help the learn the basics please let me know. I need some help, and it's like there is no place to go to get it. I can walk in somewhere and say I need help because I don't know where to go. I can't just ask everyday people because they would probably think Im crazy. So what else am I to do than trying to figure this whole thing out on my own, and I just don't think this is something I can learn and figure out on my own. So someone please Im asking that someone out there help me learn how to feed and learn how to control the need and how to know when I need to feed so that I don't get so far gone I don't have the energy to feed. Someone out there please help me.

NightShade

NightShade
Facebook: You can find me under Brandi LaMere
Yahoo Messenger: Shorty0062000
Zerochan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 10:36:04 pm »

Eehhh, I would agree with you in part, however I would say that the psis are equally - if not more so - elitist than sangs are.  Secondly, Explain to me, zerochan, your concept of a `hybrid' please, as I would like to have it clarified before I say much further.

A hybrid, put simply, is a vampire who requires both blood and energy in order to maintain their health instead of just one or the other.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 11:09:18 pm »

A hybrid, put simply, is a vampire who requires both blood and energy in order to maintain their health instead of just one or the other.

So you are saying, then, you view what you get from blood as being separate from what you get from energy?

Automotive Necromancer
Zerochan
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 11:56:16 pm »

Yes, I most certainly do. If it wasn't seperate, I could just get by on one or the other.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 11:58:55 pm »

Ya know, with that logic, it kinda shoots the hells out of the common psi argument that sangs are 'on training wheels' if it is in fact something different or separate.

Automotive Necromancer
SorinApostolos
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 04:30:30 am »

I have to say, this is a rant for the ages Smiley  "Out of the mouth of babes..." as the saying goes I guess.  I'm 23, and feel my intellect and knowledge of certain things (certainly myself and what I am) to be beyond my years, but this...you truly are wise for someone your age.  As for the issues raised in your letter here, I'd have to agree on most every point, although I'd also agree with what someone else said, both sangs and psis can adapt an eletist attitude equally.  It is all based on individuals though.  And that's the thing, and I'm sure you aimed it so, this letter was directed to those whom it specifically was talking about, and if you feel it doesn't apply to you then don't worry yourself about it.  Give support where its needed though.  I hope to see your hybrid article soon, as I find it rare to see anyone speak out that YES, there are those who need both energy AND blood, as seperate needs to maintain their health, with seperate yet linked consequences if they do without.  Keep it up and don't let any negative responses get you down.  From here on, its about what's next.  Its important we acknowledge this rant and move on from it to something more positive, in the sence of the Community's unity and peace.
Fledgling
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 07:41:02 am »

We are all the elite, we are all the hunters,
Till a day arrives when,
We are not the elite, and we become the hunted.

History is what we are, for tomorrow is the future and today will be the past.
There will always be something or someone that is stronger than those before us so,
In reality, NONE of us are elite, it's afterall, the circle of life.

Can anyone argue this??
Thought
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »

The arguments against her 'rant' have all been predictable ones so far.  But I have to agree with the 'out of the mouths of babes' comment.  I can't help but wonder what people might have said if she hadn't have posted her age.  Wink

I like the way her letter was presented, it was a jab to ALL of us, myself included.  After all, it's true that us Hybrids get marginalized because we let it be so...I got sick of being ignored when the Sangs and Psis start their verbal attacks against one another, so I just quit posting.  I get that 'I am who I am and I don't feel like justifying myself over and over' attitude because I have bigger fish to fry in my offline life.  It's happened on more than one occasion when I post the 'what about Hybrids' and it gets lost in a sea of bitching between a few select people who get personal and outrageous.  I could fight harder, but it's much easier just to sit in the back of the room and go 'Hybrids get ignored.' /sadface  That IS my fault.  Way to point out the faults in someone twice your age, I appreciate it. 

I think other people should 'appreciate' it as well.  Thank someone for constructive criticism, do not get defensive.  Defensiveness is going to get you stuck where you are.  Now I know that I have a problem, I can work towards bettering myself, and continue helping those around me.

iVamp : Ask me what kinds of Apps I come with.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: