AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  A Sanguinarian Treatise: An Argument For Partition From The Vampire Community 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: A Sanguinarian Treatise: An Argument For Partition From The Vampire Community  (Read 82004 times)
display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2011, 09:26:21 PM »

@ PD
Do you get pissed at Tall people?  how about Taller Females (above 5'3")?
My wife was 5'3" and she hated being short...  i am just a bit taller (6'4") but i used it for many things, although cumbersome at times... And she used her stature aswell... My point being... How the fuck would a short ass know what it is like for some one who is above average?
No more than it is for me knowing the trials of a mini me...
See , it is not brain surgery.... The thing I don't get, is Why the hell Y'all stopped using "Energy Worker"
Guess it wasn't as Posh as " Psi Vampire"
 That's what the hell I don't get...
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »

See, thats the point that I just dont get.

Why IS is that sangs get all butthurt over the concept that they may be more limited versions of pranics, and need a blood medium to extract what they need.  It makes sense on many levels.  I have never understood the level of animocity, outside of the threat to a fabricated internal mythology.. which can be very entrenched and powerful in the individuals psyche.

I mean.. I cant eat shrimp.  I dont hate people who can eat more things than I do... I dont write posts citing why shrimp eaters are stupid and idiotic, etc.

Just dont get it.

Why? because simple physics wins out. One will absorb significantly more energy and nutrients from food by eating it, rather than simply holding their hands over it. Its logical, its reasonable, and it is something no psi can ever hope to match. The whole idea of 'subtle' is NOT EASILY NOTICEABLE, which is ultimately the argument i have heard every psi make - "Oh its subtle, you have to pay attention to it. " Right. Sorry, but no.  There is nothing subtle about consuming blood, or what it does for and to those that need to.

Automotive Necromancer
display
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »

that equates to "coming up short" does it Koon?
Vampirism through Osmosis...
display
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2011, 11:27:37 PM »

lmfao!
it wasnt posh enough in other words...
before you get pissed...
the term "energy worker" was good enough for HRH and HM belanger and daddy tood...
that wont fly hun . sorry
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2011, 09:54:27 AM »

before you get pissed...
the term "energy worker" was good enough for HRH and HM belanger and daddy tood...
that wont fly hun . sorry
=/ why would you assume i'd get upset?
Energy worker is just not the same as an energy vampire.
Vampires can work with energy, but being a vampire doesn't mean they are energy workers.
Mundane can be energy workers, though they aren't necessarily vampires.
ability to use something does not mean you need something.

You can eat all you want, your body will still use it, but you only need to when you are hungry. (probably a bad example)
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »

@ PD
Do you get pissed at Tall people?  how about Taller Females (above 5'3")?
My wife was 5'3" and she hated being short...  i am just a bit taller (6'4") but i used it for many things, although cumbersome at times... And she used her stature aswell... My point being... How the fuck would a short ass know what it is like for some one who is above average?
No more than it is for me knowing the trials of a mini me...
See , it is not brain surgery.... The thing I don't get, is Why the hell Y'all stopped using "Energy Worker"
Guess it wasn't as Posh as " Psi Vampire"
 That's what the hell I don't get...

Huh?  Being mad at people taller than me would be silly.   Why be angry over differences?

Energy worker vs psi vamp... one needs to take in order  to stay in balance.. the other can manipulate without the need for external sources.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »

See, thats the point that I just dont get.

Why IS is that sangs get all butthurt over the concept that they may be more limited versions of pranics, and need a blood medium to extract what they need.  It makes sense on many levels.  I have never understood the level of animocity, outside of the threat to a fabricated internal mythology.. which can be very entrenched and powerful in the individuals psyche.

I mean.. I cant eat shrimp.  I dont hate people who can eat more things than I do... I dont write posts citing why shrimp eaters are stupid and idiotic, etc.

Just dont get it.

Why? because simple physics wins out. One will absorb significantly more energy and nutrients from food by eating it, rather than simply holding their hands over it. Its logical, its reasonable, and it is something no psi can ever hope to match. The whole idea of 'subtle' is NOT EASILY NOTICEABLE, which is ultimately the argument i have heard every psi make - "Oh its subtle, you have to pay attention to it. " Right. Sorry, but no.  There is nothing subtle about consuming blood, or what it does for and to those that need to.

Hm.. that dosnt really address my question on the butthurt bit.

There is nothing subtle about consuming energy, either.  There are many, who are indeed unable to sense it, but they still react even if they are not able to feel the drain.

Ah.. but lets get to your simple physics (although I think you mean biology) argument.  So.. you are stating that a few drops of blood, maybe up to even a few ounces, contains some missing biological compliment that a vamp needs to maintain their physical well being for.. the weeks, or even months many report being able to go between feeding?  Please elaborate.  You seem to be a main proponent of the aggressive stance against  pranics lately, so I am genuinely interested in the well thought out theory you must have to support such a strong stance.

Paindancer
Lillith Darkwraith
Level 2 Contributor

Gone

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2011, 08:45:02 PM »

Me, I've been getting my transfusions since age 2. Doctors don't like us to call ourselves Vampires the modern politically correct term is Porphyria patient and I've been this way all of my life. I've watched this little community grow since the days of the BBSs and at first it was just a larp and a few life stylists. Then Michelle Belanger came out with her book for psychics and then the race was on to see who would win.

Now a days every 13 yr old wants to be a vampire because its the in thing but in my day you had to be a freak of nature or a sideshow freak to be mocked and abused because of. So I kind of laugh at this whole thing because most of this tiny community has their ego's in a knot expounding my way is better than your way. It reminds me of how little children respond.

Even the smallest star shines in the darkness.
display
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »

@ PD,
you need to take your aggressions tward RK to PM... (as you so instructed nadia to do) you know the story, stones and Glass houses?  anyways...
enough is enough...
im sure you feel that you "run" things around here... (seen you post that)
but thats going to change soon enough...
have a nice day!
Wink

Admin:  This has been addressed privately between involved parties.
Cheri
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2011, 08:56:52 PM »

Me, I've been getting my transfusions since age 2. Doctors don't like us to call ourselves Vampires the modern politically correct term is Porphyria patient and I've been this way all of my life.

My understanding is that most sang vampires do not identify as porphyria patients, and in fact many I know have had that condition ruled out in their efforts to fina a medical cause for their need for blood.

I am happy that you were able to find the cause and can get medical treatment that allows you to not need a donor.
display
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »

@cheri
i know i dont have porphyria...
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2011, 01:31:32 PM »

Me, I've been getting my transfusions since age 2. Doctors don't like us to call ourselves Vampires the modern politically correct term is Porphyria patient and I've been this way all of my life.

My understanding is that most sang vampires do not identify as porphyria patients, and in fact many I know have had that condition ruled out in their efforts to fina a medical cause for their need for blood.

I am happy that you were able to find the cause and can get medical treatment that allows you to not need a donor.

Curious... do you know if they were tested for all variants?

Paindancer
Cheri
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »

Curious... do you know if they were tested for all variants?

Out of the ones I personally know that have been tested, the two I could contact with short notice say yes their doctors tested them for all possible causes they could think of and that were mentioned to them as ideas for what may have been causing their issues. It will take me a while to contact the others that I know
deacongray
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »

I am disappointed to hear you talk like that, but I suppose that doesn't really matter. Though your argument can be applied both ways.
CJ!
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »

I'm really glad that all along this thread and other forums in which the treatise was posted that it furthered the divide between sanguinarians and the metaphysical practioners of vampirism. It also furthered the divide with those who take their condition seriously and those who cling onto the identity. This was an argument for partition after all.

Truth be told I originally wrote the treatise in December of 2009. I shared it with some trusted friends and acquaintances within the community to get feedback and discuss a strategic way of releasing the treatise as well as how to execute its aims (I do want to mention that few of the people I shared the treatise with agreed with me on all points). After the feedback I decided to put the idea on the backburner. However once the fallout from the initial Sappho interview happened fellow sangs I've chatted (most of which have never read the treatise beforehand) with started making statements that coincided with the sentiments of the treatise. Sanguinarian sentiment, while always frustrated by the metaphysical line of "sangs crave the energy within the blood" as well as being defined by psis in general, was at a high against such impositions. Sappho ultimately failed to discredit sanguinarians, in fact she motivated them. The treatise proposed a direction to carry the momentum toward: scientific research in order to gain truer insight into ourselves as well as possible treatments toward sanguinarianism. The strong language was intentional: I wanted exclusivity and a unified message. Those put off by it just aren't cut out to be part of my vision of the sanguinarian community. I also wrote this with the outside if not skeptical observer in mind. I want the outside world to know that people within the "vampire" community can be self-critical to a very harsh degree.

So far it seems as if the treatise directly and indirectly inspired or affirmed a strong base of sanguinarians to take action. I'd imagine the next course of action would be to discuss tactics in terms of jockey for position to gain access to clinical trials. I proposed methods of doing just that but I am sure that we as a group can come up with ideas that improve upon them or different approaches that are better. Obtaining knowledge is inherently a political process; don't be shocked if more feelings are hurt in the process.

Take care. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: