AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:10:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  General Vampirism Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Vampiric Paths: Which, If Any, Do You Follow? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Vampiric Paths: Which, If Any, Do You Follow?  (Read 87664 times)
Akasha
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2011, 12:36:22 PM »

If by path you mean caste, I'm Priest (or Ramkht if we're using SV terminology).  I don't consider vampirism to be a path in life or spirituality.

However if by path you mean spirituality, I don't follow one set spiritual path.  I label myself as a Polytheist, but my belief is more that 'all gods are one god' while other Polytheists believe that there are multiple gods.  Which I suppose is the same thing if you look at it from an outsider's point of view.  *shrugs*

Mercutio
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2011, 01:51:04 AM »

Do you follow a specific vampiric path or belong to a certain paradigm within the vampire community?

If so, which?

If not, why have you chosen not to belong or adopt a certain set of beliefs?

Describe your own personal identity with vampirism and what abilities, beliefs, or difficulties you attribute to your personal vampirism...

I've often been described as a Mradu (Guardian). From Father Sebastiaan's description in the Vampyre Sanguinomicon,  I believe it fits me quite well. I'm usually the protector or the enforcer. I'm generally very loyal as well, and often settle arguments that I don't even belong in (I'm usually asked to step in...) I don't have very many materialistic resources, so to speak, except some knowledge and solid experiences over the years.
From a young age (5), I've always had a few 'differences' that set me apart from others. It led me to do a lot of research among the metaphysical world, as well as Paganism and Wicca. I had always been drawn to everything metaphysical, to include everything on the astral plane. From that young age I've seen some things past the corporeal realm - still do today. All of that curiosity led me to Modern Vampyres and Vampyrism and learned what it was all about. I quickly discovered that most things I had been doing and experiencing were causes of my own Vampyrism. From there I took off into the larger community up until where I am today.
I'm a Hybrid. Besides feeding Psychically and through blood etc., I have the ability of compulsion, a bit of 'fore-sight', a bit of mind-reading, among other abilities.
The only difficulty I currently have is obtaining blood via donor. Psychic feeding is easy, but for me it's hard to get enough of what I need.
Anyways... that's my story I suppose. Hope this answers all the questions Tongue

Syrion Deathvow
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »

I have... almost no knowledge of these paths. Then again, I'm still a wee bit in the "I didn't want to be this, so I'll ignore it 'till I'm violently underfed" stage. Would someone care to explain? Are we speaking of religion?

Here lies Squidward's hopes and dreams
MorganCole
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2011, 10:24:27 AM »

I would have to agree with SoulSplat on this one 100%.

I try not to align myself with any existing paths.
For me this is more of a journey of self-discovery.
I feel trying to follow any "rule book" would get in the way of that journey.

Persephone1523
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »

Like Mercutio, I kind of see myself as A Guardian.

^,..,^ Spiritual Mother ^,..,^
BunnGA32
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »

Do you follow a specific vampiric path or belong to a certain paradigm within the vampire community?

If so, which?

If not, why have you chosen not to belong or adopt a certain set of beliefs?

Describe your own personal identity with vampirism and what abilities, beliefs, or difficulties you attribute to your personal vampirism...

I don't currently follow a specific path, I don't think, because truthfully this is all new to me in a way. I am a little embarrassed to admit, I'm an adult vampire with a childlike mentality and ignorance when it comes to who,what and why I am. I've been trying to find real truth and knowledge on vampirism and the vampiric condition for 15+ years. Apparently I wasn't looking hard enough or in the right places I guess, being that I finally found what I've been looking for (enter sarcasm here) and it only took me almost two decades. Or, it could also be that it was fate's plan to keep me mostly in the dark until now for a reason, and I am certainly grateful to finally found others like myself and knowledge in the same place. But I am a little bitter that it took this long to find what I've been looking for, because I've been completely alone this whole time, with no one to teach me, or guide me on any of it. No mentor to learn from. I had to figure out what I was, and learn how to deal with it by myself. I had to learn how to feed on my own, which I'm still not very good at by the way, and has left me underfed. At this point, the only thing I've had to keep me from being in worse shape than I am, is my natural abilities and instincts.

I will say though, that I will likely not choose one specific path because that just who I am. When it comes to religion, I consider myself to be spiritual, but I don't tie myself to any one religious group or belief because I don't agree with just one. I take pieces for many different religions, because those pieces make sense to me, and feel right. Where's the whole religion itself or all of it beliefs do not. Being a Capricorn, I don't follow very well, I lead myself, and others if that's what they wish. I don't do so well with a lot of rules and structure either. Don't get me wrong, rules do have a place and serve a purpose. Some should be obeyed by all and never allowed to be broken. While I feel others where put in place to keep idiots that don't know how to act right on there own in line, keep stupid people from hurting themselves and/or others and those poor souls that have little or no common sense, something to go by.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: