AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:06:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Have You Or Do You Reguarly Donate Blood, etc.? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Have You Or Do You Reguarly Donate Blood, etc.?  (Read 27949 times)
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »

Wow.... I've never had any ill effects from donating. I was a little fatigued afterward but it went away rather quickly. The best part was afterwards I went out to a bar and after only 3 drinks I was buzzed like a mofo. It normally takes me more than 9 beers just to feel it. It was great! I saved so much money which is another reason I donate regularly

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »

Wow.... I've never had any ill effects from donating. I was a little fatigued afterward but it went away rather quickly. The best part was afterwards I went out to a bar and after only 3 drinks I was buzzed like a mofo. It normally takes me more than 9 beers just to feel it. It was great! I saved so much money which is another reason I donate regularly

hahahahahahhahahahahahahah

or you could stop drinking for a month, and your tolerance is much lower.... i stopped drinking for several months, and now even a glass of white zin will make me rosy Wink (and white zin has the least alcohol content of the wines on average Wink )
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 07:37:15 PM »

W

GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »

or you could stop drinking for a month, and your tolerance is much lower.... i stopped drinking for several months, and now even a glass of white zin will make me rosy Wink (and white zin has the least alcohol content of the wines on average Wink )

What kind of communist notion is that? Stop drinking for a month?!?! are you nutters?Smiley I've worked hard at my alcoholism and I'm proud of it:)

belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 07:45:24 PM »

What kind of communist notion is that? Stop drinking for a month?!?! are you nutters?Smiley I've worked hard at my alcoholism and I'm proud of it:)

apparently you are a better pirate than i!

i used to have an uncle that would get upset at skim milk and go off his rocker about how it was communist milk.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »

That is so TRUE!!!! Skim milk is Communist milk!!! I mean why take something great and make it so bad? It's unamerican

Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 01:22:14 AM »

Never really thought about giving blood...cept once to find out what my blood type is =p

Sorry to hear bout your condition thought, i wouldnt be able to handle that...i would be unable to spar...(even unsharpened weapons can leave a wound) =p

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
audrianna
BANNED
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »

i donate blood to the red cross 4 times a year.i give hole blood. after they take the blood i get light headed and very pale. i always have to lay down and stick my legs in the air and its hard to get me to bleed. ^_^

I see your shadow so I know,
That they're all wrong.
Moonlight on the soft brown earth,
It leads me to where you lay.
They took you away from me,
But now I'm taking you home.
razorblade_recon
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 03:34:02 AM »

No, never...
lilith_angelle
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 08:41:32 AM »

i have, i donated plasma and whole blood, (inbetween peircings and tattoos) but they struggle to get a bag outta me for either because my blood wont flow fast.... i spent an hour constantly pumping my arm, i didnt have a problem with my blood pressure  dropping or anything (my skin became sensitive however when they went to take my blood pressure went bright red when they put the thing to my arm). i have to go back soon.... doesnt help im scared of needles  Sad
vitchy
Level 4 Contributor

Hello

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 03:10:33 AM »

I cant.  Im borderline anemic but Ive heard others say they experience be light headed and some passing out.

*look at the world thru pure light*
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 07:47:34 PM »

No, but I did once, for the blood test.
I hate needles so very much. lol

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
AerisDraconic
Level 2 Contributor

You just lost the game

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 08:39:16 PM »

Do you donate blood on a regular basis to the Red Cross or other organizations?  (not as a donor)
Yep

Do you suffer any ill effects from this donation?
Only when I don't eat. Oh but I do get panic attacks if I think too much into it. I've got this thing about needles, lol

Does this increase, decrease, or have any effect on your need to feed?
I am not a vampire, so this is not applicable to me

Do you donate platelets, plasma, or marrow as well?
No, but I've been meaning to do that.

You just lost the game.
S
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 09:14:14 AM »

Never have donated blood to the Red Cross...would be a donor, though, as long as there are NO NEEDLES!!!!!! DX
i hate needles.  i'd rather cut myself with a rusty metal stick.
Plump Black Swan
Level 3 Contributor

♥Let Flights Of Angels Sing Thee To Thy Rest♥

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 03:12:38 AM »

8)Greetings Good afternoon, Good evening, and to others like me Good Morning!

I have never donated blood in my lifetime.

But I have had blood drawn from myself for job requirements such as drug testing, tuberculosis,  etc..etc..etc...
I have seen and watched nurses draw blood from patients.

I find myself fascinated by the flow of blod coming from the vein into the vacutainer blood tube.
I stare at the deepness of it's color. This is the liquid of Life. Of truthfulness. Of Energy. Of Power. Of the Soul.

No-No-No. I would rather donate to a VAMPIRE.
And contemplate becoming a phlebotomist.

♡May your days be short & Nights everlasting♡
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: