AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:03:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Worthy Advice: Donating (Precautions)? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Worthy Advice: Donating (Precautions)?  (Read 16110 times)
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« on: November 10, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »

My girlfriend just recently informed me she'd be willing to be my donor and we haven't been together for more than two weeks or so, so I don't know her ENTIRE past. I haven't had many donors at all, so I am a bit unexperienced, though I am careful. I know a bit, but I'm still learning. It occurred to me that she could have a disease or STD that I couldn't know about yet, though she says she's been tested and nothing came up. I haven't seen the paperwork, but even though I trust her judgement, I still worry. So If anyone has ANY advice or pointers on the not so noticeable signs of an STD or anything I can get from her, or any personal advice on our situation at all, please post or pm me! Thanks.

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »

the best thing to get from here are.......... test results! cause people dont lie of course (not saying she does)
but dude, you cant be to careful....
seems you have a few doubts , go with your gut instinct about the issue at hand... best advice i can give is...
both of you together take your asses  and get tested at the same time..
look in the sang section or the donors section.... plenty  of sound advice
jayant ratna
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 01:40:05 AM »

RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 12:28:59 PM »

Would people that dont have a clue what they are talking about, please STFU?

Automotive Necromancer
display
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »

lmfao!
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 05:40:34 PM »

My girlfriend just recently informed me she'd be willing to be my donor and we haven't been together for more than two weeks or so, so I don't know her ENTIRE past. I haven't had many donors at all, so I am a bit unexperienced, though I am careful. I know a bit, but I'm still learning. It occurred to me that she could have a disease or STD that I couldn't know about yet, though she says she's been tested and nothing came up. I haven't seen the paperwork, but even though I trust her judgement, I still worry. So If anyone has ANY advice or pointers on the not so noticeable signs of an STD or anything I can get from her, or any personal advice on our situation at all, please post or pm me! Thanks.

When was she last tested? was it within 3 months ago? Ask her to get tested again, better safe than sorry. If she can't afford a doctor's visit, while it's best and recommended, you could try having her donate a pint to the Red Cross or something. they test the blood before using it andn if something negative comes up, they will give you a call. You could ask, i'm sure, for the test results.
Keep in mind, there are diseases that wont' show up right away. someone could be a carrier but not effected by it. Sometimes it takes as much as 3 months for something to come up.

I'd recommend learning a bit about the human anatomy. What areas are too dangerous, what areas may be safer.
There are also many sites around with lectures and articles about safe blood play practices. Do some research. know what you're doing and be sure to have some knowledge of first aid, make sure everything is sanitary and safe.

I will admit, though, i've not personally engaged in safe blood play/letting for a 'feed'. So this is more just knowledge than first hand experience.
Nadia115
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 08:01:03 PM »

From my learning (classes and certifications through Georgia POST) it would be best that you both are tested and then retest at about 3 months. I can vouch from working as a crime scene technician and having to deal with inmates that someone who appears to be extremely healthy can still be harboring a deadly disease. Many diseases can be passed through sexual intercourse, urine, feces, and blood. Some can even be passed through the air which is why I was forced to go through the Hepatitus shot series because of the high chance of contracting this. Though it still did not protect from all forms including airborne. ALWAYS err on the side of caution no matter what. many diseases out there should not be played around with as it would be akin to playing russian roulette. If she really cares about you, she will have no problem doing so IMO.

As an example there were two kids that decided to car jack a man one day and take police on a car chase. They flipped the SUV so many times that the inmate I had to deal with literally said"We did more flips than a fucking olympic gymnist." . He had to be cut out of the vehicle and honestly should have been dead. Even so, it was a broken wrist and fingers with a lot of cuts and bruises. VERY healthy young teen. While asking him why in the world he would do such stupid things he shrugged and told me since he was still bleeding a little I needed to wear gloves when I fingerprinted him as his reason for not caring was the same reason I should be wearing gloves. His mom was a druggie who did not take care to use clean needles. Though he was able to do things normal teens could and appeared perfectly healthy, he was born with AIDS. He was hoping to die and had been for many years because he will never be able to have a girlfriend or a family of his own. Had he not told me and us not doing blood tests..I NEVER would have known. There are many out there who are AIDS positive and do not know it because they still feel healthy. So please, do blood tests as many diseases go on unknown about by their carrier because they just haven't had symptoms...YET.
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 09:53:59 PM »

I have been VERY cautious of any STDs(hence,this post...) BEFOREHAND, because I know how dangerous it is and I know It is something I won't let myself get. Though I may be moving to San Francisco in a year or so, and as many of us know, San Francisco is pretty much gay capital of the world.I know that usually the gay community runs a higher count of the diseased and AIDS infected, so I will have to be pretty careful while in San Fran. Though, being as I am a gay female, the risk is much, much lessened, being as neither of us produces sperm.I will see when she was tested and if its not within three or so months, I will ask her to get tested again, as will i get tested myself. Im attempting to be as careful and cautious as I can and go through ALL the precautions before the feed. But I've always wondered why the risk is greater amongst the gay population?  (PS-thanks for the advice given)

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
jayant ratna
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 11:23:46 PM »

display
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 11:36:17 PM »

i hate to break it to you... but sperm is not the only body fluid that can carry HIV or HEP or syph or .... females can transmit these through Vaginal fluid aswell..

I have been VERY cautious of any STDs(hence,this post...) BEFOREHAND, because I know how dangerous it is and I know It is something I won't let myself get. Though I may be moving to San Francisco in a year or so, and as many of us know, San Francisco is pretty much gay capital of the world.I know that usually the gay community runs a higher count of the diseased and AIDS infected, so I will have to be pretty careful while in San Fran. Though, being as I am a gay female, the risk is much, much lessened, being as neither of us produces sperm.I will see when she was tested and if its not within three or so months, I will ask her to get tested again, as will i get tested myself. Im attempting to be as careful and cautious as I can and go through ALL the precautions before the feed. But I've always wondered why the risk is greater amongst the gay population?  (PS-thanks for the advice given)
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:12:51 AM »

that was very funny, besides is it not a law abiding citizen who would be in chance. there are laws against such unnatural practices, which is the reason for such tasking. Take away the laws, and they would still trace together and much faster. There isn't a law against outlaws who wouldn't fight. The species, actually race to the finish, and the transmission is usually very fast. It might be a conjecture though.

It is illegal for those under age to partake in such acts. Those of legal age of consent can, though it's still frowned upon as "uncommon" or something.
A contract or mutual agreement might come in handy, in case a donor decides they didn't like the experience, they do have the ability to turn around and claim assault, i believe.
The act of blood play/letting/sharing is a personal thing and is legal (to my understanding) for consenting adults, bdsm clubs and bedrooms have not been broken into or shut down for violating laws.

Many diseases can be spread by bodily fluids (blood, semen, vaginal fluid, saliva even[though i guess i haven't heard much about it], etc) many of them considering sexually and blood transmittable, because they are. Some considered STDs aren't transmittable through fluid, but through physical contact with an affected area.

To OP:
*nods* i'm sorry i didn't mention that both of you should be tested, as it's a two way street, especially if your mouth is going to be in contact with the wound.
Nadia115
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:14 AM »

Though, being as I am a gay female, the risk is much, much lessened, being as neither of us produces sperm.

Maybe I should have been clearer when I mentioned sexual intercourse as I had meant that no matter your sexual preference, diseases can and are spread both from sperm and vaginal fluids. I have heard the myth that lesbians are far less likely to contract deadly diseases due to lack of sperm, but from a medical knowledge base I am telling you, it is just that...a myth.
jayant ratna
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:06 AM »

RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »

Now, for those of us NOT living in a fairy tale world, let me point out one more time -  ANY bodily fluid possesses with it the risk of transmission of disease,and while the degree may vary, all should be treated with the same high degree of caution.  That is, dont allow any bodily fluid exchange until both persons in question have been tested thoroughly, with both having waited the 6-12 months from point of last interaction with any past encounters to ensure accurate tests.  (IE, police officers have to get tested at one, three, six, twelve and twenty four months if being bitten by someone to ensure being free of disease.)

Automotive Necromancer
Rayna
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 02:03:23 PM »

Other than test, re-test, and continue testing (and most health departments offer free or very cheap testing)...I would also like to add something else.....

From a mental persepective, I think it is important to find out WHY she is willing to do this especially so early in your relationship and be sure that she is really mentally suited to being a donor.  If she is only doing it because she has insecurities about the relationship which she may or may not readily admit, then this may not be the best thing at this time because if the relationship goes wrong it could leave her feeling very confused and abused.  While you of course need to take your safety into account it is also HIGHLY important that you consider the safety and well being of any donor, particularly one that you are involved with. 

Have her come to the site and read all of the information on the issue, have her talk to other swans, etc. so that she can really make an informed choice for herself and not make one out of misconceptions or insecurities about your relationship.  If she has low self esteem and thinks this is the only way to keep you interested in her or the relationship then you need to address those issues and work on that FIRST before she thinks about being a donor.  ( I am not saying that is the case, just saying that you need to take aspect into consideration and make sure that she is protected as well.)

And always make sure that you work in a sterile and safe environment for her as well.

If you are a mebmer of a local House it may help for her to be a part of the community first as well, to help with these issues.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: