AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:36:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  How Do You Cope With Extreme Hunger Or Cravings? Sang Or Psi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: How Do You Cope With Extreme Hunger Or Cravings? Sang Or Psi  (Read 53043 times)
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« on: February 08, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »

How do you cope with extreme hunger, cravings, or vamp-out, twoofing, etc?

Blood?

Psi / Energetic?

onyxrayne
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »

It's strange, but I usually put a LOT of salt on my food, it seems to make the cravings go away for a bit.
arcane
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »

How do you cope with extreme hunger, cravings, or vamp-out, twoofing, etc?

Blood?

Psi / Energetic?

1st I go for my energy reserves.

2nd once that runs out, I reach out to the city in general, going for the light ambient in the area. This takes the 'edge' off.

3rd I try to physically eat something with potassium in it. That seems to stave off energy hunger.

4th I seek core feeding from those I know as donors. If I'm not online or able to call them, I just reach to those I'm close with, that we have the understanding if I need, I can take. I prefer not to go this route blindly, as they could be driving and that can cause serious problems for them.

That's about as far as I've needed so far.

Anyone else have methods to share?

-Arcane

amber mallis
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:04:26 AM »

I usually go after rare steak, I get midnight cravings, and just strange cravings at random during the whole day, like as in morning time wanting mashed potatoes or pasta, then during the evening wanting eggs and bacon. I know that I crave too much food and I keep eating until I feel sick to my stomach.
I'm very energetic, so when I have lack of energy, I still let it out, though I'm probably on my last strand.
I also sleep a lot. Sometimes over-sleeping is a sign of either a great dream or lack of feeding.
enntross
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:41:34 AM »

I usually go after rare steak, I get midnight cravings, and just strange cravings at random during the whole day, like as in morning time wanting mashed potatoes or pasta, then during the evening wanting eggs and bacon. I know that I crave too much food and I keep eating until I feel sick to my stomach.
I'm very energetic, so when I have lack of energy, I still let it out, though I'm probably on my last strand.
I also sleep a lot. Sometimes over-sleeping is a sign of either a great dream or lack of feeding.

Of course, that's why all the vapyres will asleep if they don't feeds for a long time and it could be really threaten for them familly or the approximate people because they will be so tired and as a consequance will impresss to feed all will be arround them instead of feed consciously.
Weirdsister
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 01:14:19 PM »

Feeding on natural elments, but to do it successfully one should have good rapport with at least one of them, I believe. For me it's water.

One particle of poison in a sea of poison.
(Steve Aylett)
Rue
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 02:40:23 PM »

Energy~
I wash my hands allot-
Or run around like crazy.
Try to, anyway.
Or clean..
Orrr..
Breathe-
Or eat ice.

When I post...

I post.
Stellar
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »

Feeding on natural elments, but to do it successfully one should have good rapport with at least one of them, I believe. For me it's water.

I agree, we are similar in this respect.

I also agree with Arcane (Hi--ARCANE!) K+ is important.
VampiricAcid15
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »

Blood. Only through ones blood
ariesffa1500
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 12:16:35 AM »

I control my hunger. I've not fed in years, but because of that I feel the hunger sing to me as it were whenever I am awake. The only time I have been awake and the hunger wasn't singing was on holy ground. I do not indulge my hunger but I suffer for that lack of indulgence.

From whence we have come do we once again return. Life and Death are integral parts of the same whole, without one the other does not exist.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Such is true, thus knowledge is power so knowledge corrupts and absolute knowledge corrupts absolutely.
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 08:11:12 PM »

well a couple of points first about donors there is an old saying "don't bite the hand that feeds " no pun intended but always take care of your donors and they will take care of you. Second point I know my limits how long I can go without feeding I think that is part of the control you can control your thirst or it will control you I found that meditations works for me (sit in the woods away from everything and use my senses to hear ,feel ,see ,and smell the outdoors) and in rare situations animal blood its not the same but will take some of the craving away until a donor comes along but everyone is different even vampires

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
FODO
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »

I control my hunger. I've not fed in years, but because of that I feel the hunger sing to me as it were whenever I am awake. The only time I have been awake and the hunger wasn't singing was on holy ground. I do not indulge my hunger but I suffer for that lack of indulgence.

To not feed for years seems a little unfortunate. But seeing how I can not relate. I cannot and will not allow my self to judge. Shoud u ever need a feeding. give me a call.  Wink lol
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »

lol....extreme hunger.....thats dangrous ground.....for me it means seeing red...almost to the point of madness....

if i catch myself before i lose it....i usualy try to spread my burden across a large crowd of excited people....such that i dont force any one person to drop to the ground...=p

from what ive uncovered in my meditations of when i dont catch myself....usualy there ends up one less spirit around or so.....as little is left from my dazed hunting.....but ive been better about that....its a poor substitute, but i try to devour void energies rather than vital energies in such extreme situations...it gives such a odd satisfaction in satiation....

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »

I don't. Letting myself off the hook is a very dangerous thing. Any sense I have is thrown right out the window with both the baby and the bathwater. I get headaches, my fight or flight reflex goes into overload and I start responding to things excessively. It's just not very good at all for anyone.

My energy is the core foundation of my person... It has become so tied into everything I do that I just do it without thinking. I probe, I touch, I feel, I explore, I expand and contract deep inside of my soul. Without that I can do none of those things. The result is a very basic monster set on mutual destruction because at that point, unless I feed, I resort to very basic defensive instincts that are safe for neither anyone else nor myself. It is mutual destruction, and before the elders found me and taught me about who and what I was exactly then that is basically what I was up to. I was just going out at everything that I possibly saw as a challenge, and looking back at it all it sickens me because there are people out there attracted to such a thing and it really draws in the wrong sort of crowd.

So I always feed whenever I need to. I have explained how I feed before but for this thread I might as well do so again. At 4 points around my house I have 4 servitors, or "constructs" if you prefer to call it that, designed to take in and store energy up until a certain point, then it just sustains itself. With tendrils I connect those to a core servitor underground which acts as a guide to help me ground myself deeper when I feel the need to do so. From that point I connect another tendril to a ball of energy in my hands that I drain into my central chakra. I use the word chakra loosely because I don't know what else to call it. I am still learning more about ... that.

I used to seal off my chakra points with a cap so I wouldn't waste any energy or use it unintentionally. This really helped me focus but it started to mess with me a little bit. The energy would get stale yet still be there and I wouldn't realize this until it was all gone and I was acting like a "facefart". So I pulled the cap out a bit and instead connected it with a cord, or tendril, and use the space between to push out the used energy and let it pass out of me so it doesn't build up and get stale. It took some time for me to grasp this concept because I didn't really understand... the "existence" of the energy I was using. I guess I thought it just all goes away and fades to black, just like me then, and I guess the world turned out to be more of a duality than I thought it was. That was my youth, part of my awakening...

So I don't get to that point because my servitors just push out more energy whenever I am in the right location in my home, which is anywhere in my cozy little bedroom.

I will never feed from another person directly unless I reaaaaaally felt the need to teach them a lesson. By "reaaaaaally" I mean like they would have to hit my mother or something like that.

If this all seems sort of crude then that is because I have astral blindness and I am going on empathy only. Without my empathy the fact that I am psi would mean absolutely nothing and I am not sure if I could feed unless I somehow broke the barriers of astral blindness. To that end I have grown more accustomed to "working" with other people that can act in ways that I cannot so it certainly has it's strengths as well.

Wow, sorry for going on and on... feel free to read absolutely none of my ranting.  Cheesy

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
Altheia
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 08:08:38 AM »

I experience extreme hunger on a regularly basis, as I'm not feeding as often as I should do it.
But then I'm going out into the nature for elemental feeding. That's the most sufficient feeding method for me.
When the hunger is getting to strong I really have to leave the presence of others, as I can't control myself that good, so unintentionally feeding could happen.
Also the electrical things around me can be effected, as I often notice malfunctions, when I've got extreme hunger.
But to cope with that better I'm practicing QiGong now on a regularly basis (daily) so to have a good energy flow, even if I'm not feeding for some months.

Actually I'm refusing to feed regularly cause when I'm getting used to it, it's just like a kind of addiction. Then I have to feed at defined days.
I encountered that first, as I was visiting a musical on a monthly basis. I was doing ambient feeding there, but I had to do it after three or four months really regularly.
So I was visiting that musical at first once a month, and after a year twice. And I was getting drowsy or even ill, when I couldn't go there.
It was really hard for me, as the musical left Berlin. So I couldn't go there anymore. Two months later I had a really bad pneumonia, lying in the bed and couldn't do anything.
I recovered from that experience very slowly. So now I'm attending different events every now and then for ambient feeding, but as I prefer feeding from natural elements, I'm doing that only on rare occasions.
And I'm working on different methods to advance my ambient and elemental feeding, of course.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: