AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 06:53:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Therianthropy & Were (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  What Is It Like For You To Be A Wolf? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What Is It Like For You To Be A Wolf?  (Read 11416 times)
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 12:28:19 pm »

^_^ got'cha.. sorry if there was any confusion or anything Tongue
Oculus
Level 2 Contributor

They are coming.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 01:04:22 am »

I think it's great to have the whole wolf therianthropy thing going on. I definitely agree that we pick up cues about what is going to happen and have a good amount more time to react to it. Can't say I am a hater of twilight, I rather enjoy being told I look like Jacob. I like looking at the treelines covered in fog up in the mountains and having this huge urge to just run there. I definitely have good physical capabilites, but I think thats rather from going to the gym than having wolf "attributes."

I was here at the start. I will be here at the end.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 02:36:01 pm »

Therian school survival tips:

The coffee grounds idea was a good one.  Orange peel is also a good choice, as the scent is soothing to the human brain, and can cut through most other odors.

If you're overwhelmed, excuse yourself to a deserted restroom, and do some relaxation exercises.  Being trapped in a room isn't a big issue, as wolves are not claustrophobic.  Being trapped in a room with a bunch of humans while half of your brain would like to run as far away from them as possible, that can be a bit stressful.

I swear I spent half of my high school career holding my breath.  And there is nothing, by far, worse than diesel bus exhaust.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Danielle
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 06:03:12 pm »

All of it is about control and maintaining a mental balance. I know it can be hard, your instincts hard to overcome, and your thoughts hard to calm, but you have to learn how to. The more you do it the easier it gets. When you feel the urge to do something that you no is wrong or because you are scared, calm your wolf, soothe yourself. Remember you are a person, not an animal. Remember you have responsibilities and need to maintain a calm, and collected self. Then when you get the chance let it all out in a controlled and safe manner.

The strength of the wolf is the pack. The strength of the pack is the wolf.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: