AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2020, 09:48:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Therianthropy & Were (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Therianthropy? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Therianthropy?  (Read 23036 times)
display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 07:56:03 pm »

I would suggest we close this thread and move on with our own paths
Nadia115
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 08:56:30 pm »

Yes. It was human greed pure and simple. And I agree that the Bible has been HEAVILY twisted in many instances and that *is* a huge problem. You won't find any argument from me there. The fact that it was done "in the name of God" irks me because it was really done "in the name of the almighty dollar" (granted, they were doubloons or whatnot back then, but you get my point).

I honestly believe as long as there are humans wandering upon the earth with SOMETHING they could gain, that will remain a problem. It just changes a little bit here and there over the years. I am not sure I have learned of any society or belief system that is not guilty of these things some where through out time. Unfortunately, that will never change no matter the culture, area or religion that is being looked at. Greed will forever remain a problem and the human race will use what ever they can to justify themselves.

Ah, now we're getting into the fun stuff. These things that you're quoting are in there, but I believe fully that they applied to a group of people thousands of years ago. Romans was a collection of letters from Paul to various churches, giving them advice on how to proceed in handling specific problems that were explicitly relegated to those churches in that particular time period. Beyond that, I believe that the nitty gritty details... well let's be realistic: the Bible is over 1,500 years old and society has changed drastically since then.

That was my point. Though stated a little further down  Wink I did not go so much into detail, but the point is that it is a collection of thoughts and words that was also written down by man LOOOOONNNNGGGG ago. Times were very different then than they are now. So we really are agreeing on that.

I fully believe that man wrote the Bible, God didn't sit up there with a quill. It's an oral tradition of an ancient civilization that contains a great deal of historical merit (whether some of the "miracles" happened as stated or not, they're *stories* after all) as well as the account of a God and a bunch of rules that I think I am comfortable living my life by. Beyond that, I've had personal experiences that suggest to me that Christianity is the right path... for me. The addition of that last "for me" really encompasses my thoughts. Everyone has a different path to walk and I don't believe there is a single universal truth. There is no One "right way". There are many paths to the divine and this one simply works for me. I don't expect it to work for everyone.

I am thinking such a being could just make it come into being without having to touch paper or quill lol. That is also how I view the bible. A collection of stories, a very good look into the thoughts and mindset of people from ancient times and some of their stories that have been shared. A very good history book if you know what you are sifting through and are able to see the historical goodies and the stories as separate. Though it is not the path of choice for me, I still do not throw it out the window and dismiss anyone who does believe. The rules are also very good ones to live by and interestingly there are MANY ancient cultures who have very similar rules given to them by Gods and such. Of course you will also have many differences toothat separate them from one another. To me, I feel that it makes much more sense if *I* were a Goddess to take into account each culture and set of people prior to approaching them with rules or trying to help send them on a religious path that would make sense and feel right to THEM. Such as the Native American beliefs all surround animals and nature. It would be the most logical thing for a omnipotent being to do is give many different ways of following a good life/path so that people are more likely to find something that they can relate with. Of course this is not counting insane extremists and the twisting and perversion of religions.

I would suggest we close this thread and move on with our own paths

Pfffttt...Sentinel and I are having a very interesting conversation and I am not sure about her but I am enjoying the conversation between us. I enjoy history and religious subjects.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2010, 10:10:28 pm »

Actually, Im here partly due to a concern of stagnation of the board, something to do with wanting fresh blood and willing to say controversial things and what have you. Apparently, this board tends to go dead for weeks at a time - yet i post, and lo and behold, boom, twenty posts in response. go fig.

Nadia - Yea, I suppose we canucks arent as afraid to stir the pot. My question is, why would what I say be taken personally? For that matter, what makes MY questions any less valid than someone elses?

Watchman - I know a fair bit more than you obviously want to admit.  Just because what I say has the unpleasant sting of reality to them, does not make them any less valid.  I will state that the persecution bit was me claiming it over nothing - me borrowing a page that I have seen played soooo many times, here included. "Oh they are hard on me because I am a (insert religion here)".  Easy to do, isnt it?  How bout, "Oh, they are bitching at me cause I speak my mind"?  not a lot of difference there, is there?  However, it is good to see the natural reaction be voiced from you - how your only response to words of logic is that of violence. Telling, No?  But let me counter that little aching of violence of yours with your own little words --  "Now please, don't think me saying this means that I believe that people don't have choices.  It's true, that we always have a choice.  We are responsible for our decisions.  However when that choice is to either blindly follow or die, or when it is an option to let your family starve or be taken care of, then the choice (while yours) seems relatively clear."   Well, Watchman, therein lies the rub - people make the choice to subscribe to that which has worked tirelessly for ten thousand years as a whole to keep humanity back, subvert it, control it, enslave it, and me, well, I choose to hold peoples feet in the fire for their choices.   The fact that you , quote, "tried to remain calm and speak politely for the most part here, even though my instinct is to remove your throat for offending and attacking my mate", when I have done no more than use words on an electronic screen, proves resoundingly the fatal flaws in your faith, showing how you are no different at your core than those muslim extremists screaming holy jihad on cartoonists for making their own opinions clear.  Well, Up Thine, some of us wont be cowed in fear by the likes of your ilk.

Automotive Necromancer
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 11:03:02 pm »

I'm at a coffee house at the moment trying to enjoy my Saturday night - not putting up with the drama.  Locking thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: