AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 20, 2019, 04:08:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Nonfictional Psionics Timeline 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nonfictional Psionics Timeline  (Read 3985 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: August 21, 2010, 08:53:57 pm »

Psionics is the study and/or practice of using the mind to induce paranormal phenomena. Post your events and sources here. I'll keep it updated.

4.13.1953   MKULTRA project was started on the order of CIA director Allen Dulles
1959          Ken Kesey writes One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
1962          One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey published
10.6.1966   Use of LSD made illegal in the United States
1973          CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MKULTRA files destroyed
1975          MKULTRA brought to wide public attention by U.S. Congress

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:55:51 pm »

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA

Project MKULTRA, or MK-ULTRA, was the code name for a covert, illegal CIA human research program, run by the Office of Scientific Intelligence. This official U.S. government program began in the early 1950s, continuing at least through the late 1960s, and it used U.S. and Canadian citizens as its test subjects.

The published evidence indicates that Project MKULTRA involved the surreptitious use of many types of drugs, as well as other methods, to manipulate individual mental states and to alter brain function.

Project MKULTRA was first brought to wide public attention in 1975 by the U.S. Congress, through investigations by the Church Committee, and by a presidential commission known as the Rockefeller Commission. Investigative efforts were hampered by the fact that CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MKULTRA files destroyed in 1973; the Church Committee and Rockefeller Commission investigations relied on the sworn testimony of direct participants and on the relatively small number of documents that survived Helms' destruction order.

Although the CIA insists that MKULTRA-type experiments have been abandoned, 14-year CIA veteran Victor Marchetti has stated in various interviews that the CIA routinely conducts disinformation campaigns and that CIA mind control research continued. In a 1977 interview, Marchetti specifically called the CIA claim that MKULTRA was abandoned a "cover story."

On the Senate floor in 1977, Senator Ted Kennedy said:

The Deputy Director of the CIA revealed that over thirty universities and institutions were involved in an "extensive testing and experimentation" program which included covert drug tests on unwitting citizens "at all social levels, high and low, native Americans and foreign." Several of these tests involved the administration of LSD to "unwitting subjects in social situations." At least one death, that of Dr. Olson, resulted from these activities. The Agency itself acknowledged that these tests made little scientific sense. The agents doing the monitoring were not qualified scientific observers.

To this day most specific information regarding Project MKULTRA remains highly classified.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 01:01:33 am »

OK, first, why are you including Cookoos nest in this? Yes, i see the guy was part of the experiments, but I did read the book in high school, nothing paranormal about it; just a simple mind fuck book. 

Secondly, regarding the yankee experiments - it seems likely they simply did some things that would of been considered non kosher these days and destroyed the evidence, as they were and are known to do. Most of it seems to be using chems or other mindfuck items to screw with peoples heads; very little if anything to suggest direct 'paranormal' investigation. 

If you want to see a government looking into the paranormal, the Russians did do fairly extensive research into it, and it was rumored,  though Ive seen no proof, the Nazis tried briefly as well, but didnt get far at all.

Automotive Necromancer
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:57:50 am »

I was on the fence about the Cockoo's nest thing too. I saw Ken Kesey was part of the Merry Pranksters which were important to "hippie" history. And I think "hippies" are important when talking about the history of LSD. And its been theoried LSD allows you reach into a usually untapped part of the mind.. . .

Concernng MKULTRA, I agree it is the keystone for many conspiracey theories. No one really has any proof of what went on. Maybe we should add something after the name like, "occurrences of paranormal experiments still up for debate". Or an asterisk.

Perhaps its just my personality. I like to view ALL the FACTS about something. And I can be very thorough.

Everything I've listed are FACTS. I'd like people to use it do further research and make their own assumptions.

The Russian and Nazi experiments sound fascinating. Please add them when you find some dates and sources.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
arcane
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 01:43:59 pm »

Ummm you're missing some dates. Like the past 3,000 years.  Cheesy

SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 04:00:00 pm »

Ummm you're missing some dates. Like the past 3,000 years.  Cheesy

Tell me about them. Be sure to post your sources.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: