AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Previous Relationship = Donor (Of Sorts)? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Previous Relationship = Donor (Of Sorts)?  (Read 7374 times)
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« on: August 09, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »

Ok, i don't fully claim vampirism, but i do recognize a need for energy.. whether it's pure feed, or just a need for exchange or to trigger circulation or whatever, i'm not sure..
regardless, i need outside (as in, not myself) source or something..

My last relationship didn't last long.. and.. well.. he was complicated. but he saw me regularly and.. seemed very willing to let go of some of his energy for me.. he practically encouraged it..
I did mention to him about my belief on 'real' vampirism, not that i was or believed i was or could be one, but yeah..
he flat out denied it was possible, that the only true vampires were demons (or the dead whose spirits came back and blah blah).. i dont' fully remember his description.. but i believed he may have had a screw loose..
not so much that he's crazy, just.. had some odd beliefs and hobbies..*shrugs* but i'm respectful and open-minded, mostly..

ANYWAY, so he did prove to be a good donor.. but we broke up with him claiming he couldn't be himself around me but when he moved back up here, he would be willing to try again, and he wanted to remain friends at least.
I get the feeling he'd be fine with hanging out.. and.. i've been pretty "Hungry" lately.. i'm not sure the best approach to take with him.. using the V word would probably be a huge turn off.. but i want to be as honest as possible..  any suggestions/reccomendations?
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:10:18 PM »

Just tell him you're 'out of balance' and need energy.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:29:21 PM »

yeah..

how have any of you gone about attaining a donor? Did you use the "V word"? or did you explain your reasons without that word?
has anyone else had such a relationship turn into a donor relationship?
Thought
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »

Yes and I did use the 'V' word as I cared deeply for this person as a friend and wanted to be completely honest.  I also knew this person quite well and was pretty sure they could handle my explanation.  I was calm and gave background on my own beliefs and why I was telling them.  I tried to be complimentary, letting them know I thought them a good friend and that their energy 'tasted' pretty good to me.

So there are some things to consider.  Do you think the person could handle the V word?  If not; I wouldn't go there.  It sounds like you've discussed energy work with him before, if he doesn't believe in it, you could also just tell him 'hey for whatever reason I feel better when I hang out with you from time to time.'  If you truly think he still wants to be friends, why not 'hang out' like you did before?

iVamp : Ask me what kinds of Apps I come with.
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »

*nods* that sounds about the best approach so far..
i can't remember if he believes in energy or not, but i know he doesn't believe in 'real vampires' as the sort of people who need to take energy from others.
he recognizes the only true vampire as something of a demon.
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 03:44:46 AM »

Yes and I did use the 'V' word as I cared deeply for this person as a friend and wanted to be completely honest.  I also knew this person quite well and was pretty sure they could handle my explanation.  I was calm and gave background on my own beliefs and why I was telling them.  I tried to be complimentary, letting them know I thought them a good friend and that their energy 'tasted' pretty good to me.

So there are some things to consider.  Do you think the person could handle the V word?  If not; I wouldn't go there.  It sounds like you've discussed energy work with him before, if he doesn't believe in it, you could also just tell him 'hey for whatever reason I feel better when I hang out with you from time to time.'  If you truly think he still wants to be friends, why not 'hang out' like you did before?
Great advice Thought. This is possibly a reasonable approach. You don't necessarily have to claim vampirism but merely explain your need for energy exchange. If this is his belief, you cannot and should not change that. All you can do is accept it on his terms. After all he is the one providing.

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: