AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 20, 2019, 04:11:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Why I Don't Believe In Psionics 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Why I Don't Believe In Psionics  (Read 24969 times)
razorblade_recon
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2010, 02:07:52 am »

The bunny thread......wow...thats all I got.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2010, 02:17:53 am »

Considering the true hell that goes on in the mideast, africa, and even some other places, Hardly. Im warm, I have shelter, food, stable employment AND learning an ever growing trade, living some place where I needn't shoot back or worry about my home and property vandalized or stolen or destroyed every night, not worrying bout what I am going to do for food tomorrow, and while my love life may suck, that's simply me being overly fussy and not wanting anything local; too much floating around I dont want.

Overall, I have it pretty damned good, and Ive built most of what I have, despite setbacks and personal fuckups. Damned GFs. XDD

All that said, I would also say, I am...peripherally aware of how some beings react poorly to a touch of Chaos. Wink

Automotive Necromancer
razorblade_recon
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2010, 02:19:28 am »

awesome
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2010, 02:20:27 am »

That was so not the answers you expected, was it? Wink

Automotive Necromancer
Soulshroude
Level 4 Contributor

A whisper in the wind, heard in the dead of night

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2010, 02:22:45 am »

Your are one for sensationalism, aren't you Coon... do your thrive off of throwing people off your scent or what?  Bloody raccoons!  Where's my shotgun...

"Those of whom hath commited a fault, shall be given the chance to redeem themselves." ~Faust~

"To labor under a dilusion of grandeur will, as time allows.. corrupt." ~Soulshroude~
razorblade_recon
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2010, 04:15:12 am »

I expected every possible answer, all I sought was your opinion on how you viewed your situation so the plight here would be is that it was exactly the answer that I expected.
Nadia115
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2010, 11:24:04 am »

Mert, the picture did not show up...as far as the bunny thread..uuummm...wowsers LMBO!
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2010, 12:08:20 pm »

Fixed (just scroll back a page).

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2010, 12:21:22 pm »

why is the dead bunny back?

Damn you Mert!  DAMN YOOOOUUUUUU!

*that bunny trolled the boards, btw.  See what happens when Mert gets mad?  Hes a meanie!*

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Nadia115
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2010, 12:38:41 pm »

LMAO! Ahhh...dead bunny picture is exactly why I do not want any bunny help  Cheesy
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2010, 01:45:03 pm »

Does this mean the thread is now as dead as the bunny?

Booo....

Just when there was something resembling discussion.

Summary:

Coon doesn't believe in psi because lots of people accuse him of doing bad psi things.

Edit by Tara: Aaahhhhh...we were beginning to do well without personal junk being tossed back and forth...lets try to keep it that way. The splitting hairs comment from koon was on the line, but still not personal..just his view of what you said.

... and many here are master debaters?

Paindancer
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2010, 07:12:54 pm »

Just remember, curiosity may of killed the cat, but it only mangled the raccoon.  Add to that, raccoons are the single most adaptable mammal (aside of humanity) in existence; able to take anything from Canada's great white north to downtown NYC. :p

Automotive Necromancer
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2010, 10:55:17 am »

Does this mean the thread is now as dead as the bunny?

Booo....

Just when there was something resembling discussion.

Summary:

Coon doesn't believe in psi because lots of people accuse him of doing bad psi things.

Edit by Tara: Aaahhhhh...we were beginning to do well without personal junk being tossed back and forth...lets try to keep it that way. The splitting hairs comment from koon was on the line, but still not personal..just his view of what you said.

Hardly an attack Tara and that was out of  line edit.  If you read the OP, that is indeed the premise of what he was saying.  I wasnt even responding to his thread, rather recapping the fact that the thread had been killed, the OP's position, and the fact very little was accomplished.   If you have issue with what I have said, please feel free to PM me in the future and I will be happy to edit if you feel something was too harsh. 

Paindancer
Nadia115
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2010, 01:01:44 pm »

PD, what I read was some examples of energy type things he has been accused of along with him stating that he has also been told he has been attacked psychically and never felt anything. There fore, how could he be guilty of what he has been accused if no one has been able to turn the tables on him. That he used to believe in it all but has done some more studies and due to not having any personal expierences he no longer believes it can be done. I did not see any where he had indicated that his whole premise on not believing is because he has been accused of bad things. The statement you made could possibly lead right back into a whole repeat argument between you two about the wife, online turning and so on. As it seems that the discussion IS/WAS moving along fine, I did the edit and stated what I did as a warning to you both to NOT start back into that old argument that has been overly rehashed and it is akin to just standing around beating a dead horse. I did not see what you had stated as the OPs position at all. Actually it seems his position is the opposite as his main complaint has been he has never felt anything coming from someone else. I was not angrily waving a big stick, nor was I snotty about it and I think I was very clear that we did not need to go back down that old road yet again..this goes for anyone. We have discussed our own personal issues and views of things in PM and I know I stated I was trying to get the bickering and personal problems off the forums as much as possible. This personal problem between you two has been kicked to death for about a month now in just about every subject you two post in. I believe I also stated I did not like being made to feel that I am being bossed around. I was very upfront and blunt about that I believe. I also know I had posted to the forum that I couldn't give a rats furry behind what personal issues and past grievances are going on between you two, that I just did not want it to keep getting stirred and end up in fights on the boards. I have read the OP and have followed this and stand by what I have read his meanings behind the posts to be. If it was not your intention, I do apologize as you may have read into everything differently than I had. It does not mean I am changing my view on his arguments as it is still very plain to me that his gripe is that he has never felt anything being done to him and I still do not want this old dead argument to restart and take back over yet another conversation/subject.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:09 pm »

PD, what I read was some examples of energy type things he has been accused of along with him stating that he has also been told he has been attacked psychically and never felt anything. There fore, how could he be guilty of what he has been accused if no one has been able to turn the tables on him. That he used to believe in it all but has done some more studies and due to not having any personal expierences he no longer believes it can be done. I did not see any where he had indicated that his whole premise on not believing is because he has been accused of bad things. The statement you made could possibly lead right back into a whole repeat argument between you two about the wife, online turning and so on. As it seems that the discussion IS/WAS moving along fine, I did the edit and stated what I did as a warning to you both to NOT start back into that old argument that has been overly rehashed and it is akin to just standing around beating a dead horse. I did not see what you had stated as the OPs position at all. Actually it seems his position is the opposite as his main complaint has been he has never felt anything coming from someone else. I was not angrily waving a big stick, nor was I snotty about it and I think I was very clear that we did not need to go back down that old road yet again..this goes for anyone. We have discussed our own personal issues and views of things in PM and I know I stated I was trying to get the bickering and personal problems off the forums as much as possible. This personal problem between you two has been kicked to death for about a month now in just about every subject you two post in. I believe I also stated I did not like being made to feel that I am being bossed around. I was very upfront and blunt about that I believe. I also know I had posted to the forum that I couldn't give a rats furry behind what personal issues and past grievances are going on between you two, that I just did not want it to keep getting stirred and end up in fights on the boards. I have read the OP and have followed this and stand by what I have read his meanings behind the posts to be. If it was not your intention, I do apologize as you may have read into everything differently than I had. It does not mean I am changing my view on his arguments as it is still very plain to me that his gripe is that he has never felt anything being done to him and I still do not want this old dead argument to restart and take back over yet another conversation/subject.

I do believe we have different perspectives on his motivation and rational.  Thats fine.  Debating that is what boards are for.  I do think you misunderstood context, (for example my post was in no relation to coons on splitting hairs).

Editing and removing my post because you don't agree with it, however I have issue with.  If our words are going to be subject to mod editing and reshaping at will, I do not think this will be a safe place to post much longer.  I am not saying to allow insults and fighting, but in this instance it seemed you changed my words because you didn't understand them.  You feel bossed around?  Im a sorry to hear that..  I dont know why you would feel that way in this context.

Feel free to continue this in PM.

Paindancer
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: