AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 07:42:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Why I Don't Believe In Psionics 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Why I Don't Believe In Psionics  (Read 26879 times)
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2010, 02:22:14 pm »

Unrelated to this particular post but to clarify board policy for anyone who is unclear.  We don't employ the use of troll bins nor edit the content of any post (aside from title, spelling, and capitalization when necessary).  We do however reserve the right to do one of two things.  A.) Split the post or move an entire thread to a flagged threads section of the forum (not visible) or B.) Use strikethrough (strikethrough) on any portion of a post that personally attacks another forum user, et. al. outside a typical debate context (ie: calling someone a derogatory name, repeated insults, baiting, etc.).  This option allows for the text to be preserved while highlighting our disagreement.

As to this thread.... I personally have no problem with the context of what was posted so as long as both parties are not personally offended by the other (aside from the admin edit several days ago).  At this point I think this thread is winding down or near death anyway.

RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2010, 01:31:04 am »

-cant help but laugh my ass off-

Nadia, Interesting post (if a bit tricky to read a large block, but that's just me being fussy.)  Overall, you are correct - I have had no experience that would put any weight whatsoever into someone being able to make an effect - or similar - to me from outside of a room. Ive had people claim it (as in, claiming to do things at me/to me/in my direction/etc)  numerous times, as mentioned, in many different forms, but all a great big load of bupkus.

Now, I will say, that in person, Ive had some... interesting experiences (sober) but weather they would fall under psionics/energy working and so forth, eh, I couldn't say as such. As an example, I "believe" Ive had encounters with a spiritual being that I perceived to be Hades, but I have utterly no way of proving it or really explaining it - Just merely what I felt on my lonesome.  (It was a bit of a fucked up night.)  I suppose I should point out that despite rumors to the contrary, I am not one for hallucinations. 

As an aside, I do appreciate the fairness, Nadia. Nice to see it work both ways.

Automotive Necromancer
Nadia115
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2010, 07:01:42 am »

I tend to do that when I have many thoughts running through my head that I want to get typed out. Which is why I love MS office and word. I had started a book and I would type away and have to go in later to edit in paragraphs. I need to get back to that book now that the derailment is over....

Maybe you could offer up some in person experiences at some point for discussion? Might help some others who have had similar ones. Not only that but it may even be pretty interesting to discuss what they may or may not have been.

PD, your post is still there. It has not been deleted. One line was marked through and is still readable. You have the option to leave it, or delete it...your freedom and words were not taken from you. I and others have let many things said by both of you go unchecked. It is nothing personal. Had it been Koon saying something similar I would have done the same thing to try to head off any possible direction towards the old argument. That is THE only time that has been done to one of your posts which means the argument that there is heavy moderation is moot. It does not exist if you look through everything. The old argument has been beaten to a bloody pulp and is far past dead. It is actually in the last stages of decay really. From this point on, I will not debate that edit with you here or in PM.
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2010, 06:50:29 pm »

*is incredibly late with this*
the bunny made me "awe" in sadness but also laugh hysterically at the same time.
i love animals, but also love how they taste lol..

otherthan that.. i'm feeling pretty tired and unable to focus enough to reply to this thread and all the previous posts at this time. Sad sorry
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2010, 07:54:50 pm »

Disbelief is much easier.

Just sayin'.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2010, 08:32:38 pm »

Disbelief is much easier.

Just sayin'.

Not for those of any given faith, it aint.

Automotive Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: