AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 08:58:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19895 Posts in 2601 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Other Religious, Spiritual, & Philosophical Paradigms (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Would You Swallow Jesus & Smile? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Would You Swallow Jesus & Smile?  (Read 9410 times)
Thought
Level 4 Contributor

« on: July 20, 2010, 06:04:10 pm »

OK!  Now that I have your attention with that lovely title, I'll explain what I mean.

So as people may or may not be aware, my family has been made whole by the near completion of the adoption of my beautiful son.  Suddenly becoming a mother to a 7 year old is no small undertaking I tell you.  And so I chose to leave my job of 60+ hours a week.  While savings will carry me as a stay-at-home-mom for a few months, eventually I will have to go back to work and I would like to do so part-time.

So, with all my lovely degrees I have been looking into becoming a Teacher Adjunct.  There is an opening at a local Christian College.  It's a nice place and so far the people seem agreeable.  But it is a Christian Faith based institute that is private funded.  So they can pretty much preach Jesus as much as they want. 

Part of the interview process is to 'discuss my walk through life with Jesus Christ.'

Now while I respect the spiritual lives of all creatures big and small, I tend to think that is a personal issue and am not comfortable just throwing out beliefs.  Obviously I'm not going to be able to speak candidly with these people if I want to actually get the job.

So then, would you swallow the Jesus cracker and smile for the possibility of a decent job?  Obviously I've no intention of flat out lying, but I will have to phrase things THEIR way.  I will have to practice spirituality (at least in the open) the way THEY say in order to get a pay check.

Thoughts?

iVamp : Ask me what kinds of Apps I come with.
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 09:39:27 am »

Honestly unless it was only for a short period of time then I'd say no, and look for something else. It was like the one job I had where people expected me to be all smiley all the time and that just didn't work with me. After I was moody when usually I'm not, and just felt like I wasn't in my own skin and dirty. If that is how you see the outcome being then don't do it unless you really need the money. Then do that but look all the time for another job that will be better for you.   

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
Thought
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 11:02:15 am »

It's a very short period of time, the money is good, it's basically working 4-10 hours a week for a rather hefty paycheck AND...I need the money.   Undecided

Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 11:33:49 am »

Then do it, and have a drink waiting for you when you get home, and a warm bath. Wink Or whatever you like to unwind. XD Just remember that the money is going to you and you'd make far better use of it then a pedophile priest. (I really couldn't help myself saying that. XD)

Taris
Level 3 Contributor

Feel free to contact me for discussions.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 05:22:34 pm »

I personally wouldnt know unless the situation arose. There have been instances where I have applied at places which was face based simply do to the need to earn something, anything, to survive. I have yet to work at such a place though. At this point I am currently unemployed for the past 6 months and If the church were to employ me for some reason I would gladly join simply to make ends meet. I have a 4 year old daughter to think about so I would put aside my pride and do it. I wish you the best with it and hope that you wont have to swallow too much of jesus as I know over time that would drive me myself to wits end lol.

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:47:24 am »

My mind is so in the gutter with this title.

but.. ultimately.. its  their rules, their game.   You either play it, or your dont.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Thought
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 06:28:58 pm »

Ah the mind in the gutter where it belongs.   Grin

Thanks for the input everyone.  I sent them my 'journey with Jesus Christ' statement and they stopped replying to me.  ~_~;;  My mom told me she would write a sparkling one for me, but I just take issues with flat out lying about spiritual things.  Makes me taste bile.

So in the end it might not matter because I don't think I'm 'Christian enough' for them without being a complete and utter phony.  How ironic is that?

Taris
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 07:04:04 pm »

Lol I could comment but I would anger alot of Christians i imagine. Well I wish you the best in finding work suited to your situation Thought Smiley.

Dark blessing.

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
Thought
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 07:09:01 pm »

Thank you Taris, I appreciate it.  Cheesy

Taris
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 07:16:24 pm »

Anytime. I am simply passing time now so im prowling the boards and thinking as I surf the web lol.

Thought
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 07:33:53 pm »

Yeah me too.  Trying to entertain my brain.  It's been a bad few days.   Tongue

Taris
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 07:44:56 pm »

Thats a difficult these thing between games and the net based games. Then those who would be on the games and on the net and the various activities on it besides simply the games. But yeah Tongue I havent had a full blown intellectual conversation about well anything for a while. I feel I am rotting my brain away 0.o

Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 08:36:57 pm »

paindancer lol yea I thought of that too.

Thought that sucks they haven't replied to you. I know that I'm way too much of an Atheist so if I had to do that I'm be flat out lying. However if I needed the money I'd do it. When it comes to something like that being spiritually pure doesn't mean anything to me. However if it was for a long period of time I might get outed, I can act just as long as I have breaks where I don't have to.

Taris
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 12:09:26 am »

I understand you there Maenad. The problem isnt in being able to lie its whether you wish to or not. I personally have lack of morality so lying about my standings with good ole christ doesnt concern me much.  If it comes to family or religion family comes first. Friends second as without those around you you would be lacking. I find this "place" and what you must do to eat and provide comes first and foremost. The spiritual will be the spiritual. The physical is the here and now, which is why so much drama arises from houses and eldership and all that drama and bullshit pardon my language. I say first and foremost we strive to better ourselves here. The spiritual we have a lifetime for. I have been practicing 10 years now and if I am not well with the physical, my funds, and my family my whole spirituality is out of whack as both mirror each other. So what? Deal with the christian or catholic bullshit until you are fine and move on.

AS for the gutter. *grins* my mind is there constantly but ehh. Tongue Dark blessings all.

Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 10:09:09 am »

Taris I often find that kind of morality to be shallow and only self gratifying, your right the only thing important are the people you care for. For my mom I fake being an innocent Catholic girl in front of my great aunt. That's because she's over 90 and has been really religious her whole life, and really wouldn't understand what it is to not be. She'd probably think I was Satanic lol especially because one of my ex's wasn't white. That's where my view of it being shallow and self gratifying comes in. Wink I never understood also the logic you do something to hurt someone then after you wish it was better again.

Also lol who's mind really isn't? lol     

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: