AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2018, 12:02:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19895 Posts in 2601 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Occult | Magick | Spells | Rituals | Astrology | Divination (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Stones & Crystals 101 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stones & Crystals 101  (Read 6355 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: January 19, 2008, 08:03:57 pm »

Posted by Siege Tue Dec 20 2005 12:23am

Charms
To make a stone/crystal charm, smudge it with corresponding incense and charge it with intent.  The charm can be the stone itself, the stone in a charm bag, or jewlery made from the stone.  This will bring good things to you.

To banish negative energies, charge a stone with your negative thoughts/energy and carry it with you for 24 hours.  Once all of your negative energy has moved into the stone, bury it or throw it into a natural body of water.

Elixirs
To make an elixir, get a stone, pure water, and an air tight jar.  Charge the stone with intent and put it and the water in the jar and place the jar in sunlight for 1 - 9 days.  Numerology can play a a part in the number of days.  Elixirs can be used for blessings, charms, in baths, and even in food (if the stones aren't toxic).

Healing Stones
A general rule is to place a stone that's the same color of the chakra that corresponds to what you're trying to heal on that chakra.

For example, if you're trying to heal a physical heart problem or a love issue, place a green stone such as aventurine on the 4th chakra.

How to Cleanse Stones
Stones are reusuable, however between uses, it's a good idea to cleanse your stones.  You can use either of the 4 elements to cleanse stones.

Earth Cleansing - Put the stone in a natural sack (i.e. cotton, silk) and bury it for at least 24 hours.

Water Cleansing - Put the stone in a sack and tie it to a stake near natural water.  Let the sack bob in the water for at least 24 hours.  If you're not near natural water, you can put the stones under running tap water while sending "white light" into it for cleansing.

Air Cleansing - Hold the stone over the smoke of blessed incense and say blessing and cleansing words.  You can also leave the stone in full moonlight.

Fire Cleansing - Allow the stone to sit in the sun and be cleansed by its energy.  Fire cleansing is most effective during equinoxes and solstices.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
ariesffa1500
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 12:21:31 am »

Another way to cleanse by fire is to burn the stone in a fire that is made for the purpose of cleansing and purifying.

From whence we have come do we once again return. Life and Death are integral parts of the same whole, without one the other does not exist.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Such is true, thus knowledge is power so knowledge corrupts and absolute knowledge corrupts absolutely.
onelight
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:32:08 am »

Is there an on-line story for Crystals stones I really need one thank u.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:20:04 am »

A good consecration for anything like that is that of Fire and Water.  In my Pagan church we have a process to this.  We light incense for the fire and have a bowl of water for the water, and then we pass it through the smoke from the incense and then flick water onto it.  there is a chant that goes along with it, but I would have to take out my class notes to tell you about it.  Maybe I will later.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 02:25:28 pm »

you need to be careful with leaving crystals in the sun, not all of them handle it very well. i know it's said to diminish the color and quality of amethyst.... and i refuse to find out if this is true or not. :X  i love my amethyst too much. :3 <3 <3 <3

(even if it's not cut well <3)
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:27:13 pm »

Just remember not to wear it when you're drinking Wink

---Mal
Nocturne
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 08:35:36 pm »

The only precious stone I have is an emrald.  Do they have any special properties?  Can they be turned into charms?

The light which burns twice as bright, burns half as long...therefore we who live in darkness...live forever?
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 02:49:54 pm »

The only precious stone I have is an emrald.  Do they have any special properties?  Can they be turned into charms?

im sure they do, i don't know them offhand.  but i generally feel that you should get to know your stone/crystal before you look up what other people have said about it. 

and emerald--sounds very pretty.  and yes, it could be turned into a charm if you wish. Wink

i have a gold ring set with a rather large opal and surrounded by twelve garnets--said to enhance paitience or some shit like that.  my mom gave it to me, go figure.  she had no idea. xD  that said, i dont really FEEL more patient when i wear it, so... (shrug)

i also have the most beautiful rutilated quartz <3 beautiful beautiful, lovely feel to it.

i also have an orange calcite double-pointed rod thingy.  it's really good at pulling energy from people/things.

like i said, get to know your stone and find out what it is good at and use it for that.  a lot of what people put online i feel doesn't always fit with what i've found my stones are good for. Wink
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 02:52:07 pm »

They all do, I have bags of them with descriptions on the card of what they do, maybe I'll post some of them later.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
Librek33
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 04:28:17 pm »

Another way to cleanse stones is to take any white or clear stone, and charge it for any of the following: grounding, cleansing, absorbing negative energy, or just pushing all energies out.
Single tourmelated is good for focusing the energies of the stone to be cleansed outward. This is how I usually cleanse a stone. I'm an earth sign so that helps me in working with stones. In any case, a good visualization is just a blank, large white room. Like in the matrix when Morpheus introduces neo to the programmable nature of the matrix. I find movies a good source for visualization ideas.

-Librek
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »

Emeralds can be used for protection, luck, and attracting money. There's other intents that they can be used for, but I don't have access to my books. They also don't have to be the super fancy gem quality emeralds, either. Cheap cloudy tumbled versions are becoming more widely available, and the energy focuses on them just as well. I've actually found that, for me, it's easier to charge a raw emerald (or any other stone) than one that's been cut and faceted. Tumbled gemstones don't seem to give me trouble either. I have a roughly tumbled raw emerald, light green and very cloudy, that I charged and hung in my rats cage when I brought them home. It kept them safe even when their cage got knocked down by the cat and they fell 6 feet to the ground. Little Jasmine was bleeding rectally and she still survived, though they had mine and Billy's help after the fall. When Jasmine, Ivy, and finally Rose passed away we buried the emerald with them. It seemed appropriate.

also, for stone elixirs, it's best not to actually drink the elixir unless you know for certain it's safe. Some stones have dangerous chemicals in them that can leach into the water and make you sick.

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: