AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 08, 2020, 07:14:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  State Of The Online Vampire Community 2010: Declining Participation Levels? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Print
Author Topic: State Of The Online Vampire Community 2010: Declining Participation Levels?  (Read 106770 times)
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2010, 10:09:42 pm »

Ya know, I have to disagree. I didnt see bullying or anything of the like here, just legitimate questioning, and past that, there ARE people that deserve their asses handed to them; for if more people did get their hides tanned, maybe the world would be a better place.

Automotive Necromancer
Nadia115
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2010, 10:18:35 pm »

She made more than just a couple of posts through out the whole forum. Also, I didn't rip her apart. No one here has ever seen me rip a person apart. I was being blunt and to the point. There is again, a difference. Otherwise...and? I really hope you do not think you can get to me. Hard to do when a person could care less what others think of them. IOW...you are wasting your energy and anger and twisting of what has been said in an attempt to be a martyr in all of this.
SangSavvy
Level 3 Contributor

Love is Always Fate's decision.

« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2010, 10:23:50 pm »

I never said they're aren't people that deserve it, but Rayna did nothing to deserve anything like that.  

Furthermore, of course you would disagree RK.  You think it's your right to say and do whatever you feel like, and should have no repercussions for it whatsoever.  The more hateful or cynical you are, the more it seems you are happy with yourself.  And no matter what anyone says, you just have to say the opposite, like a compulsion to seem like you can prove others wrong no matter what, basically making yourself seem more intelligent or high up in thought comprehension, when really all you're doing is bsing your way through every thread and post about peoples livelihood as much as possible.  Good for you for doing so at the expense of others time and energy.  

As I've said in the past, it's a shame, because you have a good side, RK.

Nadia, even if that wasn't your worst, it certainly wasn't your best.  Furthermore, saying what you wanted, and then trying to make me sound like I am the troublemaker when I simply wasn't agreeing with you is a bit sad. 

RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:06 pm »

And what, praytell, would you know of me (or of Nadia for that matter), savvy? Weve conversed little here, and I am unaware of you elsewhere. What would you know of my nature, my likes, my habits, past what very little I display here, hm? What would you know of my good or bad side at all?  Seems to me that it would be very little, lest you are here under false pretenses?  Now granted, I dont particularly hide myself, I have a very long, somewhat sordid history with the OVC, however, considering the facts that this very topic has established; that there are liars, wannabes, pissants, twits and such that come and go in the OVC, it would stand that someone like, say, me, someone who has a track record of calling people out on their bullshit, standing up against oppressive morons or be willing to say that which MANY wont stand up and say *pointed hint to some in this very board*, that I would indeed aquire a rather lengthy list of detractors and naysayers.   

Therefore, I would ask, out of common courtesy and respect, that unless you have something substantial to base your comments on regarding me, and are willing to back them up, to can them.

(And that, FYI, is an example of someone baring but a claw.)

Automotive Necromancer
SangSavvy
Level 3 Contributor

Love is Always Fate's decision.

« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2010, 10:53:12 pm »

You just aren't listening.  Nor will you. 

Taking my leave now. 

Think whatever the heck you wanna think.  I guess it's just fighting a losing battle. 
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #275 on: November 16, 2010, 10:55:10 pm »

This is me holding up a mirror for you to look upon yourself.

Automotive Necromancer
display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2010, 12:03:31 am »

damn...
what did i miss?
sorry i was busy playing solitare with my other 5 personas..
Nadia115
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2010, 12:41:28 am »

Who won?
display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2010, 01:03:46 am »

i dont know yet...they are still arguing...lmao
Sanguinarius
Level 2 Contributor

Must...have...more...coffee...

« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2010, 02:41:56 pm »

but I guess you're just human after all.

I hate to break it to you, honey, but you're human, too.  Period. Maybe different, but human. We all are biologically human. And yes, we aren't any better than anyone else.

COMMunication + UNITY = COMMUNITY

--Sanguinarius

Sanguinarius: The Vampire Support Page
http://www.sanguinarius.org/

#Sanguinarius Chat
http://irc.sanguinarius.org/

The Vam-Personals - Gothic & Vampire
http://www.vampersonals.com/
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2010, 08:00:03 pm »

but I guess you're just human after all.

I hate to break it to you, honey, but you're human, too.  Period. Maybe different, but human. We all are biologically human. And yes, we aren't any better than anyone else.

Very, very true - Something that the OVC in particular needs a rather stern reminder of, hm?

Automotive Necromancer
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2010, 05:24:27 pm »

Wow....a LOT has been said since i last read this thread (3 whole pages!)

I almost want to just keep my mouth shut here....but frankly I find it too disgusting for people to act upon their own compulsions and emotions and ignore a good intellectual debate.

Rayna, if you still have the spine to be reading this thread after your 'poor me, I'm leaving!' post, I would say you need to learn a bit of maturity...the world is full of much harsher people than what you experienced here...This is a nice group, and if you cant realize that people ARE pulling their punches here to try not to hurt your feelings, then perhaps you need to take a step back and re-evaluate how much of your persecution is perceived and how much is actual.

Savvy, no one likes a paladin....if you want to defend the weak and hopeless go stand in front of a tank somewhere..Come back when you have learned more about human nature and yourself.
Seriously....coming from someone with a very strong guardian aspect, you need to learn when to control your compulsions.

Nadia/RK....I don't have much to say on your posts. Sticking to personal observations and trying not to deviate down the road of hypotheticals/theories that may be considered insulting or personally attacking would be the best i can muster.

As far as my opinion of the south....It's too large an area to classify in any specific terms...I thought the town I moved to was hick and insensitive given that I'm technically in the 'Bible Belt' now...but after living here for a bit I've seen much acceptance to the pagan community here....so I am rather hopeful. Then again, I think that age has a lot to do with it....my current area is home to multiple colleges....and as such there is more open minded youngsters, if you pardon my phrase....compared with my old town which was a retirement capital...and banned the magic/supernatural section from the local Barnes&Nobel in favor of a "christian inspiration" section.....one of the few times i felt like torching a building was then....but I opted for the much more legal means of vocally and publicly boycotting the entire franchise....not that it hurt me to drive 5 min down the road to the local Borders....which never followed suit, especially given that as i got to know the staff a bit, a good number of them are not mundane.

I can't say I've been persecuted for being a vampire....I don't state that I am one...I used to identify as a sympathetic vampire given that my deficiency was not inborn but rather a byproduct of a rather unique situation i was in. I've since learned to generate enough energy to fuel myself and my energy work. I have openly shared my history with my close circle of friends, much to some of them being shocked, others acknowledging in understanding of the signs I've tried to show them over the years. Its not something we talk about, but they accept me as they always have. Even my one friend who denies anything beyond the physical existing, despite a skeptical look when i first opened up to him, is completely fine. If anyone has a problem with me, it is for me, and not what i am. I expect no different of myself towards others.

As I once told someone who responded to my disposition towards them by labeling me as racist, "I don't care if you are black, white, green, elf, dog, or even if you label yourself as a freakin martian...YOURE AN ASSHOLE!...Your skin has nothing to do with your parents not raising you right."...The same applies here....If only people could just look at each other on an equal level without putting the biases of race, religion, political stance or sexuality(except the lack thereof, i am biased against that....everyone should be able to get laid...it's just sad if one team or another doesn't do it for you) on the table....Thank you for listening to my rant, if you have read this far, have a cookie. =)

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2010, 12:16:38 am »

Ah hells Thought, if you have something on your mind, feel free to say it - Im a big raccoon, i dont cry the first time someone says something mean, if I did, id never of stayed ten years on the OVC. Wink

Automotive Necromancer
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:09 pm »

Since my original posting on July 14, 2010 overall community participation via forums, ning, yahoo, and other sites has dropped on average an additional 15 to 40% - depending on format (37.6% on Yahoo Groups alone).

childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2010, 09:39:15 pm »

I've only just gotten internet back and may not have it long, due to the economy and total lack of jobs. I was forced to move from the place I've lived in literally 15 years, since I was 10 years old, and move 2,000 miles away to a place where I know nothing and no one, and where my nearest relative is over 1500 miles away, in the hopes of finding a job in a more job friendly environment. I'm wondering if maybe the state of the economy in the U.S. and worldwide has something to do with a drop in online participation? I would've been here every day from the day I signed up if it had been financially possible.

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: